First Son
13 posts

KDR breaks the spirit of Deathmatch? That's the only game...

Oct 1, 2011

arne wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Also, it never actually says my k/dr. I could calculate it myself, but I'd expect k/dr to be on a stats page.

We're not showing K/DR on any of our online stats - it encourages breaking the spirit of the game. So we're taking a hard line on this to see if it has any effect.

KDR breaks the spirit of Deathmatch? That's the only game type I play and KDR is my only goal. Making me do the math isn't going to change which part of the game I enjoy.

In fact I've always thought it was dumb that a leaderboard for a (death)match would have someone at the top who went 12-15 and someone else 3rd who went 10-4. The 12-15 guy made his team more likely to lose the match, no matter how many other ways he racked up points.

I get it for other game types. Though I don't really think this will change behavior. Killfarmers gonna killfarm.

Message 11 of 96 (212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

If you REALLY want people to keep the spirit of the game,...

Oct 1, 2011

If you REALLY want people to keep the spirit of the game, give zero cash to the losing team!

:smileyhappy:

Message 12 of 96 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11233 posts

Only one thing:   The skins. :)

Oct 1, 2011

arne wrote:

We have a plan to keep adding a ton of functionality and refresh the design and layout of the graphics, but we're always intrested in hearing what you'd like us to change, update or display differently

Only one thing:

The skins. :smileyhappy:

Message 13 of 96 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

I wish I could give this 1000 kudos.  THANK you for sayin...

Oct 1, 2011

arne wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Also, it never actually says my k/dr. I could calculate it myself, but I'd expect k/dr to be on a stats page.

We're not showing K/DR on any of our online stats - it encourages breaking the spirit of the game. So we're taking a hard line on this to see if it has any effect.

I wish I could give this 1000 kudos.  THANK you for saying this, and I hope you stick with it.   

Message 14 of 96 (212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Objective VS. Deathmatch

Oct 1, 2011

In the spirit of maintaining the teamwork in-game as the goal, are you guys planning on adding a section to breakdown success witinh objective rounds?  A breakdown by gametype would actually make sense for those who WANT to only play deathmatch or like myself, who really only play objective.

IF there were a breakdown, then we could see our strengths in different rounds of objectives, and avoid seeing stats that we don't really follow anyway.

Message 15 of 96 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

GAMES/MUTED   That means how many games u played altogeth...

Oct 1, 2011

GAMES/MUTED

That means how many games u played altogether, and how much u played with muted headset...

I got 6 muted games from 28 Matches altogether, depending on the game mode i mute my headset from time to time between matches,

In my opinion not really a "necessary" stat, but i guess there´s more to come regarding some "match statistics" :smileytongue:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UC2 COOP-RANK: TOP 300 Worldwide

UC3 COOP-RANK: TOP 100 Worldwide

Feel Free 2 Add me !!

Midnight-Tonic
Message 16 of 96 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

FUNNY STATS !!!

Oct 1, 2011

FUNNY STATS !!!

"Take the time to break out the calculator. "

--> Time Played "13704 Sec"

Uffff...i think this number should be at least display in minutes, what u think?? :smileyvery-happy:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UC2 COOP-RANK: TOP 300 Worldwide

UC3 COOP-RANK: TOP 100 Worldwide

Feel Free 2 Add me !!

Midnight-Tonic
Message 17 of 96 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16345 posts

Thanks for getting the stats up so quick. Still would p...

Oct 1, 2011

Thanks for getting the stats up so quick.

Still would prefer to see the entire match summary.  If i can... where is it...

I don't like the scroll-down requirement.  I like everything in one screen.  But I do like the graphics which show numbers when mouse-over.

Nice touch.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 18 of 96 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

Nice that amount of matches left is being tracked, now I...

Oct 1, 2011

Nice that amount of matches left is being tracked, now I have a reason not to quit :smileytongue:

And a quick question, are we able to check other players stats like with uncharted 2?

Or  I'm missing something, or it just isn't there...

No K/D ratios on statspage is a good decision, definitely!

Message 19 of 96 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

Shouldn't that be posted in the suggestion thread too?

Oct 1, 2011

renatabls wrote:

arne wrote:

We have a plan to keep adding a ton of functionality and refresh the design and layout of the graphics, but we're always intrested in hearing what you'd like us to change, update or display differently

Only one thing:

The skins. :smileyhappy:

Shouldn't that be posted in the suggestion thread too?

Message 20 of 96 (212 Views)
0 Likes