Mar 04 2010
By: Curtins4u Hekseville Citizen 360 posts

1.06 - Reduce accuracy and rate of fire in order to make up for lower health?

16 replies 77 views Edited Mar 4, 2010

Just wondering if this seems ass backwards to anybody else... I'm glad Naughty Dog is always trying to perfect the game and constantly making changes, but lowered health, lowered rate of fire and lowered accuracy? As a player that has used the Down the Irons booster since beta and owned with it and hated the lowered health, you can see where I'm coming from.

The health has been greatly reduced and the solution is to make guns fire slower and less accurate? Nerd rage anybody? Why not just keep the health normal and keep the guns accuracy on point? Guess we'll have to wait and see tomorrow when 1.06 comes out if ND has made things somehow even worse or slightly better...

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Curtins4u
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Re: 1.06 - Reduce accuracy and rate of fire in order to make up for lower health

Mar 4, 2010

THEY HAVE NEVER CHANGED HEALTH; ONLY MADE FAL; HANDGUN; AK47 TAKE LESS BULLETS TO KILL

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - suar
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (77 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

Re: 1.06 - Reduce accuracy and rate of fire in order to make up for lower health

Mar 4, 2010

Its rubish. Its turning into Socom all over again.......Update after update after update unitl the people who have no skill have a chance...........

photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (77 Views)
Sackboy
607 posts

Mar 4, 2010

At least wait until the update comes out so you can test it before deciding if it's good or bad.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Mar 4, 2010

Suar wrote:

THEY HAVE NEVER CHANGED HEALTH; ONLY MADE FAL; HANDGUN; AK47 TAKE LESS BULLETS TO KILL

THIS.

I'm tired of seeing people gripe about lowered health, lol. It's the overpowered weapons/hitbox damage that's changed.

Health was not touched.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
965 posts

Mar 4, 2010

Eugenides wrote:

Suar wrote:

THIS.

I'm tired of seeing people gripe about lowered health, lol. It's the overpowered weapons/hitbox damage that's changed.

Health was not touched.

most people consider that if it takes less bullets to kill someone its LOWER HEALTH. Its a game they didnt put bigger caliber bullets in the guns they changed the health. And if what his guy is saying true it seems like they would make the game even worse than it is now

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (77 Views)
Sackboy
615 posts

Mar 4, 2010

Haha oh yes a dream come true low rate of fire and DTI getting nerfed yes!

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
540 posts

Mar 4, 2010

why do you guys get mad if people say the heath has been lowered, it hasn't but making the weapons cause higher damages practically equates to lower health.  The percentage of health you lose per bullet is higher now, so in a way your health is lower.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Mar 4, 2010

Curtins4u wrote:

Just wondering if this seems ass backwards to anybody else... I'm glad Naughty Dog is always trying to perfect the game and constantly making changes, but lowered health, lowered rate of fire and lowered accuracy? As a player that has used the Down the Irons booster since beta and owned with it and hated the lowered health, you can see where I'm coming from.

The health has been greatly reduced and the solution is to make guns fire slower and less accurate? Nerd rage anybody? Why not just keep the health normal and keep the guns accuracy on point? Guess we'll have to wait and see tomorrow when 1.06 comes out if ND has made things somehow even worse or slightly better...

To be honest, it wasn't what I wanted at all as far as nerfs go (I mean DTI is OU but, it's not uber like Situational Awareness is). I just wanted it to be returned to 1.04 where there was actual skill involved. As long as the leg hitboxes are similar as to how they were in 1.04, I THINK I'll be satisfied (especially with the 'nade radius reduction).

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3217 posts

Mar 4, 2010

Overall the update looks promising. Unfortunately I doubt it's enough to bring anyone back to this game (especially considering how amazing Bad Company 2 is).

Altering the FAL and Sniper ROF is just ridiculously dumb IMO. Why screw any further with the games' balance? Why not just bring back the FAL's pre-1.05 damage? It just seems like their changing things more in an attempt to fix previous changes.

And the fact that there is no mention of the spawns is insane. In fact, they could of left everything the way it's been and just fixed the spawns and I'd be happy. Spawns are just atrocious post-1.05.

Another thing, it's great that the leg's hitbox damage is being changed (thank god). But how exactly is it being tweaked? It it going back to pre-1.05 levels? 50% less? 75%? It would be really nice to know approximately what the new values are.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes