Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 23 2010
By: Project_Ares Treasure Hunter 5071 posts

Get Some facts

38 replies 43 views Edited Feb 23, 2010

Some basic fact, dates may not be exact but they are close.

Skills/Ranks/Clans aside. Lets look at the facts.

Beta  6/02/09

> 3m 13d

Demo 9/15/09

> 5m

1.05  2/15/10

Total time from Beta Release to 1.05 Update

8 Months and 13 days

Being this was a first crack at Uncharted Multiplayer I'd say that tweaking guns/health is acceptable. But why did they wait so long? We had a Beta and a Demo, why wasn't it looked at then? Before the actual game release. 

Did not enough people play the Beta/Demo? Because i was all over these boards and there was no crying about health or gun damage. Nades was the only problem (to some). Please go look ------------> http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=uncharted2beta

I love Nd as much as the next guy for these great games. But doesn't make you scratch your head?

Here's a system that's out for 8 months. Some players are fine. Others lack.....mostly due to playing full parties. So instead of partying up with better players or stepping their personal game up. ND changes the system. AFTER 8 MONTHS! You Kidding?

So basically the MP System was crap from the gate and it took 8 Months to notice it.

Or did ND throw a bone to the average player?

It's gotta be one or the other.....Cant be BOTH!

photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 39 (43 Views)
Survivor
2526 posts

Re: Get Some facts

Feb 23, 2010
This is what I don't get either. We get a beta and then five straight months of multiplayer (between the last beta and now), and out of nowhere ND just decides to make a huge change to the game? That's a slap in the face to those of us who have been fans of the multiplayer since last June.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 39 (43 Views)
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Feb 23, 2010
i agree, it just boggles my mind that ND goes this long into the games MP life to implement changes that drastically change the mechanics of the game that seemed like no one had any complaints about in the first place, besides a select few (cant please everyone).  and then they implement the changes on everyone, why not make it its own playlist?  that just boggles my mind even more, they could have please everyone by making it its own playlist and let everyone else who liked it before 1.05 still play the game they fell in love with.  they tried to please everyone but in the end pleased no one.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 39 (43 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Feb 23, 2010
EXACTLY! Thanks for this Post. ND has either proved they totaly DIDN'T test their game at all before launch, or their the kind of people to change their game completely to satisfy the least common denominator... which is why im am SO INCREDIBLY PISSED at them.
Message Edited by IxxBalmungxxI on 02-23-2010 10:54 AM
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 39 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Feb 23, 2010

hao-chi wrote:
This is what I don't get either. We get a beta and then five straight months of multiplayer (between the last beta and now), and out of nowhere ND just decides to make a huge change to the game? That's a slap in the face to those of us who have been fans of the multiplayer since last June.

Quite frankly I don't care anymore. I thought it was perfectly fine in the summer beta and then 2010 came around and they decided for kicks and giggles to change everything. Thankfully lots of good games are coming out soon and I've yet to have a craving to play MP lately. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 39 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3022 posts

Feb 23, 2010

hao-chi wrote:
I have been a fan of the multiplayer since the June beta and the update was fine. It didn't ruin anything. It gave us balance.

sackperson_cool Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 39 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1433 posts

Feb 24, 2010
the only reason i bought the ps3 is JUST for uncharted 2, now with this update im pisssed.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 39 (43 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Yeah, I don't really get it.

Completely revamping the game that everyone has been (more or less) completely content with, developed strategies and tactics for, and honed their skills to play? 

Seems really unwise, this late in the game. No pun intended, ololol.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 39 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Feb 24, 2010
Actually they threw a gigantic box with patch 1.05 written on the side, when the box was opened it was millions of bones in an effort to win some fans over that are totally obsessed with the overrated fps that has caused so many games to try and imitate it because of its massive money it rakes in.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 39 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Feb 24, 2010

sackperson_cool wrote:

hao-chi wrote:
I have been a fan of the multiplayer since the June beta and the update was fine. It didn't ruin anything. It gave us balance.

You have played this game since the june beta and your level 39? Hmm.. *scratches his head* yah your one of the hardcore fans, i wonder why you like 1.05 then.. hmm..

Message Edited by Pdizzle_9 on 02-24-2010 01:49 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 39 (43 Views)
0 Likes