Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 02 2010
By: Eternal21 Fender Bender 3749 posts

1.05 changed one thing for the better

13 replies 74 views Edited Mar 2, 2010

Teamwork actually became relevant now.  In the old days of Run'n'Gun, there was no point in teamwork.  You would basically run around the map and kill your enemies.  Currently it is no longer possible.  But with friends who have mics, you can now do team camping (for example on village, Villains spawn you can have two guys watch each approach to the top).  You can also call out positions of enemy campers who killed you.  And since people don't run as much, spawns are pretty consistent, as you basically re-spawn next to campers on your team.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (74 Views)
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Re: 1.05 changed one thing for the better

Mar 2, 2010

True, but it doesn't change the fact that simply camping in a designated area with your team = not nearly as fun as running around the maps. There isn't any real strategy anymore, in my opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

Mar 2, 2010

Teamwork is relevant now?!

I'm afraid you've got it backwards. Before 1.05 it required a good amount of teamwork to win against good teams. Pre-1.05, since people were harder to kill it encouraged teamwork, tactics, and strategy. Now all you have to do is FAL and/or camp, you can kill 4-5 guys in one magazine within within 5 seconds.

Any attempt at moving around the map now will result in a huge amount of deaths, especially against good players.

Spawns are nothing short of HORRIBLE. How you could possibly think the spawns are "consistent" is completely beyond me. I can't even begin to describe to you how awful the spawns are post-1.05.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (74 Views)
Fender Bender
3749 posts

Mar 2, 2010

Nope - pre 1.05 was run'n'gun.  Post 1.05 is camping.  Camping promotes more teamwork than run'n'gun.  Spawns are better, not because ND did anything to fix them (because they didn't), but by the virtue of people not moving around as much.  For example on Plaza, if your team camps the grenade house, you'll end up always spaning on your side.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

Mar 2, 2010

I go around a corner and run into 3  "Team players" I TRY for cover. But now with the health system i cant make it because 2 bullets from each gun is enough to kill me..........So i have to pray they cant shoot........ Nothing better about that.

Teamwork in Plunder maybe but not DM.

photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (74 Views)
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Mar 2, 2010

Project_Ares wrote:

I go around a corner and run into 3  "Team players" I TRY for cover. But now with the health system i cant make it because 2 bullets from each gun is enough to kill me..........So i have to pray they cant shoot........ Nothing better about that.

Teamwork in Plunder maybe but not DM.

Yeeeah, that's the thing: the new patch does promote teamwork, in the sense that if you're going anywhere, it's wise to have backup.

But I pity whoever runs into a group of 3 or more players, lmao.

It was pretty unlucky pre-1.05, but at least you had the chance of lobbing a grenade, trying to take cover, or at least taking one of them down. Now you're pretty much dead as soon as you see them.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2923 posts

Mar 2, 2010

Even if you have teamwork, its likely that the guy kills you, and your teamate kills him.

Sig3
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

Mar 3, 2010

Eternal21 wrote:

Nope - pre 1.05 was run'n'gun.  Post 1.05 is camping.  Camping promotes more teamwork than run'n'gun.  Spawns are better, not because ND did anything to fix them (because they didn't), but by the virtue of people not moving around as much.  For example on Plaza, if your team camps the grenade house, you'll end up always spaning on your side.

Camping promotes teamwork? Um...what?

Do you even play Uncharted 2 online? Saying the spawns are better....dear God. I can't even bring myself to reply to this, anyone else want to?

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Mar 3, 2010

2 bullets kill you?  For which gun?  Two I think of are hammer and desert.  Anyways, when I come across 3 enemies I throw a grenade, get to cover, and pray that I don't get flanked.  There's a little chance for getting away Pre-1.05 and 1.05, anyway.  

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Mar 3, 2010

Eternal21 wrote:

Teamwork actually became relevant now.  In the old days of Run'n'Gun, there was no point in teamwork.  You would basically run around the map and kill your enemies.  Currently it is no longer possible.  But with friends who have mics, you can now do team camping (for example on village, Villains spawn you can have two guys watch each approach to the top).  You can also call out positions of enemy campers who killed you.  And since people don't run as much, spawns are pretty consistent, as you basically re-spawn next to campers on your team.

I must respectfully disagree with you Eternal. In the old days it was about teamwork too, but if you needed to lone ranger your way through 2 or 3 enemies you could do so with the right weapons and cover. Now, if you don't have another person to coverfire for you...you won't make it 15 feet. It's made it more relevent and dependant on teamwork I think, but I really wish I could take just a couple more shots, maybe not as much as before...but somewhere in between so it doesn't feel like I'm playing a WWII game...ya know?

The Old Republic = Every great game Sony never released...and did.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (74 Views)