Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

Iamthehighlander wrote:

Cloudburst-- wrote:

64,600 of the daily online players enjoy the new patch.


how can anyone compete with that logic?


Because everyone who's still playing the game obviously LOVES THE PATCH. /facepalm

 

sjw9001 wrote:

colbent wrote:

sjw9001 wrote:

That is the #1 complaint for sure, behind all the bickering and fuss that is the underlying reason. Pre-1.05 was a complete noob game, seriously. Everyone had Juggernaut health, it gave time for people, when being shot point blank to either roll and live or more frustrating, to throw a grenade at the shooter getting a cheap kill.


The only significant change has been the leg hitboxes which were made equal to the chest. If you couldn't kill people before, but you can now, it's because you couldn't and probably still can't aim. Why do you think Naughty Dog made the leg hitboxes take more bullets than the chest to begin with? To reward people who could actually aim at a precise target, rather than letting people get kills for just aiming in the general direction of somebody. Now anyone who can hold R1 and L1 at the same time can kill people without having to do much else, like aiming for example.


I never get my kills by shooting people in the legs, I always aim and hit them in the upper body. It's safe to say that most of the kills people get in this game are upper body kills, it's the biggest target and most accessible, not the legs. If someone wants to aim at my legs and kill me, then more power to them.

 

Before 1.05, it took too many shots in the upper body to kill someone, now that's not the case. How many times have I shot a player in the chest only for them to run right through the bullets and get a one shot kill with a pistole or shotgun. It happened too often and ND finally fixed it.

 


 

You know that overall weapon damage has only been changed by -1 right? You should hardly be noticing a difference if you only shoot enemies in the chest.

 

But guess what, when you roll or jump the hitbox for your legs is the biggest target. Thus, people will hit your legs even though they're not specifically aiming for them. 

 

 

 


sjw9001 wrote:

Killer_Mushroom wrote:

NasmanX wrote:
hey guys think about it Most games sniper =1 shot kill  Most games shotgun= 1 shot kill close range, so this game is going on the right track.

i been through this with somebody else, name me 2 games apart from uncharted that is a 1 hit kill anywhere on the body to kill with the sniper, go on, i'm gonna guess your gonna say, real life like the other idiot did then say calm down it's a GAME ¬_¬


2 games in which one sniper shot anywhere on the body gets a kill: Killzone 2 and MW2


 

Wrong. MW2 is one hit to the chest and head, not to the limbs.

 

Message Edited by tripleWRECK on 02-24-2010 10:56 AM
Message 71 of 132 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/31/2009
Offline
353 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

Natester wrote:

sjw9001 wrote:

That is the #1 complaint for sure, behind all the bickering and fuss that is the underlying reason. Pre-1.05 was a complete noob game, seriously. Everyone had Juggernaut health, it gave time for people, when being shot point blank to either roll and live or more frustrating, to throw a grenade at the shooter getting a cheap kill.

 

ND knows what they're doing, I hope they don't reward the cheap noobs and change the health or rebalancing of the weapons.


Really? Noob game? Thats funny because before you actually had to have skill, aim, and have good tactics. Now all you have to do is camp with the FAL and you have an easy win. 

 

 Really COD4 reference again? I will use the AK as an example again to teach another ignorant noob. It used to be 7 shots to the body and now its 6. It used to be 6 shots to the head and now its 5. Not much difference right? Definitely not "Juggernaut" before the update but you see heres the thing. Before it took 15 bullets to the legs and NOW it takes 6, the same as the body so now the legs does NOT have its own hitbox like it did before. Which means it rewards the people who have terrible aim. Because to what you refer to as a "noob game" and "juggernaut health" is the game that actually took skill and you actually had to have good aim because what the mutiplayer is NOW is a noob game that takes no skill whatsoever. 


 

No, you didn't need to have skill, all you had to have was a power weapon. Every time I played against high ranking players they would rush for the power weapons and just run around the map getting easy kills, because they knew full well how effective it was in raking up kills and how ineffective all the other weapons where at stopping them.

 

 

Message 72 of 132 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/31/2009
Offline
353 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

Iamthehighlander wrote:

Cloudburst-- wrote:

64,600 of the daily online players enjoy the new patch.


how can anyone compete with that logic?


Because everyone who's still playing the game obviously LOVES THE PATCH. /facepalm

 

sjw9001 wrote:

colbent wrote:

sjw9001 wrote:

That is the #1 complaint for sure, behind all the bickering and fuss that is the underlying reason. Pre-1.05 was a complete noob game, seriously. Everyone had Juggernaut health, it gave time for people, when being shot point blank to either roll and live or more frustrating, to throw a grenade at the shooter getting a cheap kill.


The only significant change has been the leg hitboxes which were made equal to the chest. If you couldn't kill people before, but you can now, it's because you couldn't and probably still can't aim. Why do you think Naughty Dog made the leg hitboxes take more bullets than the chest to begin with? To reward people who could actually aim at a precise target, rather than letting people get kills for just aiming in the general direction of somebody. Now anyone who can hold R1 and L1 at the same time can kill people without having to do much else, like aiming for example.


I never get my kills by shooting people in the legs, I always aim and hit them in the upper body. It's safe to say that most of the kills people get in this game are upper body kills, it's the biggest target and most accessible, not the legs. If someone wants to aim at my legs and kill me, then more power to them.

 

Before 1.05, it took too many shots in the upper body to kill someone, now that's not the case. How many times have I shot a player in the chest only for them to run right through the bullets and get a one shot kill with a pistole or shotgun. It happened too often and ND finally fixed it.

 


 

You know that overall weapon damage has only been changed by -1 right? You should hardly be noticing a difference if you only shoot enemies in the chest.

 

But guess what, when you roll or jump the hitbox for your legs is the biggest target. Thus, people will hit your legs even though they're not specifically aiming for them. 

 

 

 


sjw9001 wrote:

Killer_Mushroom wrote:

NasmanX wrote:
hey guys think about it Most games sniper =1 shot kill  Most games shotgun= 1 shot kill close range, so this game is going on the right track.

i been through this with somebody else, name me 2 games apart from uncharted that is a 1 hit kill anywhere on the body to kill with the sniper, go on, i'm gonna guess your gonna say, real life like the other idiot did then say calm down it's a GAME ¬_¬


2 games in which one sniper shot anywhere on the body gets a kill: Killzone 2 and MW2


 

Wrong. MW2 is one hit to the chest and head, not to the limbs.

 

Message Edited by tripleWRECK on 02-24-2010 10:56 AM

Legs are part of the body regardless, if you get shot in the legs, you should'nt be able to laugh it off and run away, or camp around the corner until the player follows you and then blast them with a pistole.

 

And in MW2, it takes one shot, it won't kill them right away, but they'll be on the ground and die seconds later. They won't run off laughing like in UC2 pre-1.05.

Message 73 of 132 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/13/2007
Offline
387 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

sjw9001 wrote:

colbent wrote:

sjw9001 wrote:

That is the #1 complaint for sure, behind all the bickering and fuss that is the underlying reason. Pre-1.05 was a complete noob game, seriously. Everyone had Juggernaut health, it gave time for people, when being shot point blank to either roll and live or more frustrating, to throw a grenade at the shooter getting a cheap kill.


The only significant change has been the leg hitboxes which were made equal to the chest. If you couldn't kill people before, but you can now, it's because you couldn't and probably still can't aim. Why do you think Naughty Dog made the leg hitboxes take more bullets than the chest to begin with? To reward people who could actually aim at a precise target, rather than letting people get kills for just aiming in the general direction of somebody. Now anyone who can hold R1 and L1 at the same time can kill people without having to do much else, like aiming for example.


I never get my kills by shooting people in the legs, I always aim and hit them in the upper body. It's safe to say that most of the kills people get in this game are upper body kills, it's the biggest target and most accessible, not the legs. If someone wants to aim at my legs and kill me, then more power to them.

 

Before 1.05, it took too many shots in the upper body to kill someone, now that's not the case. How many times have I shot a player in the chest only for them to run right through the bullets and get a one shot kill with a pistole or shotgun. It happened too often and ND finally fixed it.

 

 


I fail to believe you never shot in the legs when you are complaining that it took to many shoots to the upper body before when in fact it was only 1 more bullet with the AK47 but the legs took allot more, which is where all that it took many bullets, half clip, full clip nonsense is coming from because those people are the noobs who have terrible aim.

 

So what do you think is giving all the weapons their more powerful appearance? Its not the fact that it takes a few less bullets to the body and head (the FAL has always been 2 bursts to the body and head). Its the fact that it takes significantly less bullets to the legs than before. So the argument of no one aims for the legs it just flat out stupid.

 

I have shot at the legs many times not all the time but sometimes if my aim is a little off. The fact is that EVERYONE has shot the legs or just completely missed because if no one did then no one would have complained about it taking a half clip or full clip to kill someone. When I shot in the legs or totally missed someone (which everyone does) I would say something like "crap my aim was a little off" not complain about how it took a full clip or half clip to kill him when in reality you were not ever shooting him at all or you were shooting in the legs. Now for me that kind of stuff would happen here or there because my aim is usually very precise but when that kind of thing does happen I admit it not come complain and make idiotic arguments that lots of you try to make to compensate for your lack of skill.  

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Natester
Message 74 of 132 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/31/2009
Offline
353 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

Natester wrote:

sjw9001 wrote:

colbent wrote:

sjw9001 wrote:

That is the #1 complaint for sure, behind all the bickering and fuss that is the underlying reason. Pre-1.05 was a complete noob game, seriously. Everyone had Juggernaut health, it gave time for people, when being shot point blank to either roll and live or more frustrating, to throw a grenade at the shooter getting a cheap kill.


The only significant change has been the leg hitboxes which were made equal to the chest. If you couldn't kill people before, but you can now, it's because you couldn't and probably still can't aim. Why do you think Naughty Dog made the leg hitboxes take more bullets than the chest to begin with? To reward people who could actually aim at a precise target, rather than letting people get kills for just aiming in the general direction of somebody. Now anyone who can hold R1 and L1 at the same time can kill people without having to do much else, like aiming for example.


I never get my kills by shooting people in the legs, I always aim and hit them in the upper body. It's safe to say that most of the kills people get in this game are upper body kills, it's the biggest target and most accessible, not the legs. If someone wants to aim at my legs and kill me, then more power to them.

 

Before 1.05, it took too many shots in the upper body to kill someone, now that's not the case. How many times have I shot a player in the chest only for them to run right through the bullets and get a one shot kill with a pistole or shotgun. It happened too often and ND finally fixed it.

 

 


I fail to believe you never shot in the legs when you are complaining that it took to many shoots to the upper body before when in fact it was only 1 more bullet with the AK47 but the legs took allot more, which is where all that it took many bullets, half clip, full clip nonsense is coming from because those people are the noobs who have terrible aim.

 

So what do you think is giving all the weapons their more powerful appearance? Its not the fact that it takes a few less bullets to the body and head (the FAL has always been 2 bursts to the body and head). Its the fact that it takes significantly less bullets to the legs than before. So the argument of no one aims for the legs it just flat out stupid.

 

I have shot at the legs many times not all the time but sometimes if my aim is a little off. The fact is that EVERYONE has shot the legs or just completely missed because if no one did then no one would have complained about it taking a half clip or full clip to kill someone. When I shot in the legs or totally missed someone (which everyone does) I would say something like "crap my aim was a little off" not complain about how it took a full clip or half clip to kill him when in reality you were not ever shooting him at all or you were shooting in the legs. Now for me that kind of stuff would happen here or there because my aim is usually very precise but when that kind of thing does happen I admit it not come complain and make idiotic arguments that lots of you try to make to compensate for your lack of skill.  


The legs are part of the body too, if you spray someone with gun fire, say 4 shots in the back and 3 in the leg, they're gonna die or at least fall down, not stop, drop and roll away to safety.

 

That said, my ability to get kills has not changed at all, and I'm actually dying less than pre-1.05. If people are finding that they are dying more, they should start to revaluate their style of play and reflect on what they are doing wrong.

 

Dwelling on hit damage to the legs is a strawman argument. My aim has always been good, but the balancing on the weapons and damage has always been pretty bad, until 1.05.

Message 75 of 132 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/13/2007
Offline
387 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

sjw9001 wrote:

Natester wrote:

sjw9001 wrote:

That is the #1 complaint for sure, behind all the bickering and fuss that is the underlying reason. Pre-1.05 was a complete noob game, seriously. Everyone had Juggernaut health, it gave time for people, when being shot point blank to either roll and live or more frustrating, to throw a grenade at the shooter getting a cheap kill.

 

ND knows what they're doing, I hope they don't reward the cheap noobs and change the health or rebalancing of the weapons.


Really? Noob game? Thats funny because before you actually had to have skill, aim, and have good tactics. Now all you have to do is camp with the FAL and you have an easy win. 

 

 Really COD4 reference again? I will use the AK as an example again to teach another ignorant noob. It used to be 7 shots to the body and now its 6. It used to be 6 shots to the head and now its 5. Not much difference right? Definitely not "Juggernaut" before the update but you see heres the thing. Before it took 15 bullets to the legs and NOW it takes 6, the same as the body so now the legs does NOT have its own hitbox like it did before. Which means it rewards the people who have terrible aim. Because to what you refer to as a "noob game" and "juggernaut health" is the game that actually took skill and you actually had to have good aim because what the mutiplayer is NOW is a noob game that takes no skill whatsoever. 


 

No, you didn't need to have skill, all you had to have was a power weapon. Every time I played against high ranking players they would rush for the power weapons and just run around the map getting easy kills, because they knew full well how effective it was in raking up kills and how ineffective all the other weapons where at stopping them.

 

 


Power weapons should ALWAYS have an advantage. Thats why they have a long respawn time and have very few rounds. And if you can't get their before the enemies do well thats too bad. Thats why I went after them before so the enemies don't get them. And even if they did get them I would use my SKILL to maneuver around and get him to waste the ammo or throw a grenade and if im in the right spot even just shoot him down with any weapon and other times I would get killed by them. I would not however come and complain how the POWER weapons have an advantage when they ALWAYS should and to say otherwise is just ridiculous. But to have every other weapon on the same level as the power weapons is just stupid. So to say that the game has no skill before just because power weapons had an advantage (which they should) is just plain idiotic.

 

And bringing up power weapons is funny because you were replying to a post that had nothing to do with power weapons. Which is indeed funny because after you (and everyone else that tries argue why 1.05 is better) post these obviously ignorant messages once you get to a point were you can NOT come up with something to say you just bring up another ridiculous argument that makes no sense at all and has nothing to do with what was actually being said. 

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Natester
Message 76 of 132 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

sjw9001 wrote:

Legs are part of the body regardless, if you get shot in the legs, you should'nt be able to laugh it off and run away, or camp around the corner until the player follows you and then blast them with a pistole.

 

And in MW2, it takes one shot, it won't kill them right away, but they'll be on the ground and die seconds later. They won't run off laughing like in UC2 pre-1.05.


 

......wow. Just wow.

 

Nobody said that you should be able to take infinite hits to the legs, we just all agree (even many pro-1.05 people) that legs should not have equal values as chest/head.

 

And I'm sorry, if you think that all good players only used power weapons you obviously didn't play any good players, or 1.04 for very long. Oh wait, YOU DIDN'T.

 

 

 

 

You've played a grand total of 246 games, you're ranked 32, not even $1mil earned, and have a 0.98 K/D.

And best of all? Pistole is one of your most used weapons. Wait, weren't you just crying about the pistole?

 


sjw9001 wrote:

...you should'nt be able to laugh it off and run away, or camp around the corner until the player follows you and then blast them with a pistole.



 

Looks like you just told us what your strategy was LOL. You're a massive hypcrite who's actually part of the "problem" you've been describing.

 

 

You obviously did not play enough 1.04 to be able to speak about 1.04 vs. 1.05 from an experienced standpoint. Stop your flaming and spamming sjw.

    

 

BTW: in MW2 it takes 1 hit to the head, 1 hit to the chest for most snipers, and MUTIPLE HITS TO THE LEGS/ARMS. Would you like me to post up the damage chart since you are clearly out of touch with reality?


 


sjw9001 wrote:

The legs are part of the body too, if
you spray someone with gun fire, say 4 shots in the back and 3 in the
leg, they're gonna die or at least fall down, not stop, drop and roll
away to safety.

 

Dwelling
on hit damage to the legs is a strawman argument. My aim has always
been good, but the balancing on the weapons and damage has always been
pretty bad, until 1.05.



 

THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE. Uncharted 2 was NEVER meant to be a realistic game in the slightest. Making real life comparisons to UC2 is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

 

Balancing was bad before 1.05? So you're ok with the FAL, Sniper, and pistol now? They are way more unbalanced than the grenade launcher, shotgun, pistole, and RPG ever were.

 

Strawman arguement? Indeed.


 

Message 77 of 132 (97 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/09/2007
Offline
4319 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

Iamthehighlander wrote:

Cloudburst-- wrote:

64,600 of the daily online players enjoy the new patch.


how can anyone compete with that logic?


 

A shred of common sense is a good start. 

 

Cloudburst: I was one of the 64k daily players, does that automatically mean I enjoyed the patch?  No. When I got the patch I played 5 rounds or so.  First two rounds were relatively fun, the last several I hated (lag was a large part of that though).  I haven't played since.

 

Just because people are trying it out doesn't mean they like it.  Some are trying to adjust to the patch, hoping they'll like it.  Some are only just now getting around to testing it out at all.  Some are Uncharted 2 junkies and play regardless, even if they don't like it.  Some are playing for stats and continuing to do so.  By the way, a very large portion of those numbers are playing CO-OP.

 

Your comment doesn't hold water, man.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 78 of 132 (97 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

Vanthem wrote:

Iamthehighlander wrote:

Cloudburst-- wrote:

64,600 of the daily online players enjoy the new patch.


how can anyone compete with that logic?


 

A shred of common sense is a good start. 

 

Cloudburst: I was one of the 64k daily players, does that automatically mean I enjoyed the patch?  No. When I got the patch I played 5 rounds or so.  First two rounds were relatively fun, the last several I hated (lag was a large part of that though).  I haven't played since.

 

Just because people are trying it out doesn't mean they like it.  Some are trying to adjust to the patch, hoping they'll like it.  Some are only just now getting around to testing it out at all.  Some are Uncharted 2 junkies and play regardless, even if they don't like it.  Some are playing for stats and continuing to do so.  By the way, a very large portion of those numbers are playing CO-OP.

 

Your comment doesn't hold water, man.


 

OWNED.

 

Kudos Vanthem.

Message 79 of 132 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/02/2009
Offline
6584 posts
 

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 24, 2010

Yeah, I'm not playing but when I do I will be playing co-op. I think the majority would be playing Competitive (sorry, I am Anti 1.05 but I think that's true) but a lot will still play co-op, don't forget. 

 

And about higher ranked people going for the power weapons, there's a negative booster (you'll get them in time) which gives you Half-Health so they need a power weapon to survive. If you don't want them to have it, throw a grenade as they come close or get it before they do.  

Message 80 of 132 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes