Oct 18 2009
By: Asher13 Wastelander 663 posts

Drake and Lazarovich *SUPER MEGA-TON SPOILERS*

15 replies 27 views Edited Oct 18, 2009

Spoilers coming up, you've been warned.

Do you guys think that Drake and Lazarovich are really as similar as Lazarovich says near the end?  I thought it was an interesting point that Lazarovich made, asking Drake how many of his men did Drake kill to get to the same point (my final count said 1221, lol).  Is the difference between the two that Drake is capable of compassion and mercy or is there more differences, or is Drake really as bad as Lazarovich, but Drake simply can't admit it to himself.  I just thought it was an interesting point to raise.  I mean, I thought the only reason that Nate didn't shoot Lazarovich himself is because the Guardians would've done the job for him, go after Lazarovich while Nate can escape.

PSN ID: Asher13

Suit up!
Message 1 of 16 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2882 posts

Re: Drake and Lazarovich *SUPER MEGA-TON SPOILERS*

Oct 18, 2009
Drake is a treasure hunter and a thief, he is in no way a good guy.  They both illegally fight each other.
My Plats:

ps3 platinum trophy uncharted drakes fortuneps3 platinum trophy little big planetps3 platinum trophy killzone 2ps3Uncharted 2 PlatModern Warfare 2 Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed 2Trine
Message 2 of 16 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3808 posts

Oct 18, 2009

Lazaravoich: Drake, I am your father.

LOL

Photobucket
Message 3 of 16 (27 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1956 posts

Oct 18, 2009

It's an interesting thought. But Laz was going after the stone for world domination. Drake was chasing it purely out of curiosity (initially) and later to stop Lazorovich.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Drake is purely good. But he's much closer to Hero than he is neutral. And nowhere close to evil.

Message 4 of 16 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Oct 18, 2009
In the end, Drake does whats right.

“We came back with an attitude, like we gotta make this better,
So many sequels to movies fail, this can’t fail,
Because we desperately want to do a third one.”
- Nolan North
Message 5 of 16 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Oct 18, 2009

bigkurz wrote:

It's an interesting thought. But Laz was going after the stone for world domination. Drake was chasing it purely out of curiosity (initially) and later to stop Lazorovich.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Drake is purely good. But he's much closer to Hero than he is neutral. And nowhere close to evil.

Chloe did bring it up, as him taking on "another bloody crusade" or that his heroics would get him killed or something to that effect. 

PSN ID: Asher13

Suit up!
Message 6 of 16 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Oct 18, 2009
Drake was the good guy though....if Lazarevich was left alone he would use his immortality to kill the jews or something like he said.
Persian
Message 7 of 16 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2545 posts

Oct 18, 2009

Lazarevic tortured people, shot Jeff in cold-blood even though he was completely defenseless, and was trying to take over the world. Drake went out of his way to not kill any museum guards*, he only killed bad guys, and he saved the world.

Yeah, I'd say there's a slight difference between the two.

*Don't mention the guard Drake pulled off the roof top. If you look down at the water, you will see the guard swimming, so he didn't die.

Message Edited by hao-chi on 10-17-2009 09:45 PM
Message 8 of 16 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2882 posts

Oct 18, 2009
Although not as bad, Drake did break into a museum and smashed their property which is a crime worse enough to get sent to prison.
My Plats:

ps3 platinum trophy uncharted drakes fortuneps3 platinum trophy little big planetps3 platinum trophy killzone 2ps3Uncharted 2 PlatModern Warfare 2 Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed 2Trine
Message 9 of 16 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Oct 18, 2009

Jeric_Ryan wrote:

Lazaravoich: Drake, I am your father.

LOL

LOL

Message 10 of 16 (27 Views)
0 Likes