Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Re: Excessive use of RPG's/Hammer..skilled or cowards?

Mar 14, 2010

I'll pick up an RPG or Hammer if I pass by it, but I don't try to use it exclusively.... So, yes, I agree with the OP. Excessive use of these weapons is cheap. And so are shotguns. Period. Also, I consider anyone who stealth kills me a fairly skilled player, since it's pretty hard for me to stealth kill anyone. Smiley Tongue

If you have Christ in your heart, put this in your sig.
Message 31 of 44 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Mar 14, 2010

Agreed with JakandRatchet79, once in a great while i'll put on rocket man or the hammer booster but usually i never try to go for the power weapons. Its a great place to watch though since so many noobs will run out and try to get it.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 32 of 44 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Mar 14, 2010

Cowards. No doubt about it.

I represent myself, The Consumer; Not Sony Corporate. How About You?
Message 33 of 44 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Mar 14, 2010

anybody who calls a power weapon user a coward is a newb who has probably tried to use it themselves and failed, so they just cry about it.  most people pick it up if they see it, some camp and that's fine. if you're a good player you don't have to worry about somebody waiting around in one spot not contributing to their team's success and if you're a really good player you kill them and take it. however, if you're a bad player, you go on the forums and cry about POWER weapons being overpowered and unfair Smiley Sad  mmm tears

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Curtins4u
Message 34 of 44 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
629 posts

Mar 14, 2010

Curtins4u wrote:

anybody who calls a power weapon user a coward is a newb who has probably tried to use it themselves and failed, so they just cry about it.  most people pick it up if they see it, some camp and that's fine. if you're a good player you don't have to worry about somebody waiting around in one spot not contributing to their team's success and if you're a really good player you kill them and take it. however, if you're a bad player, you go on the forums and cry about POWER weapons being overpowered and unfair Smiley Sad  mmm tears

So I will take your answer as: "Yes, I am Soooooo skilled I have to use overpowered weapons"  Yeah big skill there.

Had you bothered reading the post instead of going off like some self-proclaimed God to gaming, you will also noticed I have no issues with, as you and all you Excellency puts it, "nOObs" using them for they are the ones I would expect to use such weapons.

Only thing worse than using overpowered weapons is arrogance like what you just displayed above. That isn't only tacky in this game, but all gaming. I am sure we all bow to your superiority and excellence.

NOT!

Message 35 of 44 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Mar 14, 2010

The real cowards are people who use Situational Awareness. No disputing that, their cowards...

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 36 of 44 (122 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Mar 14, 2010

Curtins4u wrote:

I find that utterly hilarious considering the fact that I've dusted players who were using the Hammer with a Pistol and later received a message from them saying that I was the noob. The word "Noob" (or in your case "Newb" which have two different meanings) gets tossed around more than a football.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with using the RPG, or the launcher, but when it's the only gun that particular people rely on, it's simply a cheap kill that takes little to no skill to obtain. I use the AK-47 with the standard pistol, eventually I pick up the M4 and sometimes even the Moss, but usually it's when I'm out of ammo for my AK and those weapons are closest to me at that point in time.

There's a difference between simply grabbing something on your way and sprinting for it because you know that you suck with a standard weapon such as the AK-47, or even the M4.

Another thing, I have tried the RPG and the launcher both and I can tell you right now that they take absolutely no skill to master. Point and shoot, that's all I did with it and I killed three at once.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 37 of 44 (122 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Mar 14, 2010

Wade_VC wrote:

Curtins4u wrote:

So I will take your answer as: "Yes, I am Soooooo skilled I have to use overpowered weapons"  Yeah big skill there.

Had you bothered reading the post instead of going off like some self-proclaimed God to gaming, you will also noticed I have no issues with, as you and all you Excellency puts it, "nOObs" using them for they are the ones I would expect to use such weapons.

Only thing worse than using overpowered weapons is arrogance like what you just displayed above. That isn't only tacky in this game, but all gaming. I am sure we all bow to your superiority and excellence.

NOT!

The only arrogence is from you and your comment "So I will take your answer as: "Yes, I am Soooooo skilled I have to use overpowered weapons"  Yeah big skill there."

Check the stats cry baby. I have a 1.7 k/d ratio (2.00 on the leaderboards) with 7,463 kills, 313 of them with the Hammer and 157 of them with the RPG. Clearly I don't need to use overpowered weapons, yet I still defend the people who choose to use them.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Curtins4u
Message 38 of 44 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
672 posts

Mar 14, 2010

What i do when i see someone abussing RPGs or hammers is.....

1:Grab a shotgun,pistole

2:Camp at the RPG/Hammer respawn point

3:Wait for someone to go get it

4:Kill them with the shotgun.

Then i just pump them and grab the RPG and somethimes i even kill them again with it lol

Message 39 of 44 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Mar 14, 2010

power weapons can be really useful. If you have any power weapons you can really spawn trap or push the

opposing team back so your team can flank easily. The only reason why people complains about the powerweapons is that

the newbie doesnt know where the power spawns are...

Message 40 of 44 (122 Views)
0 Likes