I Only Post Everything
1117 posts

Re: dodge ball The Lab

Jun 12, 2013
I have a question regarding dodgeball. So, in order to get a Hail Mary medal, you need to have a grenade kill from at least 50 meters away. Also, in order to get The Long Ranger medal, you need to have 3 kills from at least 50 meters away.

My question:

If someone were to get 3 Hail Mary trophies within one match, would that also grant them The Long Ranger medal?

This obviously doesn't only pertain to dodgeball matches, but it's a lot more probable that you would get that many Hail Mary medals there.
Message 11 of 50 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
7859 posts

Jun 12, 2013

It's kinda iffy, because I have gotten long ranger medals from hail mary's but other times the hail mary didn't count toward it. What I assumed it was was the 50m pertains to different things.

50m for a long ranger, means you have to be 50m away from the target when you kill him.

50m for a hail mary, means the grenade has to travel an overall distance of 50m once it makes contact and explodes.

Honestly, I don't know if thats right but thats what I assumed from getting long rangers from hail marys only sometimes.

Hello everyone! I’m Scott Lowe, the newest addition to the community team at Naughty Dog. As a longtime fan of the studio, it’s an absolute dream come true to work alongside the developers here and immerse myself in our amazing player community. It’s week two for me, so I’ve got a ton left to learn and get up to speed on. Nonetheless, I plan on posting on the forums as much as possible. You can also hit me up on Twitter, @ScottLowe, whether it’s to talk about games, the studio, or exchange GIFs. Beware, my GIF game is strong. -ND-ScottLowe
Message 12 of 50 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Jun 12, 2013
@sand, I'm not sure that's correct, you don't get a Hail Mary if you just chuck a grenade straight up in the air and that has surely travelled the maximum distance possible, I think that the target still has to be 50 metres away but I'm pretty sure that grenades don't count towards TLR I must have had more than three Hail Marys in one match grenading people off the turret on the airstrip and I've never got a long ranger from it.
Message 13 of 50 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jun 12, 2013

i used to love it , but now its kinda boring i love the lab map6 its so lovely and fun when you kill someone on the zipline i got arround 35 kills yesterday i admit it was two teams of noobs who just keep standing still and i had t bolt pretty all the game , usualy i play with the gmal cause i want to aim not to blindfire like a noob , the gmal with scoped in is very deadly and kills pretty fast

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/leviosacho/media/6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg.html
Message 14 of 50 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
7859 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Yea same here, but there were a handful of times where I have gotten long ranger from hail marys being off of my 3rd kill.

Hello everyone! I’m Scott Lowe, the newest addition to the community team at Naughty Dog. As a longtime fan of the studio, it’s an absolute dream come true to work alongside the developers here and immerse myself in our amazing player community. It’s week two for me, so I’ve got a ton left to learn and get up to speed on. Nonetheless, I plan on posting on the forums as much as possible. You can also hit me up on Twitter, @ScottLowe, whether it’s to talk about games, the studio, or exchange GIFs. Beware, my GIF game is strong. -ND-ScottLowe
Message 15 of 50 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
537 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I am new to the game and I enjoy the dodgeball arena because it is concentrated chaos. It is also teaching me a whole lot about chucking 'nades. I learned how to pick them up and toss them back as well as throw them in a straight line vs an arc. It has translated to better grenade use in other MP modes. 

I also like the zip-line Lab map, it is fast and fun

Message 16 of 50 (394 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 2, 2013
It's impossible to get cluster home on that.
Message 17 of 50 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Sep 2, 2013

I shot a bullet once, while playing Dodgeball Lab...

Message 18 of 50 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Sep 3, 2013

I do like dodgeball. It's one of the gametypes that I'm naturally good at - I don't air-bomb nor use kickback grenades. It's a nice change-up from the usual everyone running around with an M9. 

Message 19 of 50 (303 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 4, 2013
I liked it the first time. Now? Not so fun anymore.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 20 of 50 (283 Views)
0 Likes