Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9167 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

MarvelAlex wrote:

Yeah, I'm not playing but when I do I will be playing co-op. I think the majority would be playing Competitive (sorry, I am Anti 1.05 but I think that's true) but a lot will still play co-op, don't forget. 

 

And about higher ranked people going for the power weapons, there's a negative booster (you'll get them in time) which gives you Half-Health so they need a power weapon to survive. If you don't want them to have it, throw a grenade as they come close or get it before they do.  


Half-Health doesn't force anyone to go for the power weapons. I've seen plenty of skilled players do without.

Message 81 of 132 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/13/2007
Offline
387 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

sjw9001 wrote:

Natester wrote:

sjw9001 wrote:

colbent wrote:

sjw9001 wrote:

That is the #1 complaint for sure, behind all the bickering and fuss that is the underlying reason. Pre-1.05 was a complete noob game, seriously. Everyone had Juggernaut health, it gave time for people, when being shot point blank to either roll and live or more frustrating, to throw a grenade at the shooter getting a cheap kill.


The only significant change has been the leg hitboxes which were made equal to the chest. If you couldn't kill people before, but you can now, it's because you couldn't and probably still can't aim. Why do you think Naughty Dog made the leg hitboxes take more bullets than the chest to begin with? To reward people who could actually aim at a precise target, rather than letting people get kills for just aiming in the general direction of somebody. Now anyone who can hold R1 and L1 at the same time can kill people without having to do much else, like aiming for example.


I never get my kills by shooting people in the legs, I always aim and hit them in the upper body. It's safe to say that most of the kills people get in this game are upper body kills, it's the biggest target and most accessible, not the legs. If someone wants to aim at my legs and kill me, then more power to them.

 

Before 1.05, it took too many shots in the upper body to kill someone, now that's not the case. How many times have I shot a player in the chest only for them to run right through the bullets and get a one shot kill with a pistole or shotgun. It happened too often and ND finally fixed it.

 

 


I fail to believe you never shot in the legs when you are complaining that it took to many shoots to the upper body before when in fact it was only 1 more bullet with the AK47 but the legs took allot more, which is where all that it took many bullets, half clip, full clip nonsense is coming from because those people are the noobs who have terrible aim.

 

So what do you think is giving all the weapons their more powerful appearance? Its not the fact that it takes a few less bullets to the body and head (the FAL has always been 2 bursts to the body and head). Its the fact that it takes significantly less bullets to the legs than before. So the argument of no one aims for the legs it just flat out stupid.

 

I have shot at the legs many times not all the time but sometimes if my aim is a little off. The fact is that EVERYONE has shot the legs or just completely missed because if no one did then no one would have complained about it taking a half clip or full clip to kill someone. When I shot in the legs or totally missed someone (which everyone does) I would say something like "crap my aim was a little off" not complain about how it took a full clip or half clip to kill him when in reality you were not ever shooting him at all or you were shooting in the legs. Now for me that kind of stuff would happen here or there because my aim is usually very precise but when that kind of thing does happen I admit it not come complain and make idiotic arguments that lots of you try to make to compensate for your lack of skill.  


The legs are part of the body too, if you spray someone with gun fire, say 4 shots in the back and 3 in the leg, they're gonna die or at least fall down, not stop, drop and roll away to safety.

 

That said, my ability to get kills has not changed at all, and I'm actually dying less than pre-1.05. If people are finding that they are dying more, they should start to revaluate their style of play and reflect on what they are doing wrong.

 

Dwelling on hit damage to the legs is a strawman argument. My aim has always been good, but the balancing on the weapons and damage has always been pretty bad, until 1.05.


Legs are limbs not part of the mid section or torso. The only reason the arms are the same as the body is bcause when someone is turned in a different direction when shooting at the body you have a good chance of shooting the arms as well. But that does not go for the legs now does it? And am I reading this right? You said "die or at least fall down". Are you really comparing a game to what would happen when getting shot in real life?

 

Since when did I say people dwell on shooting the legs? I said everyone has shot the legs. People with good aim do it significanly less then a person with bad aim. Why don't you read what I am saying before replying I never brought up your ability to get kills. But then again maybe the reason you are getting more kills now is because the leg and body hitboxes are the same.

 

And like I said before why did people complain about how it takes a full clip or half clip do get kills? There is only 2 possible reasons. They either shot the enemies in the legs a significant amount of times, or they just missed the target completely. And since you said it took "many bullets" to kill someone which one were you? Because if you are getting alot more kills now than before if seems to me that you did shoot at the legs sometimes. And are you refering to me when you say "dying allot more"? LOL!!!! My kill death has been and will continue to increase because of this update because like I said before (again) The game NOW takes no skill, aim or good tactics just pick up a FAL and camp and get an easy win.

 

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Natester
Message 82 of 132 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/31/2009
Offline
353 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

sjw9001 wrote:

Legs are part of the body regardless, if you get shot in the legs, you should'nt be able to laugh it off and run away, or camp around the corner until the player follows you and then blast them with a pistole.

 

And in MW2, it takes one shot, it won't kill them right away, but they'll be on the ground and die seconds later. They won't run off laughing like in UC2 pre-1.05.


 

......wow. Just wow.

 

Nobody said that you should be able to take infinite hits to the legs, we just all agree (even many pro-1.05 people) that legs should not have equal values as chest/head.

 

And I'm sorry, if you think that all good players only used power weapons you obviously didn't play any good players, or 1.04 for very long. Oh wait, YOU DIDN'T.

 

 

 

 

You've played a grand total of 246 games, you're ranked 32, not even $1mil earned, and have a 0.98 K/D.

And best of all? Pistole is one of your most used weapons. Wait, weren't you just crying about the pistole?

 


sjw9001 wrote:

...you should'nt be able to laugh it off and run away, or camp around the corner until the player follows you and then blast them with a pistole.



 

Looks like you just told us what your strategy was LOL. You're a massive hypcrite who's actually part of the "problem" you've been describing.

 

 

You obviously did not play enough 1.04 to be able to speak about 1.04 vs. 1.05 from an experienced standpoint. Stop your flaming and spamming sjw.

    

 

BTW: in MW2 it takes 1 hit to the head, 1 hit to the chest for most snipers, and MUTIPLE HITS TO THE LEGS/ARMS. Would you like me to post up the damage chart since you are clearly out of touch with reality?


 


sjw9001 wrote:

The legs are part of the body too, if
you spray someone with gun fire, say 4 shots in the back and 3 in the
leg, they're gonna die or at least fall down, not stop, drop and roll
away to safety.

 

Dwelling
on hit damage to the legs is a strawman argument. My aim has always
been good, but the balancing on the weapons and damage has always been
pretty bad, until 1.05.



 

THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE. Uncharted 2 was NEVER meant to be a realistic game in the slightest. Making real life comparisons to UC2 is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

 

Balancing was bad before 1.05? So you're ok with the FAL, Sniper, and pistol now? They are way more unbalanced than the grenade launcher, shotgun, pistole, and RPG ever were.

 

Strawman arguement? Indeed.


 


I've played under 13 hours online and have a K/D ratio of 1.23 according to the in game leaderboard stats. And I can't remember the last time I used the pistole, ND obviously doesn't update stats very often. Not to mention I'm ranked 36 now and have earned well over 1,000,000 in cash.

 

As for the strategy of camping with the pistole or any other power weapon, I've learned that the hard way and always from players level 50-60, basically those that play the game all day everyday and know how to exploit the game and it's many pre 1.05 flaws. They always camp with power weapons, it's how they manage to win.

 

 

As for MW2, I use sniper all the time and if I shoot someone in the leg, they're going down always, and will die shortly after, they don't keep on running. In UC2, when you get shot in the legs, you should go down too, it's an integral part of the body that allows movement.

 

 

Overall, it's amazing that the higher the rank, the more complaining we here about the new update. It's just goes to prove that they're getting killed more and don't like that. Making daily threads about the hit box on the legs is a completely nooby argument, it's pure stawman.

Message 83 of 132 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/13/2007
Offline
387 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010
Whats the point of replying to these noobs anymore triple? They all have the same arguments over and over basically. And sometimes someone comes along with some unique even more ignorant argument. And then just when you think you couldn't get any worse, yup you guessed it an even more ignorant argument comes along. And then after making good valid points to them and try to get them to understand instead of saying "your right" or oh "good point" they bring up something totally different that has nothing to do with what you are talking about because they know you were right. Its kind of funny in a way.
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Natester
Message 84 of 132 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9167 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

sjw9001 wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

sjw9001 wrote:

Legs are part of the body regardless, if you get shot in the legs, you should'nt be able to laugh it off and run away, or camp around the corner until the player follows you and then blast them with a pistole.

 

And in MW2, it takes one shot, it won't kill them right away, but they'll be on the ground and die seconds later. They won't run off laughing like in UC2 pre-1.05.


 

......wow. Just wow.

 

Nobody said that you should be able to take infinite hits to the legs, we just all agree (even many pro-1.05 people) that legs should not have equal values as chest/head.

 

And I'm sorry, if you think that all good players only used power weapons you obviously didn't play any good players, or 1.04 for very long. Oh wait, YOU DIDN'T.

 

 

 

 

You've played a grand total of 246 games, you're ranked 32, not even $1mil earned, and have a 0.98 K/D.

And best of all? Pistole is one of your most used weapons. Wait, weren't you just crying about the pistole?

 


sjw9001 wrote:

...you should'nt be able to laugh it off and run away, or camp around the corner until the player follows you and then blast them with a pistole.



 

Looks like you just told us what your strategy was LOL. You're a massive hypcrite who's actually part of the "problem" you've been describing.

 

 

You obviously did not play enough 1.04 to be able to speak about 1.04 vs. 1.05 from an experienced standpoint. Stop your flaming and spamming sjw.

    

 

BTW: in MW2 it takes 1 hit to the head, 1 hit to the chest for most snipers, and MUTIPLE HITS TO THE LEGS/ARMS. Would you like me to post up the damage chart since you are clearly out of touch with reality?


 


sjw9001 wrote:

The legs are part of the body too, if
you spray someone with gun fire, say 4 shots in the back and 3 in the
leg, they're gonna die or at least fall down, not stop, drop and roll
away to safety.

 

Dwelling
on hit damage to the legs is a strawman argument. My aim has always
been good, but the balancing on the weapons and damage has always been
pretty bad, until 1.05.



 

THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE. Uncharted 2 was NEVER meant to be a realistic game in the slightest. Making real life comparisons to UC2 is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

 

Balancing was bad before 1.05? So you're ok with the FAL, Sniper, and pistol now? They are way more unbalanced than the grenade launcher, shotgun, pistole, and RPG ever were.

 

Strawman arguement? Indeed.


 


I've played under 13 hours online and have a K/D ratio of 1.23 according to the in game leaderboard stats. And I can't remember the last time I used the pistole, ND obviously doesn't update stats very often. Not to mention I'm ranked 36 now and have earned well over 1,000,000 in cash.

 

As for the strategy of camping with the pistole or any other power weapon, I've learned that the hard way and always from players level 50-60, basically those that play the game all day everyday and know how to exploit the game and it's many pre 1.05 flaws. They always camp with power weapons, it's how they manage to win.

 

 

As for MW2, I use sniper all the time and if I shoot someone in the leg, they're going down always, and will die shortly after, they don't keep on running. In UC2, when you get shot in the legs, you should go down too, it's an integral part of the body that allows movement.

 

 

Overall, it's amazing that the higher the rank, the more complaining we here about the new update. It's just goes to prove that they're getting killed more and don't like that. Making daily threads about the hit box on the legs is a completely nooby argument, it's pure stawman.


Dunno if you got the memo, but Uncharted 2 isn't MW2. And most of us would prefer it stay that way

 

And yeah, the higher ranks are complaining, because they've played longer/have invested more time than the lower ranks. They honed their strategies to pre-1.05, so it only makes sense that they'll be the most indignant.

Message 85 of 132 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/20/2010
Offline
51 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

 

THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE. Uncharted 2 was NEVER meant to be a realistic game in the slightest. Making real life comparisons to UC2 is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

 

Balancing was bad before 1.05? So you're ok with the FAL, Sniper, and pistol now? They are way more unbalanced than the grenade launcher, shotgun, pistole, and RPG ever were.

 

Strawman argument? Indeed.


 


^agree.
 
One would have to be a real idiot to try and compare UC2 to real life.   Lets face it I don't know many people who can go around jumping from 2nd, 3rd, 4rth, 5th stories of a building and not get hurt at all.  Also in real life it usually does not take more then 1 bullet form any gun to the head, or the heart.  As for getting hit in the leg well you wouldn't be walking for a little while. 
UC2 is a arcade style 3rd person shooter. It's supposed to be fun not realistic.  You jump from high building that in real life would at least break a person leg(s).  You climb building, cliffs, an may things at and incredible speed.  You hang of of cliffs and ledges without getting tired.  Not to mention weapons magically appear in the same location as before.   For someone to try and compare UC2 to real life just shows how stupid the person is.   There is no point in trying to talk some common sense to these type of people as education already failed them horribly. 

 

Message 86 of 132 (100 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 01/17/2010
Offline
63 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

Natester wrote:
Whats the point of replying to these noobs anymore triple? They all have the same arguments over and over basically. And sometimes someone comes along with some unique even more ignorant argument. And then just when you think you couldn't get any worse, yup you guessed it an even more ignorant argument comes along. And then after making good valid points to them and try to get them to understand instead of saying "your right" or oh "good point" they bring up something totally different that has nothing to do with what you are talking about because they know you were right. Its kind of funny in a way.

next up, people complaining about realism and wanting Fall damage.

 

 

 i shall play the waiting game >:]

------------------------------------------------------
"there can only be one, kthxbai *kiskis*"
Message 87 of 132 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/13/2007
Offline
387 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

sjw9001 wrote:
I've played under 13 hours online and have a K/D ratio of 1.23 according to the in game leaderboard stats. And I can't remember the last time I used the pistole, ND obviously doesn't update stats very often. Not to mention I'm ranked 36 now and have earned well over 1,000,000 in cash.

 

As for the strategy of camping with the pistole or any other power weapon, I've learned that the hard way and always from players level 50-60, basically those that play the game all day everyday and know how to exploit the game and it's many pre 1.05 flaws. They always camp with power weapons, it's how they manage to win.

 

 

As for MW2, I use sniper all the time and if I shoot someone in the leg, they're going down always, and will die shortly after, they don't keep on running. In UC2, when you get shot in the legs, you should go down too, it's an integral part of the body that allows movement.

 

 

Overall, it's amazing that the higher the rank, the more complaining we here about the new update. It's just goes to prove that they're getting killed more and don't like that. Making daily threads about the hit box on the legs is a completely nooby argument, it's pure stawman.


-13 hours is not long at all. Hell I know lots of people (including me) who have done close to 13 hours in one day before the full game actually came out in the demo.

 

- 1 million is not much just wait till you get into the high 50s. Just to give you an example going from level 58-59 takes over 10 million to rank up.

 

-According to the main site you have a 0.98 KDR. Lie much?  In game leaderboard came in the beginning of December. Which means it has tracked your stats since then. The main site is since you have started playing.

 

-According to the main site the pistole is your most used secondary. And I use the main site everyday and it updates very quickly and often.

 

- It does not matter how much you have gone up in rank since 1.05. They are talking about how much did you know about the game before 1.05. And based on your arguments. Not very much. And thats not even mentioning the fact that you have barely played this game at all pre 1.05 or not.

 

And if you don't belive what I'm saying about your stats on the main site. Just go check

 

 http://www.naughtydog.com/stats/index/sjw9001

Message Edited by Natester on 02-24-2010 09:17 AM
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Natester
Message 88 of 132 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/31/2009
Offline
353 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

If UC2 is not meant to be realistic, then there should be no difference in hit damage for different parts of the body. There should be no "chest should be X amount of hits and the legs X (more) amount of hits.

 

It should be shoot the person, whether in the chest of legs, and they die. If you see someone first and you fire and hit first, then that's yourkill. There shouldn't be a delay in you dying just so you can scurry off and hide with a power weapon.

Message Edited by sjw9001 on 02-24-2010 09:21 AM
Message 89 of 132 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9167 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

sjw9001 wrote:

If UC2 is not meant to be realistic, then there should be no difference in hit damage for different parts of the body. There should be no "chest should be X amount of hits and the legs X (more) amount of hits.

 

It should be shoot the person, whether in the chest of legs, and they die. If you see someone first and you fire and hit first, then that's yourkill. There shouldn't be a delay in you you dying just so you can scurry off and hide with a power weapon.


I don't think you're realizing how contradictory what you're saying is. Saying if it's NOT meant to be realistic, that there shouldn't be a difference in hit damage? I think we all agree that getting shot anywhere, in real life, is pretty much going to incapacitate you.

 

And yeah, definitely. Shoot them wherever, and they die. Heck, don't even aim directly at them; maybe you'll catch them with a random bullet. Sounds great. Who needs strategy, anyway?

Message 90 of 132 (100 Views)