I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

Please, provide the G-MAL and dragon rifle

Oct 16, 2011

And put your opinions on the new damage from the bullets of the G-mal and poor accuracy for distances.

Also decide on the rifle's sight, and his back too.

Message 60 of 453 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4473 posts

Don't touch sprint! Just increase stopping power. And Eug...

Oct 16, 2011
Don't touch sprint! Just increase stopping power. And Eugenides, don't use a derogatory word that's associated with homosexuals.
 photo FotoFlexer_PhotoS2popular.jpg
Message 61 of 453 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
453 posts

This is a third person shooter, first and foremost. This...

Oct 16, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

SolidRevolver wrote:

I agree that the old sprint was best and hope it returns.  But apart from that, no.

Blindfire is not an issue.  Spraying bullets into someones face at close range and not missing isn't a fricking issue.  Thats life.  If you think standing on someones toes, or a couple strides out and hitting without looking down the sights is over powered, I'm sorry but you're an idiot  Smiley Frustrated

- Old Sprint back
- Bit more stopping power

If you make all the changes suggested in that video, close range combat will become underpowered and force everyone to either go mid-range or Sniper.  Blindfire should be an 'Assassin's head-to-head combat.  It would mean if you run into an enemy around a corner, you would be better off aiming down the sights when your with 3 steps of each other.  It will look as stupid as combat in Resident Evil 5 multiplayer.

Hate to whip out the "real life" examples, but since you went there first...

So you're telling me there's nothing unrealistic about having your gun literally follow your target without you aiming, while you run in wild zig-zags back and forth? That seems logical to you?

Also, no, it wouldn't render close-range combat impossible. It would just make it more difficult, which is how it should be. Right now, literally anyone can get a kill using these tactics, regardless of their abilities as a player. It renders any sort of skill gap obsolete, which just isn't right, in my opinion.

This is a shooter, it's not supposed to be close-range (and by that I mean the zooming-into-peoples'-faces-with-blindfire and rampant melees). We're talking about encouraging players to hone their skills, learn to aim, and play the game as it was intended. Blindfire and melees should always be a last resort in an unexpected confrontation, not an actual playstyle.

I am talking about emphasis on mid to long-range, but like I said, I think most will agree that that's how a shooter should play.

This is a third person shooter, first and foremost. This isn't Call of Duty. Close quarter combat is bound to be more prevalent in the TPS genre. Blind fire and melee, while they have the potential to be abused, are all useful tactics to master in the game, but also cannot be entirely avoided either. Once again, this is a TPS. If you can't deal with blind fire and melee in a TPS, then you really shouldn't bother with the genre. ND will make tweaks to appease the whiners, but in no way will blind firing cease to exist. 

The sad fact of the matter is that however many changes and or tweaks ND makes, the complaing and whining will continue to be rampant. It's just in the nature of the Uncharted community.

Message 62 of 453 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Yeah, it singlehandedly contributed to **bleep** up the ent...

Oct 16, 2011

This is still the same game as the Summer beta, the only thing that needs tweaking is stopping power. Sprinting actually contributes to gameplay now, whereas in the Summner beta, it was more of a novelty feature.

Yeah, it singlehandedly contributed to **bleep** up the entire balance of the game :smileywink:

Message 63 of 453 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
453 posts

Ughh....   You do realize that this is NOTHING new, right...

Oct 16, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

SolidRevolver wrote:

I agree that the old sprint was best and hope it returns.  But apart from that, no.

Blindfire is not an issue.  Spraying bullets into someones face at close range and not missing isn't a fricking issue.  Thats life.  If you think standing on someones toes, or a couple strides out and hitting without looking down the sights is over powered, I'm sorry but you're an idiot  Smiley Frustrated

- Old Sprint back

If you make all the changes suggested in that video, close range combat will become underpowered and force everyone to either go mid-range or Sniper.  Blindfire should be an 'Assassin's head-to-head combat.  It would mean if you run into an enemy around a corner, you would be better off aiming down the sights when your with 3 steps of each other.  It will look as stupid as combat in Resident Evil 5 multiplayer.

So you're telling me there's nothing unrealistic about having your gun literally follow your target without you aiming, while you run in wild zig-zags back and forth? That seems logical to you?

Also, no, it wouldn't render close-range combat impossible. It would just make it more difficult, which is how it should be. Right now, literally anyone can get a kill using these tactics, regardless of their abilities as a player. It renders any sort of skill gap obsolete, which just isn't right, in my opinion.

This is a shooter, it's not supposed to be close-range (and by that I mean the zooming-into-peoples'-faces-with-blindfire and rampant melees). We're talking about encouraging players to hone their skills, learn to aim, and play the game as it was intended. Blindfire and melees should always be a last resort in an unexpected confrontation, not an actual playstyle.

I am talking about emphasis on mid to long-range, but like I said, I think most will agree that that's how a shooter should play.

Ughh....

You do realize that this is NOTHING new, right? It was in U2's MP, it was in U3's Summer beta, and it's here again in the Subway beta.

Why can't all of the thick skulled people out there realize that the blind fire accuracy has actually been reduced since the Summer beta? Blind fire now is nowhere near as much of a problem as people are making it to be. And video "reviews" like these just serve to prove how grossly exaggerated things have gotten within this community. 

This is still the same game as the Summer beta, the only thing that needs tweaking is stopping power. Sprinting actually contributes to gameplay now, whereas in the Summner beta, it was more of a novelty feature.

Did you forget how many people whined during the Summber beta? The crying was a lot more rampant than it currently is. Sigh......People seem to be suffering from amnesia, I guess.

Oh, and don't bother responding in a defensive manner. My post is speaking on the Uncharted online community in general, and not anybody in particular. 

Message 64 of 453 (140 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Nice video guys. :) Can't wait for the next part. tripleW...

Oct 16, 2011
Nice video guys. :smileyhappy: Can't wait for the next part.

tripleWRECK is so my hero. :smileyvery-happy:
Message 65 of 453 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
453 posts

In your opinion. And your post number count implies to me...

Oct 16, 2011

RoBo-O-G wrote:

Yeah, it singlehandedly contributed to **bleep** up the entire balance of the game :smileywink:

In your opinion. And your post number count indicates to me that you weren't present in the forums during the Summer beta. The general consensus regarding sprint then was that it was more or less unnecessary, and was viewed as being tacked on, slow, and clunky by many. Myself not included.

Sprint was satisfactory to me during the Summer beta. I didn't realize how clunky it was until I played the Subway beta, it's helped improve overall manervuerablity greatly. In retrospect, it really didn't work well in the Summer beta. Idea was spot one, but wasn't implemented properly, imo. 

They complained then, they complain now. You obviously are not too familar with these forums. :smileywink:

Message 66 of 453 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11303 posts

*yay*

Oct 16, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

PART 1 IS UP!

*yay*

EDIT: When the video ended i was like "what? no!" :smileyindifferent:

Message 67 of 453 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

I hate to use UC2 as an example because people who are de...

Oct 16, 2011

tha_mangler_88 wrote:

Eugenides wrote:

SolidRevolver wrote:

- Old Sprint back

This is a third person shooter, first and foremost. This isn't Call of Duty. Close quarter combat is bound to be more prevalent in the TPS genre. Blind fire and melee, while they have the potential to be abused, are all useful tactics to master in the game, but also cannot be entirely avoided either. Once again, this is a TPS. If you can't deal with blind fire and melee in a TPS, then you really shouldn't bother with the genre. ND will make tweaks to appease the whiners, but in no way will blind firing cease to exist. 

The sad fact of the matter is that however many changes and or tweaks ND makes, the complaing and whining will continue to be rampant. It's just in the nature of the Uncharted community.

I hate to use UC2 as an example because people who are defending UC3 seem to dismiss it, but to be good at UC2 you had to master aiming, blindfiring, when to jump, roll, hide, throw nades. 

All you have to do now is sprint and blindfire, that is all.

Message 68 of 453 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5926 posts

Personally, I agree completely with this. If they add in...

Oct 16, 2011

Partnur wrote:
Don't touch sprint! Just increase stopping power.

Personally, I agree completely with this. If they add in stopping power, I don't think the maneuverability of sprint needs to be changed any more. They already dropped the sprint duration, if they nerf it too much then it'll be useless.

Message 69 of 453 (140 Views)
0 Likes