Sackboy
637 posts

Re: An outlook on this game after 1.05

Feb 25, 2010
sorry i had to respond to u but it is not that big of a change though.  You guys are acting like they have taken all the characters away, have set new rules eg moves to the game or something. Remember it is one less bullet, the auto aim over shoulder left hand side and thats it.  So when u say you have gotten use to the game play over 5 months there have been only 2 changes that have happened really.  If you cant deal with that then maybe yeah you guys should just play another game.  i did not like 1.05 when it came out either but you get used to it.  Adapt to change people. 
Message Edited by johns1000 on 02-25-2010 01:10 AM
Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 11 of 186 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Feb 25, 2010

johns1000 wrote:
sorry i had to respond to u but it is not that big of a change though.  You guys are acting like they have taken all the characters away, have set new rules eg moves to the game or something. Remember it is one less bullet, the auto aim over shoulder left hand side and thats it.  So when u say you have gotten use to the game play over 5 months there have been only 2 changes that have happened really.  If you cant deal with that then maybe yeah you guys should just play another game.  i did not like 1.05 when it came out either but you get used to it.  Adapt to change people. 
Message Edited by johns1000 on 02-25-2010 01:10 AM

Obviously you didnt read my original post with all my points. It was not a small change, it has changed the core gameplay and the overall tone of multiplayer. Its to easy, if i wanted to sit in a corner and corner shoot i could have like a 10.0 k/d. The game is simply not fun now. Adapting because i am bad after a change is one thing, but why would i want to "adapt" to a game that has become like ALL the other games i do not play because i do not like the gameplay. It needs changed, thats all there is to it. It was the only game that was different, now its not, thats it plain and simple

Message 12 of 186 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
637 posts

Feb 25, 2010
well i have been playing the game since it came out and i have not noticed people camping more or less.    I dont know where people have come up with that.  It is the same.  I still run and gun i still camp and i still do stupid stuff like jump onto a nade.  You guys have taken it overboard.  Sure i will agree with the shoulder aiming thing that is sometimes bad but also it sometimes works in your favour.   Thats the ONLY thing that i am not sure about.  The rest is fine.
Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 13 of 186 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Feb 25, 2010
the shoulder thing never works in my favor, because i manually used it when needed before, it only lets other people kill me. Also the gameplay has changed whether camping takes place more or it doesnt, because you cannot escape anything or out strafe or outshoot anyone, if someone sees you first your dead, not a game i want to play.
Message 14 of 186 (175 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
1669 posts

Feb 25, 2010

Any perception that we made any changes to cater to any audience or emulate any other game is DEAD WRONG.  When we started working on these changes it was because we alone felt the multiplayer game would be better served by it, through the collective discussion of our game designers and many other people in the studio. That's where we started before there was any experimental weekend, before there was any poll, before any of our community was aware of these potential adjustments.

There's plenty of things we can debate about regarding how you feel regarding the balance and damage adjustments, but to think we're doing this for any other reason than to make the game more fun/satisfying is wrong. Sorry.

Strike that one off your list.

Message 15 of 186 (175 Views)
First Son
31 posts

Feb 25, 2010
johns1000 Wernt you posting on here a while ago complaining about people using bad language racism etc on the game with there mics?? mate practice what you preach
Message 16 of 186 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Feb 25, 2010

Pdizzle_9 wrote:

But the thing is, what game is there to go to? NONE.

thats the 1 thing that annoys me more than anything, i simply have no other game to go to, but might pop on once in a while now untill a seperate playlist comes aboutnow but to pass the time

good post actully, kudos

RFoM Ranked Kills ~ 150,000
Uc2 Ranked Kills ~ 27,500
R2 Ranked Kills ~ 2,000
UT3 Ranked Kills ~ 1,600
BF 1943 Ranked Kills ~ 1,500
MW2 Ranked Kills ~ 1,200
CoD WaW Ranked Kills ~ 1,100
KZ2 Ranked Kills ~ 700
HAZE Ranked Kills ~ 200
CoD4 Ranked Kills ~ 15
Message 17 of 186 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Feb 25, 2010

arne wrote:

Any perception that we made any changes to cater to any audience or emulate any other game is DEAD WRONG.  When we started working on these changes it was because we alone felt the multiplayer game would be better served by it, through the collective discussion of our game designers and many other people in the studio. That's where we started before there was any experimental weekend, before there was any poll, before any of our community was aware of these potential adjustments.

There's plenty of things we can debate about regarding how you feel regarding the balance and damage adjustments, but to think we're doing this for any other reason than to make the game more fun/satisfying is wrong. Sorry.

I'm glad you wrote this, although I'd be surprised if most of these people compaining actually pay attention to it. They don't have enough perspective to believe that people actually have enough intelligence/creatitivity/independence to make a decision on their own....

Message 18 of 186 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Feb 25, 2010

Pdizzle_9 wrote:
the shoulder thing never works in my favor, because i manually used it when needed before, it only lets other people kill me. Also the gameplay has changed whether camping takes place more or it doesnt, because you cannot escape anything or out strafe or outshoot anyone, if someone sees you first your dead, not a game i want to play.

I'm sorry, but this is completely wrong. It's definitely harder to do now than it was, but I still do it from time to time and if anything I do it more than I used to, just because I'm playing more and getting better.

Message 19 of 186 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Feb 25, 2010

arne wrote:

Glad you cleared that up, it seems people here think ND did the update 1.05 just to piss people off. Clearly a game developer benefits from having a happy community both for reputation, future purchases, dlc, economy, bread and butter, some beers etc. I trust ND to listen to the community and I think they have a solution everybody would be happy with. And NO its not changing the game back to pre update 1.05, but rather tweaks on balancing. 

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - suar
Message 20 of 186 (175 Views)
0 Likes