Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 25, 2010

Vanthem wrote:

elsencillo wrote:

AwesomeGuy wrote:
This is the first time I've heard a fuss over weapons actually killing people. Many of you are complaining that guns should take more shots to kill a person? How does that make any sense. It is a gun, seriously? I'm reading all of these rants and it seems like some players are mad that they are actually dying now? You are mad that you cannot run a way from a gun fight and survive. You are mad that you are no longer invincibly because you learned how to master the previous version of the game's exploits. As i'm typing this, i'm actually in a game. I quit playing this when COD came out because some weapons just weren't balanced. I started playing again mainly because of all the complaints I see here, and you know what? The update isn't even as absurd as you all make it out to be. If anything, i'll be playing this game more often now and free it up from all the dust.
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS
IT'S A FREAKING VIDEO GAME, NOT REAL LIFE.. THE GAME IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE REALISTIC IN THE FIRST PLACE.. YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVEN'T PLAYED A WHOLE LOT SINCE YOU ARE ONLY A LEVEL 20... GO BACK TO PLAYING MW2 BECAUSE THAT'S THE GAME THAT FITS YOU... 

It even goes beyond games not being realistic by nature,  Uncharted 2 is supposed to be an over-the-top action adventure game.  If you start saying, "Well in real life," you've already invalidated your own comment.  I don't understand how people can keep trying to bring realism into a discussion involving a game that, by design, goes for action movie gameplay.

There's a difference between Naughty Dog striving for realism in character movement or visuals as opposed to going for complete realism in all aspects, including gameplay.  Uncharted 2 is not realistic, it never has been and it never should be.

^ This, this, thisss.

I think the "it's more realistic" pro-1.05 arguments are perhaps the most annoying of them all. I cannot believe the amount of people attempting to rebuff valid, coherent reasons as to why the weapon/hitbox damage is ridiculous now, with that logic.

Message 131 of 132 (134 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 25, 2010
Whoops, double post.
Message Edited by Eugenides on 02-25-2010 11:42 AM
Message 132 of 132 (134 Views)
0 Likes