Apr 20 2010
By: Cregan4584 Lombax Warrior 159 posts

1.04 is not coming back......

33 replies 111 views Edited Apr 20, 2010

I posted a comment on ND's blog post about spawn point updates. It was...

"Naughty Dog’s dumbest move was changing the bullet damage and farting around with other aspects of MP when they did two beta’s and had the game in great shape when released. They will bring 1.04 back if they wanted to make the fans happy.

Naughty Dog, here is a challenge to you for you to face the facts. Put a poll up asking if players want 1.04 back.

Just have the option of “yes” or “no”. Don’t add misleading options like “maybe” or “possibly, but give it it’s own playlist” like you did when you first put the poll up about asking if we liked the experimental weekend. You’ll see the real answer to the question then.

I can understand not putting new weapons in would be a pain. Plan on it for Uncharted 3.

Spawns were never a problem before 1.04. No idea what you guys did but someone screwed it up.

Naughty Dog already said no new skins in co-op.

Arne answers my posts all the time and they are never nice. I am voicing my concerns about a game I love to make it better for the community (I feel i stand with the majority). It’s nothing against him and hopefully he realizes that and doesn’t get teary eyed. Being a member of public relations for Naughty Dog after they released 1.05 has to be a VERY tough job, but I give the man credit for keeping his cool. smile"

And he replied with this....

"Putting up a poll regarding sentiment for 1.04 wouldn’t solve anything as we’re not considering a wholesale return there. All we would be doing is creating expectations that we would not fulfill, which would be terribly damaging. We will continue to iterate forward to improve the game based on gameplay and anecdotal data. Sorry!"

Seeing as how I must have hit a post limit on that blog, I turn to the forum to open up further discussion.

I am stating that Naughty Dog doesn't see that releasing 1.05 was "terribly damaging". A majority of the vote for experimental weekend was "we liked it, but give it it's own playlist". Naughty Dog took that as "they like it, so lets include that percent with the percent that lives it over the normal damage and dynamically change the game". That is not what we wanted, Naughty Dog. So you are now openly admitting that the game will not go back to the way you originally had it. Pathetic. The respect for Naughty Dog I had is gone because, as i've stated many times, you guys listen to the players of Uncharted 2. You are not listening to us now. I know not everyone wants 1.04 back but from the polls done by forum users, a majority wants 1.04 back. You guys just can't admit you made a mistake and went in a direction THE MAJORITY did not want. You said you won't go back to 1.04, but I challenge you still to just putting the poll up with the only options being "yes" and "no". Then you can use your error margins and data analysis to see the game sucks 1.05 and beyond.

Message 1 of 34 (111 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: 1.04 is not coming back......

Apr 20, 2010

I agree with you. The spawning points in this game have gotten ridiculous to the point where deathmatches require no order. When oponents spawn next to each other or spawn in the line of fire there is a major problem. My friends and I used to play uncharted everynight but ever since the update began thats when we noticed there was something wrong. Naughty dog might as well get rid of the rage and the streak medals. There is no way to strategize with my friends anymore. when we are trying to cover a room it is pointless when one oponent can spawn in the back of the room. So recently my friends and I have stopped playing this game and now are looking for another title. Hopefully somthing will change before rockstars new game coming out this May takes over uncharted's multiplayer fans.

Message 2 of 34 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 20, 2010

Cregan4584 wrote:

I posted a comment on ND's blog post about spawn point updates. It was...

"Naughty Dog’s dumbest move was changing the bullet damage and farting around with other aspects of MP when they did two beta’s and had the game in great shape when released. They will bring 1.04 back if they wanted to make the fans happy.

Naughty Dog, here is a challenge to you for you to face the facts. Put a poll up asking if players want 1.04 back.

Just have the option of “yes” or “no”. Don’t add misleading options like “maybe” or “possibly, but give it it’s own playlist” like you did when you first put the poll up about asking if we liked the experimental weekend. You’ll see the real answer to the question then.

I can understand not putting new weapons in would be a pain. Plan on it for Uncharted 3.

Spawns were never a problem before 1.04. No idea what you guys did but someone screwed it up.

Naughty Dog already said no new skins in co-op.

Arne answers my posts all the time and they are never nice. I am voicing my concerns about a game I love to make it better for the community (I feel i stand with the majority). It’s nothing against him and hopefully he realizes that and doesn’t get teary eyed. Being a member of public relations for Naughty Dog after they released 1.05 has to be a VERY tough job, but I give the man credit for keeping his cool. smile"

And he replied with this....

"Putting up a poll regarding sentiment for 1.04 wouldn’t solve anything as we’re not considering a wholesale return there. All we would be doing is creating expectations that we would not fulfill, which would be terribly damaging. We will continue to iterate forward to improve the game based on gameplay and anecdotal data. Sorry!"

Seeing as how I must have hit a post limit on that blog, I turn to the forum to open up further discussion.

I am stating that Naughty Dog doesn't see that releasing 1.05 was "terribly damaging". A majority of the vote for experimental weekend was "we liked it, but give it it's own playlist". Naughty Dog took that as "they like it, so lets include that percent with the percent that lives it over the normal damage and dynamically change the game". That is not what we wanted, Naughty Dog. So you are now openly admitting that the game will not go back to the way you originally had it. Pathetic. The respect for Naughty Dog I had is gone because, as i've stated many times, you guys listen to the players of Uncharted 2. You are not listening to us now. I know not everyone wants 1.04 back but from the polls done by forum users, a majority wants 1.04 back. You guys just can't admit you made a mistake and went in a direction THE MAJORITY did not want. You said you won't go back to 1.04, but I challenge you still to just putting the poll up with the only options being "yes" and "no". Then you can use your error margins and data analysis to see the game sucks 1.05 and beyond.

1.05 can burn in hell for all I care, so can 1.04, so get over it.

Message 3 of 34 (111 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

Apr 20, 2010

Yeah, get over it ND.

Dont change it back or make a seperate playlist - play with the casuals who will soon skipping the U2 MP for playing COD7.

You poisoned the MP and dont realize it - your game is slowly dying but you wont hear.

In the end of the year there will barly 40.000 players - mark my words.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Message 4 of 34 (111 Views)
Sackboy
534 posts

Apr 20, 2010

Don't listen to any hater you get in this thread, a couple of us on the forums here have been discussing this since 1.05 came out, we know your pain man. Anybody who likes 1.05 or 1.06 is seriously wrong in the head or didn't play 1.04 enough to realize the great difference. ND seriously fked up everything with 1.05 and then 1.06 made it worse.

We honesty think ND is going for a more "casual" ( aka dumbed down like crazy ) approach for the game now. And the problem with this is, ND must not of lost enough players for them to drastically resort back to 1.04, to them they see it as an improvement like stated above.. which is retarded. Another observation is they have no regard for the competitive community at all. Horrible.

"Putting up a poll regarding sentiment for 1.04 wouldn’t solve anything as we’re not considering a wholesale return there."

Of course ND won't put up a new poll, the results would be so one sided it'd be laughable. How could any sort of improvement result in the spawns turning out so god awful that anybody who plays the game ends up hating the spawns now, how could improvement be taking a gun which had no problems at all and just handicapping the fire rate. ND has done many things like this and I think they went too far in 1.05 and 1.06, players are just sick of this crap.

"Putting up a poll regarding sentiment for 1.04 wouldn’t solve anything as we’re not considering a wholesale return there. All we would be doing is creating expectations that we would not fulfill, which would be terribly damaging"

FULFILL, DAMAGING? D A M A G I N G ? You ALREADY damaged your game AND your community when releasing the latest craptastic TU's.

Message 5 of 34 (111 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Apr 20, 2010

We have made threads and ND has heard our side, all we want is the game we loved back. Not another carbon copy thats just made to sell more, because guess what, its not working. None of my CoD friends came running, so change it back already. 

"Putting up a poll regarding sentiment for 1.04 wouldn’t solve anything as we’re not considering a wholesale return there. All we would be doing is creating expectations that we would not fulfill, which would be terribly damaging"

HAHAHAHAHA, wait this came from an ND employee, wow no wonder why the game is total **bleep**, there MP department cant tell the difference between complete utter **bleep** and something thats loved and beautifully crafted.

Ok, seriously, seriously now... did the A team craft the mp side of the game as well, and now they are working on Uncharted 3? Because the B team is not **bleep**ing cutting it, get the A team back in here fix it up and then leave it the **bleep** alone. I do mean fix it to ND, because IT IS BROKE, SO NOW IT CAN BE FIXED.

Message 6 of 34 (111 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 20, 2010

Flawless83 wrote:

Yeah, get over it ND.

Dont change it back or make a seperate playlist - play with the casuals who will soon skipping the U2 MP for playing COD7.

You poisoned the MP and dont realize it - your game is slowly dying but you wont hear.

In the end of the year there will barly 40.000 players - mark my words.

umm are you for real?

Message 7 of 34 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 20, 2010

Pdizzle_9 wrote:

We have made threads and ND has heard our side, all we want is the game we loved back. Not another carbon copy thats just made to sell more, because guess what, its not working. None of my CoD friends came running, so change it back already. 

HAHAHAHAHA, wait this came from an ND employee, wow no wonder why the game is total **bleep**, there MP department cant tell the difference between complete utter **bleep** and something thats loved and beautifully crafted.

Ok, seriously, seriously now... did the A team craft the mp side of the game as well, and now they are working on Uncharted 3? Because the B team is not **bleep**ing cutting it, get the A team back in here fix it up and then leave it the **bleep** alone. I do mean fix it to ND, because IT IS BROKE, SO NOW IT CAN BE FIXED.

Pdizzle....Don't be that guy

Message 8 of 34 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Apr 20, 2010

Squirtle101 wrote:

Pdizzle_9 wrote:

To be honest my thought process is if i have no hope whatsoever i wont be disappointed. Read that, they basically said they cant fulfill the expectations of their fans and so they are not even going to try. Then says how terribly damaging it would be. Oh my bad because completely and totally changing the game 5 months into the games life cycle and pissing all your hardcore fans off is not damaging right?

Am i pissed as hell at what they did to MP, you bet your ass. I never never disregard what they made tho, the single player is hands down one of the best ever. The mp was one of the best i had played as well, I think a lot of us think that which is why we are so up in arms about all this **bleep** that has been going down.

Message 9 of 34 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 20, 2010

Pdizzle_9 wrote:

Squirtle101 wrote:

Pdizzle_9 wrote:

To be honest my thought process is if i have no hope whatsoever i wont be disappointed. Read that, they basically said they cant fulfill the expectations of their fans and so they are not even going to try. Then says how terribly damaging it would be. Oh my bad because completely and totally changing the game 5 months into the games life cycle and pissing all your hardcore fans off is not damaging right?

Am i pissed as hell at what they did to MP, you bet your ass. I never never disregard what they made tho, the single player is hands down one of the best ever. The mp was one of the best i had played as well, I think a lot of us think that which is why we are so up in arms about all this **bleep** that has been going down.

hmm good point.

Message 10 of 34 (111 Views)
0 Likes