Reply
Splicer
Registered: 07/20/2012
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: The Awkward Multiplayer Moments You Love?

Apr 22, 2013

cmon, i know there r a lot more...
please share everybody

Example 
When someone starts a thread n nobody replies lol


but we are talking about the game here

Message 11 of 26 (1,990 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: The Awkward Multiplayer Moments You Love?

Apr 22, 2013

How about that awkward moment when get the last kill in a round of Elimination and it's a treasure?
Then, there's also that awkward moment when you pull someone down in maps like City Brass or Highrise and lose your treasures.

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 12 of 26 (1,987 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: The Awkward Multiplayer Moments You Love?

Apr 22, 2013

For me its activating a Mega Bomb and killing 3 team mates and no enemy's. 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 13 of 26 (1,981 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 10/18/2010
Offline
685 posts
 

Re: The Awkward Multiplayer Moments You Love?

Apr 22, 2013

@Black_MID…

 

Those awkward treasure moments are so frustrating!  Another patch candidate (or more likely something they might/should fix in a future UC game):

 

  1. Please, change the code to make the treasure  pickup automatic in those cases (the preferred option).
  2. OR..simply have no treasure drop in those cases where there is no possibility of picking it up.  It’s unusually cruel to know that there is a treasure that you have no chance of recovering.

If neither of those is technically feasible (or prohibitively difficult to code), then make treasure pickup automatic in all cases.

 

Message 14 of 26 (1,483 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: The Awkward Multiplayer Moments You Love?

Apr 22, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

@Black_MID…

 

Those awkward treasure moments are so frustrating!  Another patch candidate (or more likely something they might/should fix in a future UC game):

 

  1. Please, change the code to make the treasure  pickup automatic in those cases (the preferred option).
  2. OR..simply have no treasure drop in those cases where there is no possibility of picking it up.  It’s unusually cruel to know that there is a treasure that you have no chance of recovering.

If neither of those is technically feasible (or prohibitively difficult to code), then make treasure pickup automatic in all cases.

 


Yup. Definitely some exasperating stuff right there.
This one time, I managed to get my treasure just as it was about to fall down along with the enemy's body. Apparently, it's possible if you press triangle at just the right time. Still, ND should address this type of stuff.

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 15 of 26 (1,367 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: The Awkward Multiplayer Moments You Love?

Apr 22, 2013

Black_MiD wrote:

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

@Black_MID…

 

Those awkward treasure moments are so frustrating!  Another patch candidate (or more likely something they might/should fix in a future UC game):

 

  1. Please, change the code to make the treasure  pickup automatic in those cases (the preferred option).
  2. OR..simply have no treasure drop in those cases where there is no possibility of picking it up.  It’s unusually cruel to know that there is a treasure that you have no chance of recovering.

If neither of those is technically feasible (or prohibitively difficult to code), then make treasure pickup automatic in all cases.

 


Yup. Definitely some exasperating stuff right there.
This one time, I managed to get my treasure just as it was about to fall down along with the enemy's body. Apparently, it's possible if you press triangle at just the right time. Still, ND should address this type of stuff.

 


How about treasures not picked up will instantly go to you, no matter what, but you don't get a count towards the treasure-picking-up medal (Acquisition).

 

Meaning, there's still incentive to picking it up (ie getting a medal for it), but there's no drawback for when it falls off.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 16 of 26 (1,048 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/18/2010
Offline
685 posts
 

Re: The Awkward Multiplayer Moments You Love?

Apr 22, 2013

Any improvement would be welcome. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 26 (660 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: The Awkward Multiplayer Moments You Love?

Apr 22, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

Any improvement would be welcome. Smiley Happy


Sadly, we're a little too late. Isn't TLOU releasing next month? There's no way ND will ditch their upcoming name to address issues in a game over 1 year old.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 18 of 26 (564 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/21/2011
Offline
1943 posts
 

Re: The Awkward Multiplayer Moments You Love?

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

That moment when you're about to lose a head up gunfight on London Underground, meanwhile the train is coming and splats your opponent like a bug.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 26 (293 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7859 posts
 

Re: The Awkward Multiplayer Moments You Love?

Apr 22, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

That moment when you're about to lose a head up gunfight on London Underground, meanwhile the train is coming and splats your opponent like a bug.


That train has the worst timings... Especially since those tracks are a major hotspot for plunder and TO and can really screw over the villians...

Hello everyone! I’m Scott Lowe, the newest addition to the community team at Naughty Dog. As a longtime fan of the studio, it’s an absolute dream come true to work alongside the developers here and immerse myself in our amazing player community. It’s week two for me, so I’ve got a ton left to learn and get up to speed on. Nonetheless, I plan on posting on the forums as much as possible. You can also hit me up on Twitter, @ScottLowe, whether it’s to talk about games, the studio, or exchange GIFs. Beware, my GIF game is strong. -ND-ScottLowe
Message 20 of 26 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes