Have you got questions that need answers? Here's your opportunity to get them!
Until the 10th of May (and every month from here on out), you will have the opportunity to post your questions regarding Uncharted 3 Multiplayer experience in this thread! The top 10 questions will then be chosen and answered by the NaughtyDog Development team.
Once they have sent back the replies, we will post them in this thread for your perusal.
So, get to posting those questions - and make 'em count and make ‘em good ones!
1. Are you guys looking into removing TDM treasures from Elim? (RevisIsland78)
Elimination was a game mode that was added post release so in order for the playlist to have any treasures at all we added TDM treasures to it. Think of it this way: the treasure drops are random in all games modes and are set up for co-op or competitive sets. So both TDM and Elimination will see competitive treasures drop.
2. What kinds of decisions are you making about classic mode? (thefury500)
Patch 1.15 will bring upon a slew of gameplay changes and…we don’t want to say anything quite yet as everything is still being tested but, yes, we’ll be putting a Classic mode into the game.
3. Will there be another Double XP event after this one? (TeabagMcFrag)
Absolutely, we plan to hold these around the holidays in most cases. We’re exploring other kinds of events as well.
4. Since you guys at ND removed the 76-99 levels, is it possible to have them after reaching 5th legacy? (xXGoldenArthurXx)
5th legacy will be the cap. For the sake of matchmaking we will be making changes in patch 1.15 that will treat each level of Legacy as 5 additional levels. So, for example, if you are Legacy 5 you will be marked as level 100 although you won’t see that. We never had levels 76-99 in the game and we won’t be including those.
5. Are you guys aware of the extremely frequent party splits that have been occurring since 1.14? (SouthpawLP)
We have made changes to the matchmaking in patch 1.15 that will help correct this.
6. Have you guys ever considered adding more character dialogue to your MP to make it even more lively? (StardustSpeedway)
The dialogue we have in the multiplayer is capped for resource and technical reasons. Mostly so we have resource room to add other elements to multiplayer. Also, once we are done with the actors, it’s a real challenge getting back into the studio. The scheduling required to execute the amount of dialog we have in the game is quite tight and once we do a series of sessions, we pretty much done!
7. Are there any plans in the works to increase the treasure drop rate for rare treasures over all or more smooth system to collect treasures? (Mega8BitPanda)
We discuss this regularly and may be holding some event weekends in which rare treasure will drop more frequently at some point. Also, patch 1.15 will address the treasure drop system.
8. When can we expect 1.15 to come out ? (rapha_333)
We are targeting early October right now but the actual release date might move in or move out based on testing and a number of other factors. So… Soon™
9. Will there be any new maps (with textures) later on? (SjShane)
We currently don’t have any plans for new maps beyond a slew of some very experimental and very unique block mesh maps.
10.When are we going to have the technical fixes patch? Is there one in the works? (Shadow-Man_4)
Patch 1.15 will address some technical fixes, especially with matchmaking.
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck would? Okay now I'll be serious.
1. Will you guys ever tweak the sniper's aim assist?
2. Do you guys have an idea how many patches there will be after 1.15?
3. Do you have any plans for a co-op patch that focuses mainly on co-op? Because as of now all patches are practically 100% competitive fixes.
Since you guys at ND removed the 76-99 levels, is it possible to have them after reaching 5th legacy?
It would be nice because you want to support U3 for a long time right?
Look at this thread and you'll know what I'm talking about; http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Final-Rankings/td-p/38158697/hi...
Will you please look into optimizing matchmaking by ping (the connection strength, not the paid booster)? Ping-based matchmaking could reduce the lag significantly. This is a very important issue that we'd like to see fixed, as lag has been increasing lately.
Are you guys aware of the extremely frequent party splits that have been occurring since 1.14? You guys could easily fix it since it happens very often these days and I know you guys need to experience the issue in order to find a fix for it.
1. In Co-op, could you please increase the money for assists to a fair level?
Doing 99% damage to the crushing brute just to see how your teammate fires a single shot and gets the 2000 while you get 25... It's Co-op after all. You work together to be successful. Personally, I think something around 25-50% of the "kill money" would be fair.
2. How are the chances for a more regional based matchmaking?
3. Can you please lock all the weapons until players reach the necessary level that unlocks the base model?
For example, almost every low level (legacy or not) uses the Spyder M9 now. And the tournament system gives players a RoF M9, Accuracy Gmal and such things...