Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Bring Back Hardcore

Mar 26, 2013
I'd work like how Objective worked in UC2, soo.....

Museum- HC
Yemen - Classic
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 41 of 48 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
7843 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Also note I never got into UC2, I only played for like a weekend then stopped. For I only rented the game. So I actually don't know how that works.

Hello everyone! I’m Scott Lowe, the newest addition to the community team at Naughty Dog. As a longtime fan of the studio, it’s an absolute dream come true to work alongside the developers here and immerse myself in our amazing player community. It’s week two for me, so I’ve got a ton left to learn and get up to speed on. Nonetheless, I plan on posting on the forums as much as possible. You can also hit me up on Twitter, @ScottLowe, whether it’s to talk about games, the studio, or exchange GIFs. Beware, my GIF game is strong. -ND-ScottLowe
Message 42 of 48 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Of course, sorry,

Voting screen would be this:

Museum -HC
Yemen -Classic

Elimination might show later.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 43 of 48 (368 Views)
Last Guardian
7843 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I wouldn't want to gamble on playing between the modes I like/dislike Smiley Frustrated already have to put up with that in TO with Deathmatch and in co-op arena...

Hello everyone! I’m Scott Lowe, the newest addition to the community team at Naughty Dog. As a longtime fan of the studio, it’s an absolute dream come true to work alongside the developers here and immerse myself in our amazing player community. It’s week two for me, so I’ve got a ton left to learn and get up to speed on. Nonetheless, I plan on posting on the forums as much as possible. You can also hit me up on Twitter, @ScottLowe, whether it’s to talk about games, the studio, or exchange GIFs. Beware, my GIF game is strong. -ND-ScottLowe
Message 44 of 48 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Extra modes would kinda kill the modes more than it would help them, bro.
Message 45 of 48 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
7843 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I agree that extra modes is crazy. I'm not saying it was a good idea to literally have 10 different game modes in UC3. I can kinda agree on co-op being grouped together entirely and having the people decide what to pick themselves seeing as most people play together anyway, but grouping competitive matches together seems like a bad idea in my opinion no matter how similar they are. Throw them all in custom games sure, but I don't want to be forced to play classic when I want to play elimination, or play hardcore, when I want to play regular TDM, and so on so forth.

Just hopefully for 4, ND picks and chooses only a handful of modes and improves those and doesn't decide to add 5 more later in the lifespan...

Message 46 of 48 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2503 posts

Mar 26, 2013

HC was terrible.  classic is a little less terrible. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 47 of 48 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 26, 2013
That's your opinion. My opinion is that HC got replaced with what seems to me is a crappy version of UC2 TDM.

Although like I said in all the posts I made about HC, they can coexist, so you can keep your UC2 TDM while I keep my bullet sponge TDM.
Message 48 of 48 (197 Views)
0 Likes