Aug 10 2012
By: Watanabe_ugo Wastelander 729 posts

The infamous Unlucky medal and the Objectives modes medals

11 replies 263 views Edited Aug 10, 2012

I know this has been discussed already tons of times but what do you think of it?

Do you feel bad when you get it? Do you quit the game just because of it?

I receive tons of Unluckies especially on Plunder or TO, I usually don't play TDM but i think on those modes the medal is kinda stupid.

I am doing the objective like taking the idol to my base and i die 5 times doing so but i score, oh and i get an Unlucky for that.

My suggestion would be to merely change the name of the medal on TO and Plunder, why unlucky? The objective on those modes isn't to get kills but to score the idol or get turfs etc.

In TDM is fine but in TO and Plunder maybe another name?

Anyway it isn't a bid of a deal since you get 2 medal for dying 5 times and kiling one player after that, and there are few medals on those modes.

I would like more medals for those modes like Furry medal oh wait, scrap that, something like win 5-0 or scoring 4 in a row (that way it would count for your kickback) or in TO something like score 50 points or win 2 rounds in a row, that would be nice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 12 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7586 posts

Re: The infamous Unlucky medal and the Objectives modes medals

Aug 10, 2012

I'm fine with getting an Unlucky in TO or Plunder. It means that I get medals even though I'm not killing in a non deathmatch mode, which is great, and then when I do get a kill I also get a comeback for another free medal. So for doing the Objective I get 2 medals. Fine with me. I could care less what they call it since everyone knows what it's for.

Message 2 of 12 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Aug 10, 2012

It should be removed from Obj game modes. But not because I feel sad or embarrassed when I get one.

Rather, because the threat of that Medal might scare some loser from playing the game mode the right way. We should try to remove things that prevent players from doing the objective, and we should provide incentives for playing the right way.

A good incentive would be Treasure Drops for Idol scores, for example.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 3 of 12 (243 Views)
Wastelander
423 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

I've never seen a problem with getting the medal and I say this as someone who has like 250 of them thanks to Plunder/Team Objective. I do what I have to do to try and win the objective, even if it means sacrificing myself especially when you have randoms who just won't help.

Message 4 of 12 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Aug 10, 2012

I have more than 220 Unlucky-medals.

I do not have a problem with Unlucky. It is just a medal; it is supposed to help me so I can get my kickback faster, you know. 

Why should ND change the medal-name for other game-modes? It actually fits the name. You are really unlucky when you die 5-time without killing anyone.

Because it makes you feel better? Nah, just deal with it. Smiley Wink

[SnYp]-Clan
Message 5 of 12 (226 Views)
Wastelander
729 posts

Aug 10, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

It should be removed from Obj game modes. But not because I feel sad or embarrassed when I get one.

Rather, because the threat of that Medal might scare some loser from playing the game mode the right way. We should try to remove things that prevent players from doing the objective, and we should provide incentives for playing the right way.

A good incentive would be Treasure Drops for Idol scores, for example.

You got a point.

I don't have problem with Unluckies,  when i first played the game it was different but right now I am fine with it still maybe a change of name only for TO and Plunder would be nice, something like "Sacrifice" or something along those lines

I do think Plunder and TO are lacking on especific mode medals

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 12 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Aug 10, 2012

All my unluckies (4) from Plunder or TO.

Message 7 of 12 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Aug 10, 2012
I can't even remember when I got my last unlucky in a public match. It was probably in November. Unlucky medal should be removed from non-deathmatch modes.
Message 8 of 12 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4356 posts

Aug 10, 2012
If it gets me money, it's okay.
Message 9 of 12 (141 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Ahh, i dont care about it in Plunder or OBJ, because it's pretty easy to die. But in TDM, if its no power weapons, Unlucky's do really make you step your game up. I remember that day in the Cave in a custom friendly i got 1. Everyone was blindfiring and i was trying to aim, for shame lol

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - xxpur3zer0xx
Message 10 of 12 (131 Views)
0 Likes