Mar 31 2010
By: Twisted-Chi First Son 4 posts

Chapter 5

10 replies 151 views Edited Mar 31, 2010
Hey, sadly i can't play through chapter 5 of the game. When i climb up the stairs and went into the building nothing happens. The last door in the bulding has no texture and when i run through it drake falls to death. Chloe stands in fron of the building and does nothing. When i try to reload my savegame the game crashes (does nothing except the dagger is spinning) and i have to restart the whole chapter again. But when i reach the spot again (after i have to open the door for chloe) the same problem occures.
Message 1 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Chapter 5

Mar 31, 2010
deleting the game data did work fine. Thx!
Message 2 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Twisted-Chi wrote:
Hey, sadly i can't play through chapter 5 of the game. When i climb up the stairs and went into the building nothing happens. The last door in the bulding has no texture and when i run through it drake falls to death. Chloe stands in fron of the building and does nothing. When i try to reload my savegame the game crashes (does nothing except the dagger is spinning) and i have to restart the whole chapter again. But when i reach the spot again (after i have to open the door for chloe) the same problem occures.

A couple of things you can try:

1. Go to the Game Data Utility (NOT GAME SAVE DATA) and delete everything in there related to Uncharted 2. Put the game back in and let it reinstall the game and patches. This will not erase any of your save data.

2. If that doesn't work, try to use the chapter select to go back to the previous chapter and play to the point where you are now. It could be just the save file that is corrupted and this might solve that by creating a new file and/or overwriting the old one.

3. Try starting a new game from the menu, but still carry over your medals and such if you want. If it's your first playthrough, you might be better off just erasing the game save and starting from scratch, since you're not that far along - that would be the cleaner method.

I kind of hinted at it above, but if none of those work, try erasing all of your game data and your game save data and completely starting from scratch. Also, of course, check to make sure the disc is clean and scratch-free...

Message 3 of 11 (151 Views)
Fender Bender
3795 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Twisted-Chi wrote:

How about you give the guy Kudos then?  Some people are really ungrateful...

Message 4 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Eternal21 wrote:

Twisted-Chi wrote:

How about you give the guy Kudos then?  Some people are really ungrateful...

LOL - that thought did go through my head, but I don't really get too concerned about my Kudo count... thanks, though!

Message 5 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 31, 2010

has nothing to do with beeing ungrateful.. i didnt even know that im able to give kudos.. noob you see

so how do i give kudos.. not even able to see an option anywhere...

Message 6 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3795 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Twisted-Chi wrote:

has nothing to do with beeing ungrateful.. i didnt even know that im able to give kudos.. noob you see

so how do i give kudos.. not even able to see an option anywhere...

Click on the little star in the top right corner of the user's post.

Message 7 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 31, 2010

hmm tried several browsers. always says "you cant give kudos to this post"...

Message 8 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Mar 31, 2010
Thats wierd, try signing out then make sure you sign in then give kudos. PS I already gave him kudos.
MP006's stat card is unavailable because his stats are too good to be put on a normal stat card.
Message 9 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Mar 31, 2010

MP006 wrote:
Thats wierd, try signing out then make sure you sign in then give kudos. PS I already gave him kudos.

That's not going to work.  You may notice that his forum rank is "Newbie."  If I remember correctly, you have to reach the rank of "Junior" to give kudos.

To the OP, that means making about 20-30 more posts.  I got Junior rank around my 37th post.  Just don't spam the forums to get there, lol.

Message 10 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes