Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Re: 1.06 grenades equals firecrackers

Mar 11, 2010

Agreed, grenades have to be basically put in the person's lap for it to have any affect. Even when i do sometimes, the most it does it pull off a knockdown. I don't even bother to pick up grenades when i see them anymore

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 51 of 58 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Mar 11, 2010

As much as I hated grenades before I wish they were back the way they were. Now it feels like its pointless to throw a grenade when you have to throw it right at someones feet to get a kill. And not to mention the fact that it was kind of a counter to power weapons where if you saw someone pick up the hammer or rpg you could throw one towards them and it kind of balenced it out.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Natester
Message 52 of 58 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Mar 11, 2010
i believe its balance now, unlike before, no matter how your reaction time is you never get away from a grenade. this is how it should be, i think the game is fixed and there is absolutely nothing to whine about. it takes time to adjust...so give it another try?
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - emoplayer33
Message 53 of 58 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Mar 11, 2010

drewwk wrote:

you have no clue if it was modeled after the M67 or not.

I don't understand how you can make a statement like that without doing a Google search, it's really not that hard to do a search.

According to this the Mk-NDI appear to be based on the M67 Grenade.....

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - jwsplayer
Message 54 of 58 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
411 posts

Mar 11, 2010

jwsplayer wrote:

drewwk wrote:

you have no clue if it was modeled after the M67 or not.

I don't understand how you can make a statement like that without doing a Google search, it's really not that hard to do a search.

According to this the Mk-NDI appear to be based on the M67 Grenade.....

Key word APPEARS meaning it is just a guess and not a fact.  I did do a search did you know that grenades were form in the shape of pomegranates and the French word for pomegranate is grenade.  It is a game and not meant to be realistic if you are looking for a more realistic game then you are playing the wrong one....

My Montages: I II III IV

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - drewwk
Message 55 of 58 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Way ahead of you.....

Message 56 of 58 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Listen I have been very kind and have listened to your remarks without making any comments until now.

drewwk wrote:

Stop relying on nades for kills and use guns.... problem solved.  I think the problem is too many of you relied on the nades to get easy kills which took no skill what so ever to use pre 1.06 and now take a little bit of skill to use.  Practice that nade toss and everything will be fine.

I find it extremely difficult to listen to someone who has $7,582,700 telling me to practice that nade toss and everything will be fine.

When I have more than 8 times the amount of money and experience, surely by now I know how to place a grenade.

Like I said, and I will say again, that the grenades are way underpowered in respect to the M67 that the Mk-NDI are taken from.

Message 57 of 58 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Lethal_TOY wrote:

I can't believe some people actually want the grenades to be more powerful.In other words,they'll rather have an imbalanced multiplayer than aim their guns and start shooting.Grenades are NEVER meant to be as effective and frequently used as guns,so you should really start working on ur aim instead of spamming grenades at your enemies.It was ND's lack of experience in MP that the grenades became such a big emphasis in multiplayer in the first place.If you think the grenades were fine,you have no idea of what a balanced multiplayer should be like.

Never meant to be effective as a gun... good grief! They should be just as effective. A grenade will kill an enemy with a nice placed throw and still can. I don't want grenades to be overpowered to a massive extent but just half the distance between 1.05 and 1.06. I know what an unbalanced multiplayer is, Uncharted 2 was not unbalanced before 1.05. It was fine. I don't really have any more comments but I strong disagree with you. 

Message 58 of 58 (212 Views)