Sackboy
311 posts

Re: The UNCHARTED Caption Contest

Feb 11, 2013

SweetPoison13 wrote:

inigomontoya74 wrote:

Crimsonine wrote:
My entry's not on there? :smileysad:

Mine is not either. SweetPoison, could you please clarify the rules?

As I read the original post in the thread, the "top" five entries are included in the poll. What makes something a top five entry? I would think kudos, but in that case Crimsonine's entry would be up there since it was the only one that received a kudo (from me, actually).

I respectfully suggest that the rules be amended so that the FIRST five entries submitted appear in the poll. That would be more fair. The current process for selecting entries seems entirely arbitrary to me.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into arranging this, SweetPoison.

Suggestions are always welcome and they will certainly be taken into consideration. The rules for this contest exist in their current state so that this contest cannot be exploited by individuals. Right now I screen each entry for content and consider a number of different factors. If your entry doesn’t make it into the poll then simply try again next time and don’t become discouraged by this. These caption contests will not be closing any time soon and there will be plenty of opportunities for your entries to be accepted in the future if you choose to submit some. Modifications to the rules will not be made every time someone disagrees with the poll entries. In many cases, there might be more than 5 solid entries for each caption contest but no more than 5 entries can be accepted and it is impossible to please everyone.

I was unclear about what made something a top five entry. If that just means that you pick your top five personal favorites, as Hielke6991 suggested, then I can live with that. I just assumed it was either based on kudos or first-come, first-served. But I can see how the "first five" approach I suggested could also lead to problems. 

Your contest. Your rules. Thanks for taking the time to reply, SweetPoison. I appreciate it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 251 of 506 (291 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I like how you edited my caption for the contest...  :smileytongue:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Naughty Dog,
__I have sat idly by for too long. You will NOT stand in the way of destiny! I will be in Co-Op Arena!
_____________________________________________Lots of love,
_________________________________________________Lazarevic
Please use plain text.
Message 252 of 506 (257 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11331 posts

Re: The Uncharted Caption Contest

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Top Choice: Matthijs_17’s Entry (31%)

TheStuntDouble’s Entry

Votes: 6

Harold-Da-Man’s Entry

Votes: 7

SLEAZE_IT_UP’s Entry

Votes: 4

Matthijs_17’s Entry

Votes: 9

CaptainNoah’s Entry

Votes: 3

Congratulations, Matthijs_17! You have won the Uncharted caption contest for Week 20.

You will be able to sport our special "Kitty Got Wet" rank for two weeks. Please check your private messages here in the PlayStation Community Forums if you would like to submit an Uncharted image for potential use in an upcoming caption contest.

NOTE: It might take a little while for the rank change to take effect. Please be patient.

Here is the Uncharted image for Week 21:

U2_Chloe+Drake_499x280.png

Please use plain text.
Message 253 of 506 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2600 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Drake: You wanna know how I got these scars?

Chloe: Oh you mean the scars you got when the cops beat you up as you went on a Iram water-induced rampage in the Naughty Dog headquarters? Afterwards getting both of us tossed in this cell?

Drake: Hmm... I was referring to the ones from yesterday where I dropped my soap in the shower but don't blame me for our predicament. You try waiting over a year and half for someone to return just one freaking red sweater!

Sully: You know he never returned your shirt right?

Drake: That does it. Let me airwalk into a deathplane, I can't take this cruel world anymore.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 254 of 506 (220 Views)
Sackboy
311 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Drake: Smell this.

Chloe: Um....no.

Sully: I'll smell it, kid.

(Author's note: Yes. I'm in fourth grade.)

Please use plain text.
Message 255 of 506 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 20, 2013

this is probably the longest caption anyone has ever submitted, but theres no rule about length is there, i dont know, here it is

Drake: ...i keep going over it in my head...i was at the museum, and that one last treasure i ve been looking for for like forever to get that last trophy...i had it (laughs in a half crazed manner) and then suddenly it was all gone...that flynn had to rage quit on me didnt he. who knows when i ll find that treasure again...oh my god what if  i never find it again...**bleep** you ND...

Sully: listen kid, you need to snap out of this crazy completionist thing you got going on because frankly you look like sh!t

Drake: oh thanks sully, you really know how to brighten someones day (!)

Sully: ...and this room of yours is now literally a sh!t hole...goddamn i cant stand in here for another minute (leaves)

Chloe: seriously nate, this (points at the situation) not attractive

Drake: i guess the tv and ps3 could use a wipe

Chloe: seriously nate, i think i m gonna barf

Drake: here, use this (passes the bucket with the poo)

(btw i know hes actually in a cell but that doesnt matter right)

Please use plain text.
Message 256 of 506 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Drake: I challenge you to a shadow puppet contest.

Chloe: What?

Drake: I've been practicing; there's no way you can beat me now!

Chloe: I think this cell is getting to you, Drake.

Sully: Hey kid, wanna see what I've been praticing?

Drake: Stop being a pervert, Sully.

Sully: What? I was just going to say I can aim the Kal-7.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Naughty Dog,
__I have sat idly by for too long. You will NOT stand in the way of destiny! I will be in Co-Op Arena!
_____________________________________________Lots of love,
_________________________________________________Lazarevic
Please use plain text.
Message 257 of 506 (186 Views)
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Feb 21, 2013
U2_Chloe+Drake_499x280.png

Nate: Thanks to you I couldn't tell the fans about my next adventure at the Playstation Meeting!

Chloe: It's really not my fault!

Nate: Is that so? Then why did it took you 3 months to get me out of here, was it that hard to find Sully? If it was, you could have just come here first and ask me where he was, because I knew he was on a vacation to Ibiza.

Chloe: Yes, I knew that too, but he wasn't there!

Sully: She's right, kid. I returned home after 5 days, couldn't stand all the alts...

Please use plain text.
Message 258 of 506 (183 Views)
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Chloe: Sorry guys.

Nate: I TOLD you not to throw the cluster bomb into that room full of teammates! Now look where we are.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Please use plain text.
Message 259 of 506 (166 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11331 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

I’m no longer accepting entries for Week 21. Thanks to everyone who participated in the Uncharted Caption Contest for this week.

NOTE: If you make your caption too long then I may need to edit it down when I create the poll. There is no character limit in the rules right now but if caption length becomes a problem then there might need to be a character limit. This is just something to consider.

Please use plain text.
Message 260 of 506 (145 Views)
0 Likes