Feb 25 2010
By: Pdizzle_9 Hekseville Citizen 297 posts

An outlook on this game after 1.05

185 replies 184 views Edited Feb 25, 2010

Ok, so I have sat here and sat here, I played heavy rain beat it, but now I have no online game to play. So I figured I would bring up some things.

People say oh if you can change with the patch then you have no skill..

Wrong, i hating this patch has nothing to do with how well most of us would or are doing at this game, hell its easier then ever, the skilled will only do even better. The changes only encourage a camper friendly game, something every other game out there currently does. 

Well the poll said..

I really don’t care what the poll said even tho ND did skew the results to make its change seem fitting. The fact of the matter is this game has been out for 5 or 6 months and has built a hardcore fallowing, to change it now is irresponsible.

Its only 1 bullet less damage..

The hit box basically being a just shoot in the persons area and you kill in the same time as someone homed in on your chest, along with the 1 less bullet makes for a faster kill/die game that has gotten away from its roots.

If you don’t like it then leave..

Well some of us have done that, some of us have continued through the increasingly stale gameplay. But the thing is, what game is there to go to? NONE. To put it simple, CoD has influenced many many games. Basically every shooter out there, much like Halo did when it was first released or GoldenEye back in the day. So with this HUGE influence CoD has on games coming out we have lost the arcade shooter. There simply aren’t any out at the moment, BUT, there was one, and that game was Uncharted 2 multiplayer. Now with the previously mentioned things the game has become a who ever sees who first gets the kill, which is basically like every other game out there. No longer are there the strafe battles that took place, no longer are there the I get shot in the back but I got to cover and got my senses back now its time to reengage. No longer is there the climbing up a wall and you start getting shot and your like climb hurry as you narrowly escape a death. Simple fact is, we stick around because we want something back that is unlike anything else out there. With this change it has stripped away a part of Uncharted multiplayer’s soul, its core game play.

Now here are a few reasons why the game does not work.

Weapon spawns

The game was built from the ground up to coincide with the weapon spawns previously on the map. Therefore the weapons were balanced out in such manner, as much as I hated the power weapons they were placed in the middle, but with the recent patch there is a fal every six inches, as there always has been, and it’s the strongest weapon by far now. Now you add that with the insanely fast killing pistol you start with and the game truly is unbalanced. The two strongest and most versatile weapons are at every spawn where everyone in the whole game has them. Whats the point in the Ak, M4, or hell even the shotgun and hammer at this point. The desert is a waste because the fal kills in two burst, so why have a 8 shot two kill when you have a long range behemoth with a scope that you can corner shoot with and has enough ammo to get 10+ kills with easily.

Boosters

Some of the boosters were almost pointless before but now everything in the first slot is completely useless. Why use down the irons when you can kill so quick and the hit box is so large that is doesn’t even matter where your bullets go, why use fleet foot when no strafing battles even happen now, what is the point in an extended clip when you can get 5+ kills in one clip with the fal, why use more ammo when you can wipe out a team 4 times before needing more ammo. Should I talk about the  badge of honors, half loaded is such a joke now, I can kill 2 to 3 people with half a clip with the fal, half a clip isn’t even a challenge whatsoever its like free money. Half health, might as well, if someone sees me first im dead regardless anyhow. Boosters are out the window.

Level Design

This game was designed beautifully, the verticality, climbing, pulling down, cover all of it was amazing. But hey lets throw that out the window. With the quicker deaths climbing a wall is suicide, cover is pointless unless your camping even then its pointless to all the people who have some skill. If im getting shot and im 6 inches from cover I will not make it there before dying. The game is simply designed to be an arcade shooter and taking that away is taking much much more away.

Originality

As I have said this game was once a real gym, a diamond in the grass, now it is just another blade in the grass so it can fit in. The people saying if you don’t like it move on are completely off basis as they should be the ones to move on, there are several games for them out there with the I see you your dead mentality. Also many of us are so upset because we grew to love Uncharted, we have put hundreds and hundreds of hours on this game and the toss that game away like its nothing is simply wrong. The changes implemented in 1.05 have turned the game into a cheap imitation.

As many have said its a simple fix, make the new damage system a seperate playlist, rather then FORCING it upon us and then everyone is happy. But to kick out all your hardcore fans like this is just insane. We should be the ones you try and satisfy first, afterall i have sold several copies of your games to friends as i am sure others have, I would be one of the people purchasing your DLC, but with this its like a kick to the face. 

I am sure I have forgot some stuff as this was off the top of my head and im sure I have mentioned a lot of what has already been said, especially in TripleWrecks thread, but this is what was on my mind and so I was hoping ND would read this and bring about what needs to happen ASAP. That is this game needs to be rolled back NOW. 

Message Edited by Pdizzle_9 on 02-25-2010 12:00 AM
Message 4 of 186 (184 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

Re: An outlook on this game after 1.05

Feb 25, 2010

I couldn't of said this better myself, kudos Pdizzle.

I'll definitely quote this when I post part 2 of my epic thread in the next couple days.

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 1 of 186 (184 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Feb 25, 2010
lol thanks, i am sure i will think of some more to add in, like i said this was just off the top of my head, I wanted to get it out there.
Message 2 of 186 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 25, 2010
totally agree with everything you said I just hope they do listen and change it back all they need to do is make 1.05 a separate playlist.
Message 3 of 186 (184 Views)
Survivor
2526 posts

Feb 25, 2010
These threads are worth it just to annoy people like Johns.
Message 5 of 186 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
637 posts

Feb 25, 2010
^^  Hey **bleep** head read my post properly before you reply.  I as well hate PARTS of it but i dont complain like you wingers. 
Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 6 of 186 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2526 posts

Feb 25, 2010

I don't want to derail a good thread, so I'll just say "LOL" and be done.

Kudos Pdizzle.

Message 7 of 186 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Feb 25, 2010
Be careful John, I am not one to go turning people in but, i have seen people get banned for less then what you are doing. Besides, i believe i made a part in my original post for people like you. Yah, i did. ok. = )
Message Edited by Pdizzle_9 on 02-25-2010 12:28 AM
Message 8 of 186 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
637 posts

Feb 25, 2010
^^ yeah ok sorry but u can understand how frustrating it can be to have the same topics day in day out.  Like i mentioned in my original post there are things i dont like in the new update too.  But just to have the same threads gets a bit boring.  Anyway i am outta your thread. ciao
Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 9 of 186 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Feb 25, 2010

johns1000 wrote:
^^ yeah ok sorry but u can understand how frustrating it can be to have the same topics day in day out.  Like i mentioned in my original post there are things i dont like in the new update too.  But just to have the same threads gets a bit boring.  Anyway i am outta your thread. ciao

Well you can understand then that we are FRUSTRATED BEYOND BELIEF over nd changing a game we have played for 5 months or more, and not just a small change and the fact that people like you come in here telling us to then leave when we stay because we loved the game the way it was. 

Message 10 of 186 (184 Views)
0 Likes