Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/06/2012
Offline
362 posts
 

Re: Best sniper 2nd booster slot?

Dec 13, 2012
You'll seem like a moron though
Message 21 of 25 (326 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7845 posts
 

Re: Best sniper 2nd booster slot?

Dec 13, 2012

Well technically daredevil is better than ammo award in almost every way. It gives more ammo + a grenade plus it can  give it to you for every single kill(if you get the taunt) as opposed to ammo award which just gives you 1 clip for every 3 kills and you can't control when you get it so you can end up activating ammo award when you don't really need it.

 

That being said though, ammo award's only instance of being more useful is with sniping while far away and making sure it doesn't activate while using your t-bolt which it probably will 1-2 times everytime you activate it, resulting in a waste of the ammo.

Hello everyone! I’m Scott Lowe, the newest addition to the community team at Naughty Dog. As a longtime fan of the studio, it’s an absolute dream come true to work alongside the developers here and immerse myself in our amazing player community. It’s week two for me, so I’ve got a ton left to learn and get up to speed on. Nonetheless, I plan on posting on the forums as much as possible. You can also hit me up on Twitter, @ScottLowe, whether it’s to talk about games, the studio, or exchange GIFs. Beware, my GIF game is strong. -ND-ScottLowe
Message 22 of 25 (322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Best sniper 2nd booster slot?

Dec 14, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

Well technically daredevil is better than ammo award in almost every way. It gives more ammo + a grenade plus it can  give it to you for every single kill(if you get the taunt) as opposed to ammo award which just gives you 1 clip for every 3 kills and you can't control when you get it so you can end up activating ammo award when you don't really need it.

 

That being said though, ammo award's only instance of being more useful is with sniping while far away and making sure it doesn't activate while using your t-bolt which it probably will 1-2 times everytime you activate it, resulting in a waste of the ammo.


What do you mean activate? I mean, don't people need ammo all the time?

 

Anyway, Daredevil is a lot riskier. Besides the "I can't reach him problem", when you taunt someone, they'll think that "IT'S ON **bleep**".

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 23 of 25 (308 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7845 posts
 

Re: Best sniper 2nd booster slot?

Dec 14, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Well technically daredevil is better than ammo award in almost every way. It gives more ammo + a grenade plus it can  give it to you for every single kill(if you get the taunt) as opposed to ammo award which just gives you 1 clip for every 3 kills and you can't control when you get it so you can end up activating ammo award when you don't really need it.

 

That being said though, ammo award's only instance of being more useful is with sniping while far away and making sure it doesn't activate while using your t-bolt which it probably will 1-2 times everytime you activate it, resulting in a waste of the ammo.


What do you mean activate? I mean, don't people need ammo all the time?

 

Anyway, Daredevil is a lot riskier. Besides the "I can't reach him problem", when you taunt someone, they'll think that "IT'S ON **bleep**".


get 2 kills, die, respawn get 1 kill, good job you replenished the 5 bullets you wasted.

 

Not to mention you can activate ammo award while holding a power weapon, which will do nothing. I'm not saying ammo award doesn't have its uses, and in this case I will choose it over daredevil, but daredevil is still the better option in most cases.

Hello everyone! I’m Scott Lowe, the newest addition to the community team at Naughty Dog. As a longtime fan of the studio, it’s an absolute dream come true to work alongside the developers here and immerse myself in our amazing player community. It’s week two for me, so I’ve got a ton left to learn and get up to speed on. Nonetheless, I plan on posting on the forums as much as possible. You can also hit me up on Twitter, @ScottLowe, whether it’s to talk about games, the studio, or exchange GIFs. Beware, my GIF game is strong. -ND-ScottLowe
Message 24 of 25 (305 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Best sniper 2nd booster slot?

Dec 14, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Well technically daredevil is better than ammo award in almost every way. It gives more ammo + a grenade plus it can  give it to you for every single kill(if you get the taunt) as opposed to ammo award which just gives you 1 clip for every 3 kills and you can't control when you get it so you can end up activating ammo award when you don't really need it.

 

That being said though, ammo award's only instance of being more useful is with sniping while far away and making sure it doesn't activate while using your t-bolt which it probably will 1-2 times everytime you activate it, resulting in a waste of the ammo.


What do you mean activate? I mean, don't people need ammo all the time?

 

Anyway, Daredevil is a lot riskier. Besides the "I can't reach him problem", when you taunt someone, they'll think that "IT'S ON **bleep**".


get 2 kills, die, respawn get 1 kill, good job you replenished the 5 bullets you wasted.

 

Not to mention you can activate ammo award while holding a power weapon, which will do nothing. I'm not saying ammo award doesn't have its uses, and in this case I will choose it over daredevil, but daredevil is still the better option in most cases.


Ah. So it'll work better if you can be assured you don't die often and that your kickback is something not weapon related (eg Smoke bomb, nades, etc etc)

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 25 of 25 (303 Views)
Reply
0 Likes