Jan 05 2012
By: ccarlsen Monster Hunter 28 posts

Fastest way to get Co-op Arena treasure

325 replies 7170 views Edited Jan 5, 2012

Hello everyone,

This thread is going to show you how to get a huge amount of kills and as a result a huge amount of treasure drops in Co-op Arena. There have been a couple of strategies suggested in other threads but we believe what we have found is the most effective and consistent way to get treasures in Co-op Arena. There's no special way to increase drop rate, there's no power weapon that will help and it's nothing to do with timing. If you want treasure, you gotta get kills...a lot of kills!

Video

Some people had asked for a video to see how it's done, here's an example game of me and my friends doing it. In this game we got 32 treasures.

By the way, it should be noted that for the video i obviously edited it with the best parts so it's more entertaining to watch. You will not always get drops so often or close to eachother. Sometime we have had to go more than 10 minutes without a drop, but eventually it will happen.

How to

1. Match settings

To get started, create a custom game and select Chateau as the map. For the difficulty, select Crushing (It could work equally well on other difficulties, hasn't been confirmed yet though). It can be done with 2 or 3 players, we recommend 3 players for maximum effectiveness!

2. Siege in round 1

The next step is to get Siege as the first mode. If it's anything else, quit and restart until you get Siege. Once you have Siege on round 1 you need to check the capture territory is behind where you spawned. There's 3 possible territories in Siege on Chateau, as long as it's not the one in front of you as you initially spawn by M-32 Hammer and cars you are good to go. If you get the territory in front of you, kill yourselves and reset the territory until it's behind you.

3. Flipping the spawn

Now that you have the correct Siege territory, head over to it and kill 7 enemies, this is important, kill 7 enemies so you have 18 remaining in the bottom right corner. What you will notice is that once it hits 18, the enemies will start spawning on the other side by the M-32 Hammer and cars, so all players run over there!

4. Controlling the spawn points

The enemies will now start spawning in 3 different places, each player has to take a different spawn point and control it. Use the diagram I have created below to see where each spawn point is.

spawns.jpg

5. Kill, kill, kill...

An infinite amount of enemies will drop down from these areas and all you and your buddies have to do is stand there and kill them as they drop down. What's so good about this strategy is you are playing on round 1 so only easy enemies will spawn. The huge pile of bodies in front of you also means you never run out of ammo. Essentially the game will never end as you are playing outside the Siege territory so the kills don't count down, but enemies still drop treasure.

Tips

• Buy all the mods for you AK so you have better accuracy and more ammo.
  • The Pistole is a really effective weapon for this. Pistole ammo is dropped by the enemies with an orange vest on.
  • Me and my friends usually play until we have 1000 kills each (3000 total kills), and then end the game by killing ourselves. But that's just because we are paranoid that one of our PS3's will freeze and we will lose all our treasures, in theory you could do this all day! In a game with 3000 kills we will usually have collected around 40 treasures, sometimes more sometimes less. Better than going through a whole Arena game and getting 0 drops wouldn't you say?
  • Don't stand too close to where the enemies drop down, then they won't spawn!
  • Have your volume on high or look over at your buddies once in a while to make sure you don't miss any dropped treasures.
  • Use Team Medic as your kickback, although you won't be getting any medals from your kills, it's the only useful kickback for this strategy as you won't have to run over to your buddies if they go down.

This strategy was found by MaDetho and ccarlsen, if you have questions feel free to send a message here or on PSN.

Message 50 of 326 (7,170 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Fastest way to get Co-op Arena treasure

Jan 3, 2012

Sounds good! Do you also get rare treasures by following this method or only duplicates?

I'm looking forward to the video!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 1 of 326 (7,169 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jan 3, 2012

You get rare treasures too, but mostly duplicates. It depends on how many you have i guess. I have about 18 treasures left to collect and out of the average of 40 treasures per game maybe 1-3 are new ones, rest are duplicates.

It's still the fastest way though i think

Message 2 of 326 (7,169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
600 posts

Jan 3, 2012

That is a very clever way to earn treasure. Kudos, er, um, likes? Whatever...

I might just have to try this for a few hours or so.

Message 3 of 326 (7,169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4237 posts

Jan 3, 2012

I'll wait for the video because I suck at following worded instructions (>_<)

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 4 of 326 (7,169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Jan 3, 2012

ccarlsen wrote:

Me and my friends usually play until we have 1000 kills each

Oh my god, that's just absurd... Btw are those kills counted to your stats?

And +1 and thanks.

Message 5 of 326 (7,169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
430 posts

Jan 3, 2012

i would like to try this method with some competent players

add me

and also look forward to seeing this as a video tutorial

since this sounds much more do able than the other method that was posted

...I'm The Japanese Guy In The Suit
Message 6 of 326 (7,169 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jan 3, 2012

Oliivi wrote:

ccarlsen wrote:

Me and my friends usually play until we have 1000 kills each

Oh my god, that's just absurd... Btw are those kills counted to your stats?

And +1 and thanks.

Yep, they count toward your co-op kills statistics, you don't get money or medals for the kills because you are outside of the Siege area. So this is only useful for getting kills and treasures

Message 7 of 326 (7,168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 3, 2012

Oooh, nice. I'll try this tonight hopefully. You said get a seige behind you, does it matter which one? There is the one that is on the stairs and another that is closer to where the RPG spawns.

Message 8 of 326 (7,168 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jan 3, 2012

OliviaDei wrote:

Oooh, nice. I'll try this tonight hopefully. You said get a seige behind you, does it matter which one? There is the one that is on the stairs and another that is closer to where the RPG spawns.

Yeah sorry, I should have explained better.

There's one territory where RPG is, then one close to that one with the stairs going up. Those are both ok. It's only if it's the one by Hammer, then it won't work.

Message 9 of 326 (7,168 Views)
0 Likes