May 14 2017
By: dandins Splicer 54 posts

The proof that Ranked Team Death Match is basically misprogrammed

49 replies 671 views Edited 2 weeks ago

I think its well known that the UC4 Ranked TDM System is one of the most (if not THE most) gamer frustrating competitive ranking game that was ever released. ND has adjusted some things to solve it and i wonder if the know that the game is actually still completly broken.

And after tons of people posting and complaining about it .. naughty dog / sony seems to ignore the issues from ground up. We still see multiplayer updates releasing so I ask my myself "who in hell is the ignorant and incapable developer that causes all this frustration and hate?". 

Being a superior player worths nothing in this game if you want to rank up. The game itself decides who can rank up and who not and its proofed (see following).

You will come to point when you realize that its technically not possible to rank up any further as the game is basically "blocking" you for ranking up. You can theoretically play like god and kill all 40 enemys by your own and dont ever die but you will be punished with -6 Points.

Following example:

Platin Rank I:

You get 10+30 Points for a superior gameplay if your team wins.

Same time you get -6 Points (-18 and + 12) if you play exactly the same way (superior) but having a skillless players in your team that causes a team loose. 

I recorded the following picture when i noticed that the game is continues to put me into random groups of skillless players.

40 Points if equal to -6 regarding the quality on your gameplay. The games is acutally punishing you for playing superior and it continues by bringing the worst players into your game over and over again. The last game was a -6 by the way. Another supirior game where i was totally punished. I realized its technically not possible to actually rank up.

YES: its not possible! The game/ naughty dog is pranking you!

The games software actually descides if it lets you rank up or not. You cant affect it with your skill. Thats fact. And you ask yourself: who are the pseude clever people behind this code?

You have to keep in mind that its a ton harder to play supirior when you have a bunch of idiots in your team cause the "play together" aspect totally gets lost. Theres nobody watching your back - you permanently confronted with 2-3 enemys while you buddy run around like lemmings.

IMG_1467.jpg

Those people who actually reach master/diamond are actually not "better" players.. they are just those who are lucky to benefit from the worst gamecode ever.

This makes it even worst for those players because it continues to doesnt really make you proud when reaching master. Its just a question of endurance.

I've send this problems to anyone at naughty dog or sony - nobody seems to listen - nobody wants to listen.

All you can do is stop purchasing naughty dog coins till the finally solved this. Punish them for punishing you!

Message 1 of 50 (671 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Re: The proof that Ranked Team Death Match is basically misprogrammed

2 weeks ago
Do you think i am "lucky" for reaching master every season😂
Message 2 of 50 (663 Views)
Sackboy
565 posts

2 weeks ago

I used to say, you need to be lucky, but you are right about it. It is difficult enough to achieve about 2000 points or more in a bad team, but at the end you only prevent loosing moore points. Without luck, it goes on and on. My longest negative streak were 11 losses, 10 s-rankings in a row, 1. places in a row. Instead of beeing rewarded i was loosing points. My only hope at this point is party- non party- matchmaking. And yes, there are master who are not that good, but got lucky. And yes, there are master who are only in their team good. 

Message 3 of 50 (657 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

2 weeks ago

@StevieG_NR-9 No, you play very well and it helps, but there is a point. I say it again, please make party- non party- matchmaking ND. 

Message 4 of 50 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

2 weeks ago

well some of us have the time to just "suck it up" and continue over and over again till the game finally lets you reach master.

Imo you should at least get no punishment for playing good. In that case you are not the responsable for the team loss.

I know the world is not perfect or fair - but a game could be.

All in all I think the devs just want to strech the time to reach master but this is the wrong way as you loose your progress all the time. 

psychologically not a good game cuz frust and hate doesnt really motivates you to continue that game.

This causes new players to leave the game..

Message 5 of 50 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

2 weeks ago
when i played solo to master i used Hs and revive pak and cintamani and you have to average 13-15 downs and 10 revives. That is usually enough and always keep your deaths below 7. And if possible party up with max 1 friend it really helps but if youre solo you need to do what i mentioned
Message 6 of 50 (647 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

2 weeks ago

holy sh***. I thought they allready nuked this party-non party RTDM matchmaking?! Its still possible to mathc random with a party?!

I've read somewhere that this it not possible anymore - was the only reason i started ranked team death match again.

Knowing that i'll quit this **bleep** again. Every human being with a tiny amount of brain knowns that this is more than unfair if you want to create a meaningfull ranking.

Message 7 of 50 (643 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

2 weeks ago

@dandins The matchmaking is a big problem. Party- non party- matchmaking. 

Message 8 of 50 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

2 weeks ago

Is there a new list of rules how rank works now, I did the first 3 seasons and stopped because of the time it takes to matchmake as a solo player. Sometimes it was an hour but now I've started again this season and did my qualifier and get Gold 3 but now I have no idea how the point system works and the write up has been removed from the unchartedthegame.com website. 

Message 9 of 50 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

2 weeks ago

@scenenz Good news, as a solo-player the matchmaking takes not that long. The new system claims to be more like a individual scoring. But you have to win as always to gain points. So, kill em all and dont dieSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 50 (580 Views)
0 Likes