Sackboy
642 posts

Re: Re: Re: Drake's new look...

Feb 25, 2010

Whatever happens to his "look" is going to be dictated by whatever happens in the next storyline. All I'm saying is that Indy stuck with his core look throughout the series and I think it's important for ND to do the same with Nate. I just don't want to see them make the same mistakes that have been made with Lara Croft over the years. Keep it simple and keep the continuity or you'll eventually turn a lot of people off by messing with things.

Message 41 of 50 (133 Views)
Sackboy
608 posts

Feb 25, 2010

Pitfall_Harry72 wrote:

Whatever happens to his "look" is going to be dictated by whatever happens in the next storyline. All I'm saying is that Indy stuck with his core look throughout the series and I think it's important for ND to do the same with Nate. I just don't want to see them make the same mistakes that have been made with Lara Croft over the years. Keep it simple and keep the continuity or you'll eventually turn a lot of people off by messing with things.

I totally agree.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 42 of 50 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Drake's new look...

Feb 25, 2010
...and that's my problem with your comments and why I said you should learn to read the op before commenting because you make it seem like I'm proposing ND give Drake a pink mohawk and a tiedie(spelling?) shirt. I'm not suggesting such drastic changes but small things that would'nt look out of place for an adventurer like Drake, and again, I never said these would be permanent changes like in lara croft's case.I just thought it'd be interesting to see Drake w/out his gelled hair and clean shave for once...
Message 43 of 50 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Drake's new look...

Feb 25, 2010
I mean, alot of you guys seem to think Drake is some kind of alien with self gel dispensing hair... Drake is only human people and sometimes humans forget to gel up thier hair or shave or in some cases it's simply not the time or place to do either (ex: hunting for treasure in an uncharted area while people are shooting at you and creatures chasing you, hin hint) it's like you guys want to keep reality completely seperate from video games, well news flash people, it's 2010 not the 1980's anymore...
Message 44 of 50 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
642 posts

Re: Drake's new look...

Feb 25, 2010

Well, I'm not sure about his hair but he certainly wasn't clean shaven threw a lot of Uncharted 2....especially the jail scenes and toward the end. So, they have already done part of what you suggested. By naming the thread "Drake's New Look" you pretty much left it wide open for people to start making suggestions well beyond what you might have intended.

My fear is that since ND listens to a lot of what is said around here there might bigger changes suggested that ND might think we all want when infact we don't (see patch 1.05).....such as making him older. Sorry, I already suffered threw Grandpa Indy in Crystal Skull I don't need Drake heading the same direction.

Message 45 of 50 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: Re: Drake's new look...

Feb 25, 2010
You don't seem to have much confidence in ND pitfall, well let me say that whatever they decide to do with Drake in Uncharted 3 that most Unchartd fans won't be dissapointed. ND has chops man and the way Drake develops or appears in Uncharted 3, I'm positive that ND will have the story to back it up, trust me.
Message 46 of 50 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Feb 25, 2010
You shouldn't be comparing ND to George Lucas films that were made after he lost his mind, films that were made in his younger years are much more appropriate...
Message 47 of 50 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Feb 25, 2010

"gelled hair and clean chaven look from the first 2 games"?

What? He has the classic pulp action adventure scruff and his hair is like a normal person. Rough looking.

However, in the concept art for the winter drake. He had slightly longer hair and slightly more bearded which looked pretty neat. It would be cool for him to be a bit more scruffy in a part of the game, when hes away from civilization, and then for the rest of the game his hair like like normal and has the 6 o'clock shadow.

Game Photography:
http://s617.photobucket.com/home/JoeDuke4/index

Homemade fightscene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjErlHH21sA

'Fortune Favours the Bold'
Message 48 of 50 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6585 posts

Feb 26, 2010

pdiss88 wrote:

Isn't Jeremy Davies that scrawny guy that played Faraday on Lost?

No, dude. He wouldn't work as Drake.

Yeah err he was. Just because he was scrawny on there doesn't mean he couldn't buff up for the role and have a different personality. He's 41 now so a bit too old. It's called acting Smiley Happy 

Message 49 of 50 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Feb 26, 2010

1. Speak for yourself and not other people. 

2. "Grandpa Indy"? What do you expect? The setting takes place 20 years after his last adventure.  You want him to look younger? People age, and I would hate to have it be another actor other than Harrison Ford.

3. ND probably won't make big changes to Nathan Drakes look due to only a couple forum posts, that takes alot of work to do.

Sorry I don't know why it didn't quote Pitfall_Harry72, but it should have.  That's who I'm replying to.

Message Edited by m0neyman1029 on 02-26-2010 06:46 AM
I want to find my own peace.

Message 50 of 50 (133 Views)
0 Likes