Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1274 posts

Re: ATTN NAUGHTY DOG: $50,000 Cap must Go!

Nov 5, 2009

VivaGardner wrote:
Yes, please remove the cap.  I've only hit it a few times but please remove!

At level 29?

You hit the cap already without any badges of honor/ deposit?

I beat demon's souls
Message 31 of 40 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5678 posts

Nov 5, 2009

lol there shoundt be any limit at all.......

it takes skills and dedication to earn alot of money.......

Message 32 of 40 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Nov 5, 2009
So is your only goal on multiplayer to level up????????? cause i'm kind of playing for my entertainment, not to "complete" it
"Life is like a vending machine, what you put into it will determine what you get out of it" -Jed Anderson

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - yourworldonfire
Message 33 of 40 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Nov 5, 2009

So you'd like Naughty Dog to raise the cap so you can be finished with the game faster and move on to other games.  I'm sure they'll get right on that.

Look, if Naughty Dog's intention was that 60 (and the skins you obtain) be reserved for a small group of people willing to put in the time, then this thread is pointless and all the cap complaints are equally so.  As it stands right now, getting to 60 would at least be an accomplishment, much more so than any of the tired roman numeral club threads, or marco polo threads, etc..

Also, Doughnut Drake and Skelzor will rarely be seen in-game for a very long time yet, which again gives weight to those skins and the achievement of earning them in the first place, unlike Marco Polo or Genghis Khan which are already fairly common.

Having said all that, if it wasn't Naughty Dog's goal to make 60 mean something, then the cap should be dropped or the requirement to get to 60 be lowered, since it's ridiculously high for any other reason.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 34 of 40 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3749 posts

Nov 5, 2009

GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS wrote:

Eternal21 wrote:
I've got to say, that even though $60,000,000 to reach level X sucks, it was a smart move on ND's part.  If it was only a lot of people would reach it within a few weeks if not less and that would be it.  No more incentive to play.  But the fact that it's such a large amount of money, means that the obsessive-compulsive players will continue to come back to the game, just to slowly reach it.  It may take me a year or so, but I will get there eventually.  At the same time, the very fact that Roman Numerals look so much different than lower ranks, is a reward in itself.  I'm still putting lots of time into U2, but will slow down once I reach 51 (currently 46).

If you're only level 46 right now, that means you have about...5 million or so. 

you're not even 1/10th of the way to level 60. That would be fine if there wasnt a cap of $50 000. But with such a small cap, itll take you a long time to level up even after you get the boosters that give you more money

Imagine how much logner itll take when you consider that your interest wanes away and you dont play as often. You spend all that time leveling up and all you get at 60 is Doughnut Drake. 

Like I said - it will take me about a year.  I did take me playing less into account, but it will be evened out by me getting better, and the extra boosters after level 51.

Message 35 of 40 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 5, 2009

i agree 50,00 must go

Message 36 of 40 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Nov 5, 2009

PsychoticTalent wrote:

GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS wrote:

Right now I'm Level 52. I dont know my exactly dollar amount, but it's less than $10million.

So even if I get $50,000 every match from now on, I'd have to play atleast 1000 more matches to get to lvl 60

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. Especially when you take into consideration that there really isnt much incentive to level up besides Doughnut Drake and Skelzor (nice, but not worth all the grinding it will take)

I'm not complaining about how much it takes to get to level 60. I'm complaining that my money is maxed out after about 10 minutes in a Plunder match and if my teams is winning, I have ZERO incentive to keep playing on. I'll usually end up hanging on an obscure ledge where no one can find me and will go online and check the internet until the match ends. 

Extend the cap to $100,000. Or atleast $75,000. This is ridiculous. I dont see any reason why the Co op cap is so much bigger than the competitive cap. I dont want to do a survival match as Ive had a few instances where Ive played for 25 minutes and then got disconnected because someone quit and I lost all my money. 

Fix this please. After playing so many hours of Uncharted 2 multiplayer to get to level 52, I dont think I have another 1000 matches left in me. Especially with all the other good games coming out in the near future. 

Sorry, but I have to completely disagree and this is why. If you and a friend create a private playlist consisting of "Chain reaction", all you and your friend would have to do is stand on points 1 and 2, recapturing them over and over 5 times until you hit the "Expansionist" medal, which rewards $1000, or $2000 if you have the "Deposit" perk added. If the cap was removed, or even raised, they can abuse this and obtain free money over and over without doing anything at all. They could literally leave there consoles on for days at a time accumilating money over and over throughout that time gaining limitless amounts of money and reaching the highest rank without lifting a finger nor doing anything.

If you're the type of player whom reaches $50,000 per game then that's awesome, keep it up. However it's not fair for anyone if this cap was lifted for the reasons I stated above. I think the cap will never be removed due to this reason and I think mostly everyone will agree, and it's here to stay.

Message Edited by PsychoticTalent on 11-04-2009 04:38 PM

1. even if you are able to do that, you earn $43,000 in 20 full minutes of play. You dont even reach the cap. Gold Rush is much much faster u get $40k every ten minutes.

2. you cant create a private room and earn money unless you are playing co op.

3. The cap is outrageous and NEEDS to be removed.

Message 37 of 40 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Nov 5, 2009
I think the penalty is fair but maybe.... They shouldn't have the penalty if you automatically get disconnected.
Message 38 of 40 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
585 posts

Nov 5, 2009

remove the cap

and actually make us want to get to 60

there is abolutely no reason to play this game with my friends unless we run into competitive groups every once in a while

I'm at 52 and getting very bored with what is left

same reason I left killzone

there was nothing left to do and the environments got old

uncharted is getting older faster and that is not good

we better see some decent maps here very soon at a decent price 

Message 39 of 40 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 5, 2009
while there at it please make the treuasure respawn somewhere elses again after it gets thrown off the cliff. its dumb when its all the way in the enemies base and u have to go all the way back to yours while they are spawning back in there base
Message 40 of 40 (24 Views)
0 Likes