Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Re: 1.06 grenades equals firecrackers

Mar 9, 2010

Baxter2231 wrote:

they changed the nades because they felt it was too powerful, which it was. But they took the wrong approach. First they should have made it where u can't throw a nade below 50% hp to stop the bs kills where u killing someone and they throw a nade and it blows up in .1 seconds. Then after seeing how that work then make the timer longer. The radius was fine IF they increased the timer to give u a chance. They took the wrong approach.

Hmm 50% may seem a little too high since when i find myself in sticky situations i usually throw a grenade at the attacker to throw them off or even hopefully kill them. Increasing the time would seem dumb for it would only give the person longer time to roll away. Personally i see grenades were perfect before. If someone dropped a grenade when they died and you were killed, then its your fault for staying that getting that close to them.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 21 of 58 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
534 posts

Mar 9, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

Suar wrote:

I was a grenade **bleep** know I'm not even a 2 dollar **bleep**.  1. Grenades: 9.562 kills, 2.  Ak-47: 7.357. Grenades was my favorite weapon, i loved how people flied threw the air after a good hit. I felt naked without my beloved grenades, know grenades aren't more than stun grenades. Pisses me off. BRING BACK MY FAVORITE WEAPON. I don't give a **bleep** about weapon balance, "know you need skill to kill with grenade" bs, I liked them cause they were FUN and getting triple or more kills felt GOOOOOOOD.

Grenades are not WEAPONS. They are TOOLS. The AK47 is a WEAPON. Know the difference.

1.06 nades require precise aim and skill, they are still effective if you're good. Luckily, noobs can't rely on them for half their kills. Overall, I feel 1.06 are fairly balanced.

Win

Message 22 of 58 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Mar 9, 2010

CondorMcG wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

Suar wrote:

I was a grenade **bleep** know I'm not even a 2 dollar **bleep**.  1. Grenades: 9.562 kills, 2.  Ak-47: 7.357. Grenades was my favorite weapon, i loved how people flied threw the air after a good hit. I felt naked without my beloved grenades, know grenades aren't more than stun grenades. Pisses me off. BRING BACK MY FAVORITE WEAPON. I don't give a **bleep** about weapon balance, "know you need skill to kill with grenade" bs, I liked them cause they were FUN and getting triple or more kills felt GOOOOOOOD.

Grenades are not WEAPONS. They are TOOLS. The AK47 is a WEAPON. Know the difference.

1.06 nades require precise aim and skill, they are still effective if you're good. Luckily, noobs can't rely on them for half their kills. Overall, I feel 1.06 are fairly balanced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenade

"A hand grenade is an anti-personnel weapon that explodes a short time after release."

You cant inform the ignorant  

its between thinking grenades arnt weapons, and no one assigns 20 page papers in college to be my quote of the week 

PS3(w00tabulous)- U2, PJM, PJS
360 (Soulgrinder609)- L4D2, Serious Sam HD, Borderlands.
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - w00tabulous
Message 23 of 58 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
540 posts

Mar 9, 2010

tripleWRECK wrote:

Suar wrote:

Grenades are Weapons.  A weapon is a tootl.  The AK47 is a type of gun.  A gun and grenade are different types of weapons.

I agree totally with this, no longer am i getting killed by retarded grenades, but i do hate the spawns, which make up for the retarded grenade kills.

Photobucket
Message 24 of 58 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Mar 9, 2010

Agreed, i was just about to make a post on this. Out of everything, grenades are the biggest joke in 1.06 now. And for anyone who thinks I'm crying, check out my game history, I just came back to Uncharted after a month off and dominated. I'm not crying because I got owned by grenades, I'm upset at how awful they are now. My teammates and I would literally run full speed at enemies with no fear at all of grenades, watch them exploded a foot away from us with half health and laugh about how we should be dead. Grenades are a joke, change them back asap Naughty Dog, along with the retarded new spawning system.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Curtins4u
Message 25 of 58 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1560 posts

Mar 9, 2010

haha firecrackers...

Message 26 of 58 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Mar 9, 2010

jwsplayer wrote:

When players were complaining that it took too many bullets in v1.04 to kill someone and they wanted it more realistic, Naughty Dog created v1.05. Now with v1.06 the hit boxes were changed, slower rate of fire (FAL and Sniper Rifle) reduction in DTI , changed radius damage on grenades.

Just sit back and think about this for a minute, for those who want the game to be more realistic they should remember that The Mk-NDI grenade used in the Uncharted series appear to be based on the M67 grenade.

While the M67 Range is dependent on the thrower the lethal damage radius is reported to be approximately 16.4 feet,inflicting potential damage out to about 50 feetwhile its fragments can be found up to 750 feet away from the center of the blast zone. Such is the value of these little hand-held and thrown battlefield implements.

I still think v1.06 grenades are way underpowered.

The only ones who wanted the damage down were those who couldn't aim and kill. Damage was fine. ND stuck with it for 9 months! That's including BETA'S. 

Message 27 of 58 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Mar 9, 2010

When players were complaining that it took too many bullets in v1.04 to kill someone and they wanted it more realistic, Naughty Dog created v1.05. Now with v1.06 the hit boxes were changed, slower rate of fire (FAL and Sniper Rifle) reduction in DTI , changed radius damage on grenades.

Just sit back and think about this for a minute, for those who want the game to be more realistic they should remember that The Mk-NDI grenade used in the Uncharted series appear to be based on the M67 grenade.

While the M67 Range is dependent on the thrower the lethal damage radius is reported to be approximately 16.4 feet,inflicting potential damage out to about 50 feetwhile its fragments can be found up to 750 feet away from the center of the blast zone. Such is the value of these little hand-held and thrown battlefield implements.

I still think v1.06 grenades are way underpowered.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - jwsplayer
Message 28 of 58 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
823 posts

Mar 9, 2010

I didn't have a problem with the way grenades were before, and I don't have a problem with them now. Before 1.05, grenades were one of the most commonly used weapons. Pinpoint accuracy and near-instant detonation made dropping a grenade on your opponent one of the easiest ways to kill them. It was only possible to avoid grenades if you anticipated them or moved while they were being thrown. Once they had hit the ground within two or so feet of you, they were impossible to dodge. The only thing I might of disliked about it was that Uncharted seemed to be as much of a grenade-throwing game as a shooting game.

After 1.06, grenades seem a little less used. I can't casually lob them and get an effortless kill like I used to, but it's still not difficult to aim and blow up an unsuspecting opponent with them. They've maintained their function and use but have decreased efficiency. There seem to be more firefights and opportunities to strategize and less grenade tossing. And I like the game a little better that way. I'm not demanding that anything be changed back.

Photobucket
Message 29 of 58 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Mar 9, 2010

A grenade bounced off my chest when I wasn't looking and I was still able to roll away from it and not even get hurt that much.

Grenades are underpowered.

They're absolutely useless at medium/long range (even if you land a grenade directly on your opponent, if they're good that is), and are only useful for punishing people stuck in stuff like melee animations, or if you predict them coming around a corner.

I rarely die from grenades now, and I think most of the people saying it's still possible to use them effectively are just killing a bunch of scrubs with grenades.

I don't really understand what was wrong with them before.  It was all from people whining who didn't know how to avoid them.  "Waaaah! I tried to double melee and he ran and threw a grenade before I got a second melee off!"  Garbage like that.  If you didn't want to get killed by them, all you had to do was play right.  Get the drop on your opponent, lay into them from a distance, stealth kill, or throw a grenade.  Blindfire + melee only if you have to, and make sure you make it quick.

Although, they were absolutely fine in 1.05.  Since opponents now die faster, "cheap" grenade kills happened far less often, because your opponent wouldn't even have time to throw a grenade before they died.

Now, you can still get "cheap" grenade kills by dropping grenades at the feet of the same people who can't kill you the right way (just a little less often if your aim sucks), only now you can't use them in more legitimate matters, like killing people hiding behind cover for extended periods of time.  You can sweep them out from their cover with a well-placed grenade, and that's usually it.  It's easy for anyone to escape a grenade that lands by them when under cover, and it used to be far more difficult (like, you had to actually see the grenade coming...).

I'd really be happy if they went back to how they were before, although I'll also be fine if they nerfed range by half a meter.

Message 30 of 58 (214 Views)