Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9167 posts
 

Re: Dont get your hopes up for 1.07

Apr 10, 2010

 


Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

 


Eugenides wrote:

 


alphadogginny wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing half the board full of threads complaining about things, that ND now changed, prior to 1.04.


 

Yeeeah, no. That's the thing. There were very few complaints about the game beforehand. Even if some aspects might have been a tad unbalanced, retrospectively, they had been there since the beginning. We all accepted and enjoyed the game for what it was, and honed our skills accordingly.

 

 

The abrupt updates that went ahead and changed a ton of the game mechanics were completely unwanted, hence the outcry. I don't know if you saw the quotes from Naughty Dog, stating that they were going ahead and getting closer to what they had envisioned Multiplayer to be. It had nothing to do with what we wanted it to be.

 

Off the top of my head, and correct me if I'm wrong, I can only think of one point where they actually listened to the general consensus of the players, which was nerfing the grenades; something that was kind of a lingering debate since the beginning. This isn't including all their own post-1.04 blunders, like the hitbox damage and auto-shoulder switching.


 

 

There were people who complained even before 1.05. Alot of players wanted the weapon balancing to change in the first place. And ND did this experimental poll and weekend to see what you players want. They looked at the results and most people like the health/weapon change.

 

So they applied their taste of the changes along with the community's taste to release the changes. It's not only ND's thought of changing the MP's health, it's what players wanted too and you can't deny that!

 

The most players voted for "I love it", so having that said, players also wanted the change. Even if the second option was" I love it, but put it into it's own playlist", the first one got the highest votes So you have no right to complain now, it's too late.

 

I can agree with you guys about the glitches and spawns, but not on the weapon balancing. Every weapon rules now. And please don't say the FAL when you hear this, because I can play a whole match in any mode with dominating with the FAL, it's your problem guys if you can't aim with it.

 

Enough said. ND siad they won't bring 1.04 back, so you guys either have it the way it is or leave it, cuz complaining will not bring you any benifit.


 

 

Okay, there are a couple things you're not getting here. Obviously there were some complaints pre-1.05. As is the case in any game, ever, there are going to be people who don't like certain points. However, I said, "There were very few complaints" for a reason. As in, they were minimal. Because the game wasn't radically altered out of no where until later.

 

As for the poll/experimental weekend, you're joking, right? The experimental weekend was half health. No tweaks to the weapon damage. Just half health. There was a vote, and yeah, the majority of people wanted it to have its own playlist. Please tell me how Naughty Dog listened to those results, by changing the weapon damage/hitbox damage/auto-shoulder switching/whatever else in 1.05. I really think you need to get your facts straight.

 

As for the FAL, just, no. Has anyone, at any point, complained about aiming it? The problem lies entirely in the ROF. To be blunt, if you face off at equal distance with someone using the AK-47, you cannot win. How is that balanced to you? Sure, you may get a lucky kill with the FAL every now and then from across the map, but as a whole, it has been rendered completely useless. I don't care how much you claim you can "dominate" with it, I'd like to see you in a one-on-one match against a strict AK user. You won't win, I guarantee it.

 

We've already heard directly from Naughty Dog that 1.04 is dead and buried. But that in itself isn't going to prevent us from urging them to fix what used to be great. Who are you to tell us to stop posting our opinions?

Message 21 of 41 (145 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/04/2009
Offline
5921 posts
 

Re: Dont get your hopes up for 1.07

Apr 10, 2010

HI!

 

Message 22 of 41 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: Dont get your hopes up for 1.07

Apr 10, 2010

 


Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

 

There were people who complained even before 1.05. Alot of players wanted the weapon balancing to change in the first place. And ND did this experimental poll and weekend to see what you players want. They looked at the results and most people like the health/weapon change.

Shadow, you're my bro but I have to point out you're error(s) here.

The only complaints that were made before 1.04 were a few bad players here and there asking for higher damage because of one thing, and one thing only: they couldn't aim.

ND already stated that the poll results were not a deciding factor on 1.05's changes, they apparently had wanted to do this all along (although no one understands that idea's logic).

 

So they applied their taste of the changes along with the community's taste to release the changes. It's not only ND's thought of changing the MP's health, it's what players wanted too and you can't deny that!

The most players voted for "I love it", so having that said, players also wanted the change. Even if the second option was" I love it, but put it into it's own playlist", the first one got the highest votes So you have no right to complain now, it's too late.

Technically the lower health won, although in reality it's really the people who wanted in it's own playlist/hated it who had the most votes. Regardless, even the "winners" of the experimental weekend poll didn't get what they wanted; a health reduction only

So in actuality, everyone who voted in the poll got screwed with 1.05.

 

I can agree with you guys about the glitches and spawns, but not on the weapon balancing. Every weapon rules now. And please don't say the FAL when you hear this, because I can play a whole match in any mode with dominating with the FAL, it's your problem guys if you can't aim with it.

Shadow, no. Just no. 

The FAL is fundamentally inferior in every conceivable way to the rest of UC2's armory. Sure you can kill some bad players with it, but up against any other weapon 1v1 it fails miserably, even if you have excellent aim. It used to be a weapon that rewarded skill and aim, now it is unable to reward anything. It just blows.

 

Enough said. ND siad they won't bring 1.04 back, so you guys either have it the way it is or leave it, cuz complaining will not bring you any benifit.

No one realistically believed we'd get 1.04 as a whole back, but we want as many of it's features back into current UC2 as possible. We'll continue to make those requests as long as it's possible.


 

Anyway the point is, we got our hopes up that 1.06 would be our savior from 1.05 and we all know how that turned out. So we're going to remain skeptical until the details emerge and we actually get to test the "fixes" for ourselves.

Message 23 of 41 (145 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
144 posts
 

Re: Dont get your hopes up for 1.07

Apr 10, 2010

I don't care about 1.04.  I don't even care about grenades and the FAL anymore.

 

Just fix the spawns in 1.07 and I will be more than happy to eat up the DLC and get into this again.

Message 24 of 41 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/11/2009
Offline
360 posts
 

Re: Dont get your hopes up for 1.07

Apr 10, 2010

Uncharted 2 is my favorite game ever, I would love to play it competitively every week, but that will never happen since Naughty Dog makes things worse and worse for no reason. Maybe 1.07 will be better, but I doubt it. I'll try it out but I'll probably be too busy with the Halo beta than trying to get used to even more bad decisions by Naughty Dog for a dying multiplayer game

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Curtins4u
Message 25 of 41 (145 Views)
First Son
Registered: 03/20/2010
Offline
27 posts
 

Re: Dont get your hopes up for 1.07

Apr 10, 2010

I'm going to get Just Cause 2 in half an hour. Hopefully that will tide me over until Red Dead Redemption comes out. It's been real. Good luck with 1.07 guys. My fingers are crossed for you.  CYA!!!

Message 26 of 41 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/13/2010
Offline
180 posts
 

Re: Dont get your hopes up for 1.07

Apr 10, 2010

 


PermanentLevel1 wrote:

I'm going to get Just Cause 2 in half an hour. Hopefully that will tide me over until Red Dead Redemption comes out. It's been real. Good luck with 1.07 guys. My fingers are crossed for you.  CYA!!!


 

* sheds a tear *

 

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Desert_Rose_14
Message 27 of 41 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: Dont get your hopes up for 1.07

Apr 10, 2010

 


PermanentLevel1 wrote:

I'm going to get Just Cause 2 in half an hour. Hopefully that will tide me over until Red Dead Redemption comes out. It's been real. Good luck with 1.07 guys. My fingers are crossed for you.  CYA!!!


 

Oh my god RD: Redemption is going to be incredible. You should pick up Red Faction: Guerrilla, it's a fantastic TPS. Cheap too, MP is fun and balanced unlike some *cough* UC2 *cough*.

 

Message 28 of 41 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/02/2009
Offline
6586 posts
 

Re: Dont get your hopes up for 1.07

Apr 10, 2010
Redemption looks average to me. Pictures I've seen make graphics look ugly. Agree on the Red Faction comment, it is an awesome, yet underrated game.
Message 29 of 41 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: Dont get your hopes up for 1.07

Apr 10, 2010
Message 30 of 41 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes