Feb 23 2010
By: AwesomeGuy Fender Bender 3113 posts

#1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

131 replies 172 views Edited Feb 23, 2010
This is the first time I've heard a fuss over weapons actually killing people. Many of you are complaining that guns should take more shots to kill a person? How does that make any sense. It is a gun, seriously? I'm reading all of these rants and it seems like some players are mad that they are actually dying now? You are mad that you cannot run a way from a gun fight and survive. You are mad that you are no longer invincibly because you learned how to master the previous version of the game's exploits. As i'm typing this, i'm actually in a game. I quit playing this when COD came out because some weapons just weren't balanced. I started playing again mainly because of all the complaints I see here, and you know what? The update isn't even as absurd as you all make it out to be. If anything, i'll be playing this game more often now and free it up from all the dust.
Message 1 of 132 (172 Views)
Fender Bender
4266 posts

Re: #1 complaint here: people are mad that they aren't invincible

Feb 23, 2010
I would drop MW2 immediately again if it only took shorter to find a match.
Message 2 of 132 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
422 posts

Feb 23, 2010

AwesomeGuy wrote:
This is the first time I've heard a fuss over weapons actually killing people. Many of you are complaining that guns should take more shots to kill a person? How does that make any sense. It is a gun, seriously? I'm reading all of these rants and it seems like some players are mad that they are actually dying now? You are mad that you cannot run a way from a gun fight and survive. You are mad that you are no longer invincibly because you learned how to master the previous version of the game's exploits. As i'm typing this, i'm actually in a game. I quit playing this when COD came out because some weapons just weren't balanced. I started playing again mainly because of all the complaints I see here, and you know what? The update isn't even as absurd as you all make it out to be. If anything, i'll be playing this game more often now and free it up from all the dust.
Some people are desperate and can't help themselves when an opportunity arises for them to cry for attention.  I agree with your post 100%.  d00d shouldn't be standing after 10 shots from an AK.   

bruddahmanmatt Trophy Card
Message 3 of 132 (172 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Feb 23, 2010
Even though I liked the UC2 MP when it came out, the entire clip-pumping thing reminded me of another famous game series on another console I will not name.  1.05 eliminates that.  My favorite part of the update is that the Hammer is more balanced now.
Message 4 of 132 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 23, 2010
In case you havent realized uncharted 2 was not made to be a realistic shooter it did require skill but now its who sees who first if I wanted mw2 I would have bought it and anybody that likes this update sucked at the pre 1.05
Message 5 of 132 (172 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Feb 23, 2010

Darth_Hadus wrote:
Even though I liked the UC2 MP when it came out, the entire clip-pumping thing reminded me of another famous game series on another console I will not name.  1.05 eliminates that.  My favorite part of the update is that the Hammer is more balanced now.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH 
IT TOOK 8 BULLETS! 8! 8! 8! 8! NOT 30, NOT 1, NOT 100! 8! 

Message 6 of 132 (172 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 23, 2010

After reading you post I just thought of a couple of new booster that Naughty Dog can add to the game.

Level IX ---- Booster Slot 1 Invisibility 

Level  X ---- Booster Slot 2 Invincibility

These Boosters would really liven up the game and make it more realistic..... 

Message Edited by jwsplayer on 02-23-2010 11:12 AM
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - jwsplayer
Message 7 of 132 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2740 posts

Feb 23, 2010

AwesomeGuy wrote:

I hope I'm never on your team.

As for the number of shots, that's not what people are complaining about (mostly).  It's that they changed the target areas to require not only fewer bullets but less accuracy.  You used to be able to duke it out for a minute with the guns, and the better shot would win.  Now you don't get that luxury because even a poorly placed shot can kill someone.  I should not be able to kill someone with the sniper rifle by aiming in their general direction without the scope turned on...

Message 8 of 132 (172 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Feb 23, 2010
Lol nubs,  Hey, you're getting kills. CONGRATZ *round of applause* You wasted your time with this post.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 9 of 132 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Feb 23, 2010

CaptainGillette wrote:

AwesomeGuy wrote:

I hope I'm never on your team.

As for the number of shots, that's not what people are complaining about (mostly).  It's that they changed the target areas to require not only fewer bullets but less accuracy.  You used to be able to duke it out for a minute with the guns, and the better shot would win.  Now you don't get that luxury because even a poorly placed shot can kill someone.  I should not be able to kill someone with the sniper rifle by aiming in their general direction without the scope turned on...

What does that even mean, "poorly placed shot can kill someone"? If a bullet hits a target, it hits a target, end of story. 

Eternal Lord sig
Message 10 of 132 (172 Views)