Fun Facts about Naughty Dog's Epic Game...(Uncharted 2: Among Thieves)
- We spent over 30 days on our soundstage recording motion capture performances, which resulted in over 90 minutes of cinematics, along with a ton of in-game animations.
- Our daily backup of data averaged over one terabyte towards the end of the project, and that covers only Uncharted 2 assets and data.
- We Drank a &#$% ton of soda- over 30,000 cans and one bottle of bourbon during the two years of production on Uncharted 2.
- We Had a texture-streaming bug that we were fighting with right up to the day before the big Uncharted 2 Stage Presentation at the Sony E3 conference. If it had happened while on stage, all of the polygons would have turned purple. We had a second person playing backstage so we could switch in an instant if the bug cropped up.
- We switched our video compression from m2v to DIVX and back in the last week before we gold mastered because we werent sure we could fit the game on the Blu-Ray Disc (25 GB!)
- Some of the Billboards and posters on the walls in the Nepal level started from photos of team membeers.
- If you look carefully you can spot the Naughty Dog paw logo hidden in several places throughout the game.
- Though the train level was one of the very first things we started working on, it was also one of the very last stages that came together. It incorporated almost every new gameplay mechanic and rendering technique added to Uncharted 2 from the first game.
Nice Job Naughty Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, "over 30,000 cans and one bottle of bourbon during the two years of production on Uncharted 2."? That seems like a lot of soda!
- Some of the Billboards and posters on the walls in the Nepal level started from photos of team members.
- If you look carefully you can spot the Naughty Dog paw logo hidden in several places throughout the game. "
I'll be looking out for this.