Apr 02 2010
By: TP3200 Lombax Warrior 238 posts

An April Fools attempt/Some 1.05-1.06 discussion

21 replies 284 views Edited Apr 2, 2010

1.04 really was terrible and unbalanced but 1.06 basically stopped me from selling the game and now I play it all the time. You know how you see people who liked 1.04 a lot but hate the new updates? Naturally, just as many UC2 players feel the opposite way, and did not buy the game until they heard about the awesome improvements in 1.05 and 1.06.

Actually pretty radical if lovely for overall outlook logical simulation. That sentence sums up my points perfectly and if that doesn't make sense please read it again.

EDIT: I forgot you could edit the title. Yes, this is a mostly failed April Fools attempt, as I explain in a later post in this thread. I apologize for the confusion and I gave my actual opinion of the updates:

"I kind of agree with the first post. The updates have made some improvements. I do like the grenades and you're right about shotgunning being less prominent, and I too got many more Tripleds in 1.04. However, I cannot argue with the case that they are more random and less balanced than 1.04 was. There are some good ideas in these updates, but there have been more bad ideas. If 1.04 were returned I may want a couple things carried over such as reduced grenades and maybe limited shotgun range, as well as the new sniper which is usually more fun than the old one. Everything else: The spawns, the low health that magnifies the effects of lag and Situational Awareness, the slow FAL, I think I can part with. And the shoulder switch and leg damage in 1.05 are probably still the worst ideas so far."

Message 22 of 22 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2004 posts

Re: If ND returns to 1.04 I will quit playing this game

Apr 1, 2010

As much as I dislike 1.04, I kinda want it back now because I want my overpowered shotguns and grenades back just to finally get that Rapid fire trophy

Tripled was so easy before because of just how unbalanced was.

Message 1 of 22 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
965 posts

Apr 1, 2010

must be an april fools joke

Message 2 of 22 (284 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2004 posts

Apr 1, 2010

Baxter2231 wrote:

this is either an april fools joke or just very sad

Oh dear, someone having a different opinion from me? THIS MUST BE TROLLING

Message 3 of 22 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Apr 1, 2010
The 3 million who brought the game seemed to love 1.04 or the 80'000 that were playing it. Minus grenades 1.04 really was fine. If for 1.07 spawns were fixed, AFK players had 3-4 minutes instead of 2, sniper got put back to one shot in the chest (though I don't mind too much on this) and grenades stay the same we'd have a near perfect game. And FAL was back to 3 bursts. And weapon damage was reversed. Hell get the game back to 1.04 already.

I struggle to see how you think the game was unbalanced. It was fine minus grenades as stated. Spawns needed a little fix as there were rare occurences in Fort and Lost City when I would spawn by an enemy or vice versa. If you're talking about power weapons then they were fine. You should have got it quicker than them and fought them off.

You don't give any evidence to why 1.06 is a better game so therefore I can't really understand what you're saying at this point. I don't think as many players feel the same way either. I think that given the choice the majority would go back to 1.04. However that's just a thought and I have no evidence to prove like you have none in saying it's a 50% split on liking the game or not.

And if this in an April Fools joke, it's crap.
Message 4 of 22 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
439 posts

Apr 1, 2010

TP3200 wrote:

1.04 really was terrible and unbalanced but 1.06 basically stopped me from selling the game and now I play it all the time. You know how you see people who liked 1.04 a lot but hate the new updates? Naturally, just as many UC2 players feel the opposite way, and did not buy the game until they heard about the awesome improvements in 1.05 and 1.06.

Actually pretty radical if lovely for overall outlook logical simulation. That sentence sums up my points perfectly and if that doesn't make sense please read it again.

Yeah, that makes sense considering the "daily players" are dropping.

Many of us have been playing the game since release and don't like the new changes.   I feel it's unfair that we've been playing and supporting this game for months and then it drastically changes.  And yes, I've adapted to the changes and still have fun, but not as much as I did in 1.04.

Message 5 of 22 (284 Views)
Survivor
2740 posts

Apr 1, 2010

1 - Don't worry, ND is not going back to 1.04.  They wouldn't have bothered with 1.05 and 1.06 if they wanted 1.04.

2 - Daily players are probably dropping because the game is a few months old already and they're playing other games.  That's life.

3 - v. 1.06 is what we have now. 1.07 is what we'll have next (assuming they're planning another update).  That's the game.  Whether you've played since last October or you just bought it yesterday, Uncharted 2 is Uncharted 2, and if you don't like it as it stands right now, you can either keep playing and wait for changes, stop playing and wait for changes, or stop playing entirely.  Those are the choices.  Pick one and get on with it already...

Message 6 of 22 (284 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Apr 1, 2010
Modern Warfare 2 hasn't lost too many players since it came out, numbers have always been high. You must include the patches in factors for people leaving.
Message 7 of 22 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Apr 1, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:
Modern Warfare 2 hasn't lost too many players since it came out, numbers have always been high. You must include the patches in factors for people leaving.

But because the numbers are high, you wouldn't notice people leaving as much... Plus, I think U2 caters to a different crowd for the most part, and brings in people who would not normally play online shooters (like me). Since they are, by definition, a little more casual about their gaming, they are more likely to put the game down for a while, either because they're playing something else or because they're just busy.

You can't argue at this point that the numbers have gone down for U2, but I'm with the crowd that thinks it's a natural part of the game's evolution rather than a reaction to this patch or any other. As long as I can still get a game when I want one, I dont' really care...

Message 8 of 22 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Apr 1, 2010

TP3200 wrote:

I can't even begin to describe all the things wrong with this post.
But just because I'm curious, what is it about 1.06 that you like so much better than 1.04 (or even 1.05)?

Message 9 of 22 (284 Views)
0 Likes