Highlighted
Nov 04 2009
By: GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS Sackboy 510 posts

ATTN NAUGHTY DOG: $50,000 Cap must Go!

39 replies 14 views Edited Nov 4, 2009

Right now I'm Level 52. I dont know my exactly dollar amount, but it's less than $10million.

So even if I get $50,000 every match from now on, I'd have to play atleast 1000 more matches to get to lvl 60

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. Especially when you take into consideration that there really isnt much incentive to level up besides Doughnut Drake and Skelzor (nice, but not worth all the grinding it will take)

I'm not complaining about how much it takes to get to level 60. I'm complaining that my money is maxed out after about 10 minutes in a Plunder match and if my teams is winning, I have ZERO incentive to keep playing on. I'll usually end up hanging on an obscure ledge where no one can find me and will go online and check the internet until the match ends. 

Extend the cap to $100,000. Or atleast $75,000. This is ridiculous. I dont see any reason why the Co op cap is so much bigger than the competitive cap. I dont want to do a survival match as Ive had a few instances where Ive played for 25 minutes and then got disconnected because someone quit and I lost all my money. 

Fix this please. After playing so many hours of Uncharted 2 multiplayer to get to level 52, I dont think I have another 1000 matches left in me. Especially with all the other good games coming out in the near future. 

Message 1 of 40 (14 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Re: ATTN NAUGHTY DOG: $50,000 Cap must Go!

Nov 4, 2009
I'm just curious, at Level 52, how many matches have you played?
skyofdreams
Message 2 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
510 posts

Nov 4, 2009

skyofdreams wrote:
I'm just curious, at Level 52, how many matches have you played?

Not sure the exact number, but somewhere between 650 and 750

Message 3 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Nov 4, 2009
Man... at 133 matches played (just looked up my stats), I think it'll take forever to get to 60, lol. Assuming you get 50k per match it would take you 1200 matches at 50K a match to get to 60 million. So since not every match is 50k for everyone, yea, it's pretty ridiculous. But at the same time, I'm sure ND did that so that X rank is reserved for the people who have all the time in the world to spend in Uncharted 2 MP.
Message Edited by skyofdreams on 11-04-2009 01:34 PM
skyofdreams
Message 4 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1748 posts

Nov 4, 2009

GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS wrote:

Right now I'm Level 52. I dont know my exactly dollar amount, but it's less than $10million.

So even if I get $50,000 every match from now on, I'd have to play atleast 1000 more matches to get to lvl 60

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. Especially when you take into consideration that there really isnt much incentive to level up besides Doughnut Drake and Skelzor (nice, but not worth all the grinding it will take)

I'm not complaining about how much it takes to get to level 60. I'm complaining that my money is maxed out after about 10 minutes in a Plunder match and if my teams is winning, I have ZERO incentive to keep playing on. I'll usually end up hanging on an obscure ledge where no one can find me and will go online and check the internet until the match ends. 

Extend the cap to $100,000. Or atleast $75,000. This is ridiculous. I dont see any reason why the Co op cap is so much bigger than the competitive cap. I dont want to do a survival match as Ive had a few instances where Ive played for 25 minutes and then got disconnected because someone quit and I lost all my money. 

Fix this please. After playing so many hours of Uncharted 2 multiplayer to get to level 52, I dont think I have another 1000 matches left in me. Especially with all the other good games coming out in the near future. 

Sorry, but I have to completely disagree and this is why. If you and a friend create a private playlist consisting of "Chain reaction", all you and your friend would have to do is stand on points 1 and 2, recapturing them over and over 5 times until you hit the "Expansionist" medal, which rewards $1000, or $2000 if you have the "Deposit" perk added. If the cap was removed, or even raised, they can abuse this and obtain free money over and over without doing anything at all. They could literally leave there consoles on for days at a time accumilating money over and over throughout that time gaining limitless amounts of money and reaching the highest rank without lifting a finger nor doing anything.

If you're the type of player whom reaches $50,000 per game then that's awesome, keep it up. However it's not fair for anyone if this cap was lifted for the reasons I stated above. I think the cap will never be removed due to this reason and I think mostly everyone will agree, and it's here to stay.

Message Edited by PsychoticTalent on 11-04-2009 04:38 PM
Message 5 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
510 posts

Nov 4, 2009

PsychoticTalent wrote:

GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS wrote:

Sorry, but I have to completely disagree and this is why. If you and a friend create a private playlist consisting of "Chain reaction",

Custom matches don't give any money! Thanks for the useless reply. 

Message 6 of 40 (14 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1410 posts

Nov 4, 2009

I'm LvL 50 and have been playing since day one and the most I've ever gotten in a match was $45k.  How are you earning $50k in 10 minutes of Plunder?  Or are you just exaggerating?  Either way, how do you know the cap is $50k?  Not being rude, just asking a tip.

- Arcadian_Rebel

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/arcadias1595
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/arcadias1695
Message 7 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
510 posts

Nov 4, 2009

skyofdreams wrote:
Man... at 133 matches played (just looked up my stats), I think it'll take forever to get to 60, lol. Assuming you get 50k per match it would take you 1200 matches at 50K a match to get to 60 million. So since not every match is 50k for everyone, yea, it's pretty ridiculous. But at the same time, I'm sure ND did that so that X rank is reserved for the people who have all the time in the world to spend in Uncharted 2 MP.

Trust me bro, I fully embrace a tough challenge. The thing is, it's NOT a challenge... It's just mathematically impossible to reach that level unless I play another 1000+ matches 

and at the end of the day.... all I would get is Doughnut Drake and Skelzor? Ugh. And Skelzor is kind of tainted since he was given for free to everyone on halloween. 

Look I know it's too late to make these changes in Uncharted 2, but just a suggestion for Uncharted 3.... Give us reason to keep playing and ranking up. I got to level 46 in 2 weeks and that was the last time I got a useful booster (even that one was somewhat of a let down). 

Take some tips from MW2 with all their custom loadouts and customizable weapons. MAKE IT WORTH MY TIME TO RANK UP.

Once you get to level 60 you unlock a booster that allows you to order an airstrike or tank attack once per match. Give me an option to spawn with a silencer on my handgun. Just SOMETHING man, give us SOME incentive for ranking up.

Think about it... 1000+ more matches. Each match takes between 8-20 minutes long. That's an insane amount of time to get to level 60 unless you play Survival mode. 

Message Edited by GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS on 11-04-2009 01:46 PM
Message 8 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
510 posts

Nov 4, 2009

Arcadian_Rebel wrote:

I'm LvL 50 and have been playing since day one and the most I've ever gotten in a match was $45k.  How are you earning $50k in 10 minutes of Plunder?  Or are you just exaggerating?  Either way, how do you know the cap is $50k?  Not being rude, just asking a tip.

- Arcadian_Rebel

When you hit level 51, you will unlock a nice little booster that can give you $20,000-30,000 every plunder match since its easy to get blindfire kills in plunder (camp behind the idol). Then with Deposit as your 2nd booster slot, and the regular afterlife, and double down, and gunslinger money, etc... Its an easy $50 000 every time 

Message 9 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Nov 4, 2009

GUNSOFDAPATRIOTS wrote:

I agree, I think once you reach level 50 the cap should increase to 100k. There litterally is no incentive to reach 60 aside from the skins and its pretty ridiculous that you need to put so much time into it for just that small prize.

My NEW MW2 mini movie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBpI8FKCEaA
Message 10 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes