14 - Keep grenade throwbacks.
So long as the grenade is a) within 2 feet (instead of up to 25m, as it is now), and b) the throwback window is greatly shortened, that'd be okay. U3 grenades are pointless.
14 - Keep grenade throwbacks.
So long as the grenade is a) within 2 feet (instead of up to 25m, as it is now), and b) the throwback window is greatly shortened, that'd be okay. U3 grenades are pointless.
yes the throwback radius is simply ridiculous I think that was purposely done for certain medals though but I agree with you.
But I like the ability to throwback grenades aslong as they option is their to turn it off in customs or a mode like Classic everyone should be happy... Grenades are not really pointless youjust gotta know when to use them and how to use them in UC3. Grenades were never meant to be a main way to get kills alot of people unfrotunately thinks this.
Hey everyone. I feel like making another Uncharted 4 thread because I want to make sure that ND sees what we want and doesn't repeat its UC3 mistakes. It's pretty much guaranteed that there will be a new Uncharted on PS4 considering how popular the franchise is. Please post what you would like to see in UC4 in this thread. Here's what I want:
Engine: I know you guys said that you'll use the same engine, which I'm fine with considering it's awesome. However, there are a lot of ways you could take advantage of the PS4's hardware. The engine should support DirectX 11, Destruction, something similar to Nvidia PhysX, Tesslation, Particles, Dynamic Lighting, Real-Time water, rain, everything. The game should have a 1080p Resolution. Since Uncharted is a cinematic game, you should focus on having a completely locked framerate of 30fps (it should never drop at all) and have extremley impressive graphics. The game should look at least as good as the Dark Sorcerer tech demo but in gameplay. Maybe the multiplayer could run at 60fps but have less graphical detail. I don't care about graphics, art style is important, that's what Naughty Dog does very well, I don't care about that technical mumbo-jumbo tesselation, particles and other blabla, just let Naughty Dog do what they do best, paint fantastic worlds
Story: I don’t have a lot of suggestions since you have awesome writers. I only have one idea, to have Elena pregnant. I think it would be cool if during their adventure, Elena is sick and starts throwing up and stuff. Nate could ask her from time to time if she's okay and she'd hide it from him. At one point in the story, she'd have no choice but to reveal to Nate that she's pregnant. It would be fitting because then Nate would have a valid reason for settling down at the end of the adventure. If done well, it could be epic IMO. The story mode should be at least 12-14 hours. I don't want this to become a soap, so no pregnancy revealing during an epic adventure, and absolutely no throwing up and stuff, and I don't want Nate to quit, I do however hope they stay together, but Naughty Dog must give Nate a reason to go adventuring again, Nate is I think searched for by governement in many countries, because he's a thief after all, so maybe he wants to live a quit life, but some governement person forces him to work for him in exchange for freedom, something like that, anyway, as long as Amy Hennig writes it, it will be good!
Characters: Nate should stay the same as in UC3. Sully too. Elena and Chloe should look like in the E3 Trailer. Charlie Cutter should stay the same and should be more present throughout the game. they looked like in the E3 trailer?
Villain: I think that the main villain should be someone who's crazy, very dangerous and upredictable, like The Joker or Vaas (from Far Cry 3). He should be equal to Drake on every level. Also, let's have an american villain for god's sake. I disagree, I think all villains so far were perfect, Eddy Raja was the crazy guy, Roman the buseniss man, Lazarevic a warcriminal and Marlowe the leader of an secret order, we had plenty of variety, let Naughty Dog decide what's next
Locations: One of the things I love about the Unchated games is that there are globe-trotting adventures. I think that it would be cool to China and/or Africa in Uncharted 4. The Grand Canyon would also be cool. what I want is underwater gameplay this time, and not just swimming 2 feet below the surface...
Gameplay: The pacing between combat, exploration and puzzles was pretty much perfect in UC3. The gunplay should be improved to be on the level of third-person shooters. Also, make stealth more viable. Melee should be similar to UC3 but we should be able to melee someone or a group of enemy with the help of our partner. For example, Sully could punch someone and push him towards Drake who would finish him with an AK-47 swing. The enemies should be struggling when Drake tries to choke them. When swapping weapons in the middle of combat (long-gun to sidearm only), Nate should draw the sidearm and hold on to the long gun with his left hand (like in Max Payne 3). He’d put it on his back at the end of the fight. This would add to the realism of the game. When a character gets shoot, they should have blood on their clothes, including the main characters, but enough blood to keep the T rating. gunplay should be like in UC2, melee and stealth were horribly boring and ugly looking and it should be like in UC2, exploration should be like in UC2, puzzles were great in UC3, keep them great, and don't try to be to realistic, that's not what the game is about, and no blood on clothes, don't risk the T-rating, it's good as it is...
Levels: Environments should have micro-destruction, similar to the destruction in the Close Quarters maps of Battlefield 3. UC4 should have more big levels, similar to TLOU , that would allow for a variety of playstyles. destruction in this game is not necsessary...
Enemies: The enemy AI in UC4 should be even more advanced than The Last of Us. The hit reactions and enemy deaths should be more realistic. Enemies should react to every single bullet they receive. Also, where the player shoots them should influence their behavior and capabilities. If the player shoots them in a leg or a knee, they should limp and if shot in both legs and knees, they should only be able to crawl to cover. If shot in the arm, they shouldn’t be able to shoot and aim as well. If shot in the stomach, they cover the wound with one hand, which would reduce their accuracy. If enemies fall down, they shouldn’t necessarily be dead. Some could crawl to cover, others could ask Drake to spare them after seeing their teammates die or even pull the pins off their grenades to sacrifice themseleves and kill Drake. Enemies should communicate in the same way as in The Last of Us.There shouldn't be anymore "wave after wave" of enmies in SP. please, no, just no, why? no way do they get away with a T-rating if they do all that, and it's not needed, this game shouldn't be so realistic, keep that hollywood feeling to it, I like it
When using stealth in Uncharted, if one enemy sees you, everyone knows you're here instantly, even if you take out the one who spotted you quickly. This shouldn't happen anymore in UC4. Also, if the level allows for it, you should be able to hide from enemies and go back to stealth mode if they discover you, like in TLOU. Enemies shouldn't be able to know exactly where you are unless they see you. For example, if you're taking cover on one side of a wall then move to the other, enemies should still shoot where you were, unless one of them sees you and tells his allies where you are. Kind of like a Last Known Position in Splinter Cell: Conviction but without the ghostly image. I kind of agree, but don't make it to deep
Bring back enemy vehicles. ? (train and convoy in UC2? if so: yes)
Treasures: Drake should tell a little description every time we pick up a treasure while the treasure is spinning on the right. It would make them more interesting to look for. I do agree on that, replay value in UC3 is a joke, make it more like UC2 and take a look at Tomb Raider too
Allies: Allies should be able to kill enemies and really feel human. They should also be able to melee and do everything the player can do. Just like Drake, they should pick up weapons/ammo from dead enemies, move intelligently through the environment, etc. I don't really care...
Audio: You should record real guns and use their sounds for the game like DICE did for BF3. Also, there should be a Pulse Elite Audio Mode available at launch. no, just no, the weapons sounds best in UC1, just make your own sounds for in the game, don't copy it, it doesn't make the game better...
Store/Cheats: Bring back the store and cheats along with all the previous options and new ones. yep
Demos/Trailers: Do the same thing you did with TLOU and don't show too much. One gameplay demo is enough. Use trailers, cinematics and MP gameplay instead of 3-4 demos. totally agree, UC3 was shown way to much, and very spoiliry trailers too, and they showed so much gameplay, the chateau, the ship, the airplane, the desert, way to much, and they showed all the awesome moments, so they weren't that eye-dropping in the game
Marketing: The game should have a huge marketing budget. Uncharted is a series that could easily have Halo-level of success (meaning 10+ million units sold) with enough marketing. Sony needs to make a big deal about it. With the PS4 looking to be very successful and the money that will be made from PS Plus being required for MP, I have no doubt there will be enough money to market this in a very big way. agreed
Kart Racing Mini-Game: Since you guys usually do 3 games and a Kart racer, it would be cool if you guys included a Kart Racing mini game in UC4. It could be unlocked after beating the story mode and would be playable in MP. wasted resourced in my opinion, but if they let Sony Bend make it instead, fine by me, but don't waste Naughty Dog talent on such a thing
it's ok to voice your opinion, but don't say this is everyone's opinion, because on many points I disagree, see above in red ^
I want advanced testicular deformation for all characters, so the pump taunt can be realistically portrayed with swaying scr0tum action.
That would require too much processing power. Sorry, but the PS4 cannot handle it!
12-player Competitive Multiplayer the less, the better, I want 4vs4 like in The Last of us, it's better for the buddy system too
Ranking System: Apply this to Uncharted: http://www.halocouncil.com/community/index.php?/topic/13768-ideal-ranking-system/ Or add a 1-50 system similar to old Halo games and UC2. haven't clicked the link, but it was good in UC2, so do that, not again this legacy crap...
Maps: Less re-used maps. Only bring back one or two of them. Also, screw the dynamic elements as they prevent good competitive gameplay. All maps should be made from scratch (instead of being re-used SP environments) with competitive and balanced play in mind. The game should launch with at least 10 maps. Make maps vary between asymmetrical and symmetrical (UC2 only had symmetrical and UC3 only had asymmetrical). Maps should have clear power positions that players want to hold to win the game. keep dynamics! they are awesome, I don't care if it creates imbalances, it is fun and looks cool, I agree that they shouldn't copy the SP areas for in MP with some tweaks, and indeed both symmetrical and a-symmetrical maps please, and I want to add to that that I want to play each map just as often as any other map, I don't want to play only desert village, chateau and london underground please, throw away the voting option as well, just make every map show up just as often as any other map
Map Callouts: There should be callouts for each part of the map, like in Halo Reach. Those callouts should be over the timer. That would allow for the entire population to have universal callouts and would make playing with randoms easier. callouts? you mean like marking in The Last of Us? I disagree, it doesn't fit Uncharted, I don't like it...
New Game Modes:
-Domination: 3 Capture Points, 1 at both teams' initial spawns and 1 at the middle of the map. The objective is to control more capture points than the enemy team. Teams earn 1 point every 5 seconds for every flag they own. The score limit is 200 points. It should only be played on symmetrical maps. turf war is already in the game...
-Multi-Flag CTF: Both teams have a flag at their initial spawn point. The objective is to capture the enemy team's flag and bring it back to your base. Flags have a 15 second respawn timer after being dropped. If a player stands next to his team's flag, then the reset timer only lasts 3 seconds. A team cannot score if its flag isn't at home. Games are won by capturing 5 flags or having more flags than the enemy at the end of the timer. If there's a tie at the end of the timer, then the match goes into Overtime. The first time to score during OT wins. If no team scored at the end of the OT then the match ends in a tie. It should only be played on symmetrical maps. **bleep** flags, idols are way better, keep plunder like it is, and add to it that people play it like they should, so no kd-ratio, no kill-based booster leveling, if you insist on having leaderboards (I hate leaderboards), then at least add a seperate leaderboard for plunder activities that makes people want to win and do their best
-Neutral-Flag CTF: Works like Multi-Flag but there's only one neutral flag which is located in the middle of the map. It should only be played on symmetrical maps. **bleep** flags...
-One-Flag CTF: Works like Multi-Flag except that only one team has a flag. One team is the attacking team, the other one is the defending team. It should only be played on asymmetrical maps. **bleep** flags...
-Search & Destroy: Just copy Black Ops 2. oh, please no, never copy that crap...
Map Editor: Have a map editor similar to Forge in Halo. You could allow us to make great looking maps or only let us use the block mesh pallets. Allow us to edit default maps by adding weapons, turrets, closing off routes,etc... Every 2 month, there should be a rotational "Community Maps Test" playlist featuring community maps suggested by members of the community. The best of those maps should then be implemented into the main playlists. I agree with a map editor, could be nice, but I don't really like that they get into the playlists, I prefer to have a lab playlist for it, what can happen, is a contest and Naughty Dog makes one of the community lab mesh maps into a real map with textures and stuff, you know, like a normal map, I think that's a good idea
Levels: No more Legacy levels. Instead, there should be a leveling system similar to UC2. exactly
Progression System: UC4 should use a progression system similar to the first Black Ops. Every booster and clothing option should be unlocked from the start. However, they should still cost money like they currently do. no, it's good in UC3, however, make sure that people don't abuse the system, they should still play for the objective in the mode they are playing...
Buddy System: Ditch it. no way, buddy system is funny, I love the buddy boosters (stealth buddy being my favorite) and high fiving for medals is fun (Naughty Dog, fix the high five, it works only on perfectly flat ground and has a very annoying delay because of an desperate attempt of you to fix the airwalk, and guess what, it didn't work, so fix the high five...), and spawning on buddy's is good, however, needs some fixing
Red X over dead bodies: In UC Multiplayer, when a player dies, an x appears next to his username at the location of death. I think this should be replaced to a red X similar to what is in older Halo games to make it more visible and make callouts easier. you really enjoy those first person shooter crap, do you :/ anyway, what's wrong with the current X?
Blindfire: There shouldn't be a reticule when blindfiring, like in Gears. Also, there shouldn't be aim assist for blindfiring. a reticle is fine, but please no aim assist, it's so annoying...
Assists: In Battlefield 3, when you make an assist, the amount of points you get equals the percentage of health, you took away from the enemy. A similar system should be used in UC4:
If you deal 0 to 12.5% of damage, you don't get anything.
If you deal 12.5 to 37.5% of damage, you get $25.
If you deal 37.5 to 62.5% of damage, you get $50.
If you deal 62.5 to 99% of damage, you get $75. people must stop complaining about those assists, play for the team already... $50 dollar for an assist is fine...
Customization/Skins: Follow Luxis’ thread as it is simply perfect. No stats on items. No skeleton skin. Skins should be affected by water, snow, sand,etc. We should be able to purchase (both with in-game and real money) cosmetic items and weapon skins. There should be a lot of weapon skins (including dynamic ones) and new micro-transactions should be added every week. Also, the game should have DLC skins from other games. For example, to celebrate the release of AC 13: Redemption, you guys could release an Assassin robe as a skin for your MP character. There should be skins from all games from first-party games to third-party games (Cole's jacket, Aiden Pierce's coat, Kratos' skin, etc.). Characters from other franchises could also make their appearances (Kratos, Solid Snake, Ezio, etc.). Basically, this should be like TF2 but on PS4 **bleep** no, just no, no no no no no, I don't care if there is a Cole or a Zeke from infamous, but a kratos or AC skin, that doesn't make sense, they don't fit in the Uncharted universe... I don't care if some normal modern day age characters (from only first party titles) make an appearence in the game, but not other characters than that... and no microtransaction every week, what are you smoking? AND NO MORE HATS, at least not those ugly ones that doesn't make sense, only add stuff that fits in the Uncharted universe, so a cigar for Sully, or Drake's ring for Nate, or a journalist card for Elena, stuff like that, but I don't want to see Nate with a horse head wandering around ever again, it made the game into a circus, and I hate circusses... also I don't want to have countless of weapons skins, when UC3 was released it was fine, skins that suit certain characters was great, but I don't want a bright pink gun with a dog on it, not only it looks awful, it doesn't fit in the Uncharted universe, I'm fine with microtransactions for like, let's say Eddy's golden gun, or Chloe's defender, or whatever, but nothing else...
Loadouts: I think that loadouts should be removed. There were too many balance issues in UC3 MP and I think I'm not the only one that would rather go back to the more balanced and simple style of play in UC2 where all of us start with AKs and fight to control the power weapons. Attachements should stay and work like they do in UC3 co-op. By that I mean, the AK you start with should have the attachments you choose for it. When you pickup an M9, it should have the attachments you choose for it. Same thing with the weapon skins. There shouldn't be "active" attachments like RoF or Accuracy. Weapon Skins should also work the same way (buy a fire skin for you GMAL, it appears on the gun when you pick it up). I mostly agree, go back to UC2, however, make sure weapons respawn at different locations each time, especially the power weapons... and indeed, rate of fire and accuracy should be removed... weapon skins should never excist in the first place...
Dedicated Servers: This will solve the big lag problem we've had in Uncharted multiplayer. It shouldn't be hard considering we have to pay to play online now. I feel like there's no way UC MP can grow if it still uses p2p. I don't have any lag problems, people need a scapegoat, and lag is the easiest scapegoat they can use...
Server Rental: Allow users to rent servers like in Battlefield 3. This would make it easier to have scrims without lag. It would also facilitate online tournaments and would allow you guys to make money to fund servers. I have no idea what this is, but whatever...
Search Options: Ability to search for players with Good Connections only and/or who use mics. no, that would split up the player pool, the search option should just search automatically for players with a good connection first, and everyone get's a mic with the ps4, so why would you want to have that option?
Join in Progress: Join in Progress should return but in Social only. ditch joining, and return penalties for quitting, like it was in UC2, joining games creates balancing issues, and it is not fun to start playing against 5 players, but ending the match with 5 others, where is the fun in that... just return quit penalties, cash penalty, a time penalty, a loss penalty and a death penalty (players should get added 5 deaths to the leaderboards each time they quit or disconnect or whatever, that should teach those ratio quitters a lesson, anyway, they should ditch leaderboards alltogether, but it appears I'm the only one who thinks that...
Store: Microtransactions but only for Cosmetic items. You might not like Micro-transactions but think about it. They'll fund the game post launch, allowing ND to maintain the Dedicated Servers and give us FREE map packs, which means no more population split. agreed, however, no weird and out of place looking cosmetic items, like I said before, only things that fit into the Uncharted universe!
Separate Hitboxes I don't really care...
Groups: We should be able to create groups similar to crews in Max Payne 3. We should be able to customize the groups's emblem (and have it on your char), organize Group battles and have rival groups. you mean like clans? I don't care, I always play in a party, but I don't need a clan or something...
Custom Games: Give us the same amount of option as in Halo games (best custom games in gaming). We should also be able to use bots in custom games. it was fine in UC3, it was not good in The Last of Us, Global Chat was an awesome idea, make that return!
Respawn Times: 5 second in all gametypes. why? I disagree, I think in plunder you should respawn after 1 second if you died while holding the treasure and in elimination you shouldn't respawn after 5 seconds obviously, what are you thinking...
Static Spawns: The game should use Static Spawns to allow for map control instead of Dynamic Spawns seen in UC3 (can't remember how they were in 2). what are static spawns?
Power Plays: Remove them ASAP. It is simply stupid to reward a team for losing. agreed
Power Weapons: There should be waypoints over the weapon's location (kind of like Power Hunter but for everyone) but the range of the icon should be limited. Power Weapons should respawn a set time after pick-up. Power weapon placement should be balanced (for example, place a sniper near both spawns and an RPG in the middle of the map). Do not place power weapons in power positions otherwise it will promote camping. no power hunter for everyone... Uncharted is about exploration, so no power hunter booster stuff... power weapon locations and respawn time should vary, to prevent people from waiting for them at certain locations...
Challenges/Missions: UC4 should have daily and weekly challenges similar to Halo 4. Missions should be replaced with something similar to Commendations in Halo 4. Missions were a good idea, however, there should be better missions, there should be rewards for it besides just cash (treasures or some sort of leaderboard perhaps), and the timer shouldn't be counting down during searching for players...
BotZone: It would be cool to have a BotZone like in KZ3 where we could use max-leveled characters to train against bots, practice different maps and preview future unlocks. We should be able to bring our parties in BotZone. BotZone should be available offline. wut?
Medal Kickbacks: REMOVE THEM no, keep them, however, remove the offensive ones and tweak some, so no kickback or hammer, no quickboom, no juggernaut, no sniper, but yes cursed idol and other nice ideas, smoke bomb should be like in Assassin's Creed, where you actually throw a smokebomb on the ground, not just respawn somewhere else, that's weird, also transforming into spiders is weird, I actually enjoy the kickback, but I prefer just releasing spiders that will attack any opponent coming nearby
Boosters: No cheap boosters like Revenge. No levels for boosters. No booster that gives away the enemy's position. No Paid Boosters. no paid boosters indeed, no revenge indeed, leveling boosters is great, however, like I said earlier, makes sure people keep playing for the objective, no situational awereness in any shape or form indeed, and I want to add to that, no fleet foot, I hate fleet foot so much, offensive boosters that aid you in a fight are annoying, remove them...
Grenade Throwback: Remove it but for competitive only. remove them entirely
Emblem Editor: The emblem editor should be as advanced as the one seen in Black Ops 2. sigh... why? this is so unimportant, I think it's good in UC3, I had fun with making one, a more advanced one is completely not needed...
Announcer: Less annoying one this time. Make him (YES, HIM) similar to the Halo one (the best one ever). Better yet, make Kevin Butler the announcer (a man can dream). no announcer at all, make the characters who you play with say the lines, for instance, the character of the player that has the best score in a team should do the lines, so if he plays with Nathan Drake, he should say something like: only 5 kitty's left (from his one-liner 'kitty got wet'
Testing: The game should have extensive pre-launch testing. That way we'll have less weapon balance issues. There should be a big enough period of time between the Open Beta and Launch to allow for changes to MP. agreed
Spectator/Shoutcast Mode: Simply copy everything from Black Ops 2's Spectator Mode. It is perfect. This is a must for Uncharted to be taken seriously as a competitive game. no, just no, I don't want a camera to give away my position when I kill someone, I think it's fine as it is, and I don't want Uncharted to be taken seriously as a competitive game, Uncharted should be fun, nothing else...
Uncharted TV: It should come back because it's a great feature. I think that there should be an official Top 5/10 series made by ND so that there's room for other videos. When uploading videos using the Share button, there should be a tag option, allowing users to submit their vids to ND. Also, the vids shouldn't only be about Kills. Every week, there should be a different theme like Top Kills, Top Fails, Top Snipes, Top Pistol kills,etc. Players featured in the vids should win prizes. It should have Machimina, Live-streams and other community content. I hate top snipes and stuff, who not top BBQ's or something, or at least something that's funny... anyway, what I really would like is a friends only Uncharted TV, that would be perfect, for instance I upload clips and my friends can see and look for it while playing with me or without me in Uncharted on Uncharted TV, no more uploading, sending and downloading cinema files just to show your friends something, Uncharted TV this way would be so awesome!
Official Tournaments: Along with my suggestions that make Uncharted more competitive, I think that ND should host official competitive tournaments for Uncharted 4. E-Sports has proven to be really popular (look at games like LoL,Dota 2,BO2) and are pretty much free advertisement for the games. I think that there should be major LAN tournaments every three months that could have online qualifiers and be live streamed on the PS4's front page. Those should have big prize pools and big production values. The 2013 CoD Championships are a great example. I don't care, people should play real sports like soccer or something, and games are for fun and good times with friends, **bleep** e-sports...
Downloadable Content: I think Downloadable content should return as it's a great way to extend the game. With the fact that we are paying to play online, along with all the microtansactions, I think that all map packs should be free. That way, the player population won't be split like in Uncharted 3. As for the packs themselves, I have two suggestions.
-Suggestion 1: DLC packs are released every 3 month. Packs contain 3 competitive maps and 1 Survival maps.
-Suggestion 2: New DLC every month. alternating between 2 MP maps and 1 Survival maps. (that's my preferred suggestion) that's a lot of maps, to much for my taste, the DLC maps were good in Uncharted 2, they were fairly priced and of good quality, I would like more coop support though...
PLAYLISTS (gametypes appear as voting options alongside the maps)
Team Deathmatch (4v4)
-Grenade Launchers only
-Pistols and Grenades only
-Snipers and Pistole only
Multi-Team (4 Teams of 2)
-Grenade Launchers only
-Pistols and Grenades only
-Snipers and Pistole only
-Grenade Launchers only
-Pistols and Grenades only
-Snipers and Pistole only
Team Objective (these gametypes appear as voting options alongside maps, not like TO from UC3) (4v4)
-King of The Hill
The Lab (6v6)
RANKED (Uses ranking system mentioned above. Each playlist has its own rank.)
Team Deathmatch (4v4)
Double Team (2v2)
-King of The Hill
Free-For-All (6FFA) (Counts as victory if you're in the top 3)
Team Objective (4v4)
-King of The Hill
Team Hardcore (4v4)
-Search & Destroy
talk about splitting the player pool... how about only 5 playlists: team deathmatch, elimination, objectives, all competitive and the lab, team deathmatch only has team deathmatch, elimination has only elimination (which needs some tweaks, rounds need to be longer and no situational awereness for everyone the last 30 seconds, ditch that crap already...), objectives has plunder/chain reaction/some other creative new modes (not ones you suggested...), all-competitive has everything and in addition to that funny modes like RPG's only, defender (really weak gun) + BBQ's + melee only (stealth and pull downs/kick offs included), sniper's only (dragon, not t-bolt, I hate the t-bolt, to powerful...), and other funny modes Naughty Dog can come up with, the lab for expirimention!
Co-op should be upped to 4 players. Melee should use the same system as the SP mode. It should also use the advancements from the campaigns and look exactly like it. There should also be an Aggro system, like in Army of Two (without the bar of course). For those who don't know how it works, it means that one or two players could draw the attention of enemies thus getting all the aggro. Meanwhile the third player can flank the enemies. Another example would be if there's Player 1's down, Player 2 could draw the Aggro, letting player 3 revive player one. Aggro is **bleep**, no need for that, keep the AI system as it is and improve a little on it, I think in coop should be a bigger focus on stealth, I would like a stealth mode where you need to take out a set number of NPC's each round (10 rounds, Naughty Dog should place the NPC's at more difficult locations each round, and make patrols harder to figure out each round), also include it in coop adventure, anyway, that's just something I would like
Downed State: In Co-op, when you lose all your health, you become downed. In this state you can't do anything besides hoping somebody will revive you. I think in this state, we should be able to use our secondary weapon to cover our allies while they rush to revive us. Here's situation where I think that would be useful:
Let's say you're downed and an ally rushes to revive you but a choker grabs him. It would be awesome to be able to shoot the choker, allowing your friend to revive you. no, it makes coop easier, if you are uncareful and you get downed, you shouldn't be able to still participate in combat...
Survival 2.0: Survival 2.0 should be a 4-player co-op wave-based mode. When playing a custom-game, the host should be able to save the game, allowing the players to resume at the same point at a later date. It would use the following enemy types:
-Pistols (would start with .45 Defenders, then Para 9 and have Arm Micros)
-Burst enemies (would start with Raffica pistols and then have G-Mals)
-Shotgunners (Pistole, Sawed-Off and then SAS-12, not able to snipe with Shotties anymore)
-Long gunners (AK 47, M9)
-Snipers (Tau Sniper, Dragon Sniper)
-Suicide Bombers eh, no...
Players would start with an AK 47, a 92FS-9mm and two grenades. There would be weapon depots (where you'd buy and mod weapons and buy grenades) and booster/equipment depots (where you'd buy boosters, armor to take more bullets, self revives,etc.). The Players would earn money by killing enemies and completing challenges. Every 4 wave, there should be a challenge (get x headshots, melee kill x enemies, etc.) that players in the team should contribute to. When completing a challenge, players should be rewarded with money, weapons, ammo, etc. There should be a 30 second wait time between each waves to let players refill and set up. That timer should be skippable.
Every tenth wave should be a boss wave. Bosses would be:
-Group of Juggernauts
-Group of Kickback Bosses
After completing a Boss Wave, players would get points as if they had completed a game of Survival. They can then leave and the progress earned after the last boss wave won't count.
After every boss wave, there should be a Djinn transformation given to the enemies when they die with different bonuses:
-Wave 11: More health since they transform after dying (Djinn with yellow fire)
-Wave 21: Bonus of previous wave + 2x more accurate (Djinn with yellow/orange fire)
-Wave 31: Bonus of previous waves + 2x more damage (Djinn with orange fire)
-Wave 41: Even more health, 2.5 x health, accuracy and damage (Djinn with red fire)
If a player dies, he has the option to wait until the end of the wave or buy himself back into the game. If all the players are dead at the same time then the game ends.
Finally, allow us to choose which faction to use in this mode. no more Djinn crap, shade survival was awful, the only thing they have to fix in coop, is making it like in UC2, where that if you die, you have to wait till the next round, and unlimited rounds would be nice + the stealth like I said earlier
Survival Maps: The Survival maps shouldn't be the competitive maps because those are built with PvP in mind (camping, spawns,etc...). Instead, Survival should have it's own maps like Zombies in Call of Duty and Firefight in Halo. The enemy faction should depend on the chosen map (mercenaries,pirates,etc.). There should be 4-5 maps at launch. There could also be maps based on other PS games. Here are some examples:
-Sandover Village from Jak and Daxter. Enemies would all wear Jak goggles or something like that (didn't play Jak so I can't think of too much)
-Killzone: Shadow Fall map (chose that because it's a PS4 KZ). Enemies could wear the outfits of their KZ equivalents (regulars wear Helghast trooper armor, snipers wear Helghast infiltrator armor, Juggernauts wear Heavy Trooper armor,etc.)
-Starhawk map. Same as KZ but with Outcast skins.
-Metropolis from Ratchet and Clank
These maps would work very well with the DLC scheme I proposed. seriously no, just no no no no no, keep things into the Uncharted universe, and you can't expect Naughty Dog to make so many maps, the competitive maps for coop are fine, just like they do with current maps in coop, they make some tweaks, to make it work on coop, for instance blocking access to the tower in flooded ruins...
I disagree a lot...
1) Quad splitscreen to help the player pool. There will be much less PS4 consoles than PS3 consoles for many years. Also, don't forget that Sony wouldn't mind selling more DS4 controllers. only quad splitscreen in customs though, I don't like splitscreeners online, a party of 2 split screeners is annoying enough to have in your team
2) Mercenary for lone wolfs. Splitscreeners will NOT be able to join solo playlists. that just unnecassarily splits the player pool, also no free 4 all, Uncharted is all about having fun and teamwork
3) Few consolidated playlists (like in TLOU MP), but many modes in each playlist. exactly
4) Ping filter toggle or strictly ping-based matchmaking. the second yes, no toggles
5) Hire competent coders from IW/Treyarch/DICE. only for the net-code, not for the design, I hate those boring FPS's, however, do not make Robert Cogburn the lead multiplayer guy, please not him, make whoever made Uncharted 2 (and didn't ruin it with the patches) the lead multiplayer guy
6) Aiming > blindfiring. exactly
7) More stopping power when aiming. a little, yes
8) No silly nerfs based on community's whims. exactly
9) Free DLC maps (KZ: SF says hi!) I don't know
10) No silly meta system (UC3 rare treasures or TLOU's clan system). I like treasures, but don't make it luckbased, make them drop on enemy's when killing them in a certain way (bbq, pull down, stealth kill, a certain weapon, headshots, kill from zipline, etc. and in coop unlock the treasures by completing certain objectives, for instance each map on crushing or something, or completing it without dying, or not getting that statue in the monastary get hit (just as an example), just throwing around ideas her, the treasures are fine, but don't make them luckbased!
11) No tournament nonsense. exactly, throw it out of the window and jump on it, set it on fire and lock the ash in a safe and make the tournament designer eat the key...
12) No 3TDM/FFA (Mercenary should be enough). no 3TD, no FFA, no mercenary
13) No McDonalds playground customization. exactly
14) Bans should be issued on the PS+ account to prevent alt abuse. exactly
15) XMB invites (like in TLOU MP) and the ability to join a friend's lobby through them without any penalty. disagree, if you have good friends then they should have the patients to wait 10 minutes for you to end the match, people will only abuse this system...
16) Allow players to back out (like in TLOU MP) if they want, but make sure that no party splits are caused by that. no, no quitters, punish those guys
17) Disable XMB sign out while playing online games (this is for Sony). they could just pull the plug of their internet, you'll never fix it that way
18) No leaderboards/stat cards at all. now that is a way to fix it indeed
19) Quad Co-op. 2 / 3 person coop is enough, if you are with 4 players, go party up in 2 parties of 2...
20) Co-op Campaign or more Co-op chapters. NO COOP CAMPAIGN, don't ruin the single player, single player and multiplayer should always be 2 seperate things, more coop chapters is fine...
21) 1080p remastered UC2/UC3 Competitive maps & UC2/UC3 Co-op Adventure maps (free & included on the disc). can't say no to that
22) A closed PS+ beta for 1 week and then a Summer 2014 beta (open for everyone) for 4 months! 4 MONTHS? O_o
23) The ability to see milliseconds instead of bars (make it a toggle -> bars or ms or bars & ms). not so much toggles please, but ms instead of bars are ok
24) F2P from day 1 (people are gonna whine about PS+, so give them a way to play). I don't think that's going to happen...
25) Glitch-free cinema mode and the ability to save cinema files in a USB stick. why not
26) Spectator mode and more options in Custom Game. no spectator mode in public matches, an option to have it in custom matches is fine by me...
27) An option to late join friends. ditch late join entirely and punish quitters as much as possible
28) See who's in a friend's party. exactly
29) Boosters should be upgraded automatically based on a XP system (like in TLOU MP). UC3 boosters promoted boosting/farming. it indede promoted farming, but I think they should just tweak it so that people keep playing for the objective, instead of going to boost the boosters, for instance, there is nothing wrong with leveling beast mode, is there?
30) 1080p remastered Rika Raja! All Uncharted universe related skins should be available in UC4 MP and rendered in high quality. why not
31) Trophies should be achievable, skill-based (not luck-based) and they should not promote boosting/farming or hindering your team. exactly
32) No Legacy system and no Level 80 (aka UC2 MP's levelling) either. lvl 70 would be the sweet spot in my opinion, but indeed, no more legacy!
33) No missions. yes missions, add rewards and don't make the timer count down during searching for players
34) No party splits. exactly
35) IPv6 support for future proofness. wut?
36) No Hunter I like hunter, improve it!
37) Separated Co-op Arena modes (like in UC2 MP). exactly
38) MP install or the ability to cache the entire disc. agreed, I hope we can install all our games on the HDD, runs much better
39) No silly skins (i.e. Capture Trooper, Nathan Hale) that don't belong in the Uncharted universe. exactly!!!
40) No dead body glitch. exactly
41) Don't cater to laggers. laggers don't excist (ok, ok, I know they do excist, but it's not that big of a problem as you guys say it is)
42) Toned down lag compensation and no retroactive kills. what's retroactive kills?
43) The ability to disable VoIP (voice chat) altogether (if the game is p2p). what's VoIP?
44) no sprinting
45) no offensive kickbacks
46) no rate of fire and accuracy
47) better maps than UC3, make more interesting ones, use some creativity!
48) fix climbing, it's clunky
49) remove the delay on aiming while hanging
50) expand buddy system, it's awesome
ps: I'll keep editing this post to add more ideas.
1) The point of splitscreen is to help the player pool, aka pubs. What's the point of being Custom-exclusive?
2) Mercenary is needed, otherwise people will just spam the forums.
15) Friends > Randumbs.
16) Backing out via an official feature made by ND is not the same thing as quitting mid-match.
17) Pulling out the plug/turning off the console/ejecting the disc cause mechanical stress. XMB sign out doesn't have any drawbacks.
22) Starhawk MP/Dust 514 say hi!
24) You'll be proven wrong. PS4 will embrace new business models.
27) No late join = say hello to lopsided matches!
33) Missions are stupid. They hinder your team (i.e. Raffica kills).
35) Google/Wikipedia is your friend.
42) Google "Lazarus' resurrection".
43) VoIP = voice chat -_-
44) I don't mind sprinting if there's decent stopping power.
45) I don't mind offensive kickbacks.
46) I don't mind these mods and I use premodded weapons (No RoF/Accuracy).
1) The point of splitscreen is to help the player pool, aka pubs. What's the point of being Custom-exclusive? yes, but you must not sacrifice anything for a bigger player pool, the problem with splitscreeners is the team balancing, Naughty Dog doesn't know how good a splitscreener is, so they have no idea what that player is capable of, I see a lot of complaining about losing because of splitscreeners, and it annoys me as well, so no way I want to sit in a team with a team of 4 players playing quad splitscreen, do you?
2) Mercenary is needed, otherwise people will just spam the forums. let them spam, I don't care xD
15) Friends > Randumbs. yes, but a good friend is a friend who doesn't care to wait until the match you are in is over, I wait for my friends and I know my friends wait for me, we never quit, because that ruins the match for others...
16) Backing out via an official feature made by ND is not the same thing as quitting mid-match. it's not the same indeed, but I don't want quitters, if it is intended that way by ND or not...
17) Pulling out the plug/turning off the console/ejecting the disc cause mechanical stress. XMB sign out doesn't have any drawbacks. all people that care about their kd-ratio and therefore statquitting are either a bunch of kids that doesn't know it creates mechanical stress or don't care about their parent's router or their own ps3 because dad/mom will buy a new one for them or they are people living in basements without work, getting money from the state and buy a new router/ps3/disc from that money, statquitters care so much about their statistics, they will do anything to not make a bad match count...
22) Starhawk MP/Dust 514 say hi! ok, awesome, just saying, I'm not against a 4 months beta, I was just surprised by it
24) You'll be proven wrong. PS4 will embrace new business models. well, I'm not saying I am right, I just find it difficult to believe
27) No late join = say hello to lopsided matches! not if they punish those quitters hard enough...
33) Missions are stupid. They hinder your team (i.e. Raffica kills). the mission system is not perfect, but I like having additional goals, but like I said, the system needs to be fixed and it needs proper rewards
35) Google/Wikipedia is your friend. saying that is even worse than giving me a wikipedia link
42) Google "Lazarus' resurrection". do I have to do everything myself xD (oh, I know I am not good at googling, but I can only find about the bible story about Lazarus, so I have still no clue what you are talking about, don't be so cryptic )
43) VoIP = voice chat -_- oh, my bad xD
44) I don't mind sprinting if there's decent stopping power. sprinting is just not nescessary in the game, it ruins the flow of the game, it looks bad, it ruins my left analog stick, I hate it...
45) I don't mind offensive kickbacks. I do, I hate quickboom the most, the others are ok, but I prefer to see them gone...
46) I don't mind these mods and I use premodded weapons (No RoF/Accuracy). I do mind them, and so do many others
50) Agreed. good