Highlighted
Apr 15 2012
By: TiBBHavoK First Son 1 posts

Uncharted - Sanctuary? Crashing

4 replies 920 views Edited Apr 15, 2012

I have repeatly had the PS3 crash on this mission when jumping down at the front of the monastary with the 2 guys with laser sights. After a few seconds the game and my PS3 crashes. The disk is in perfect condition and cleaned to make sure there wasnt any marks.

I have tried restoring file system etc. Please help

Message 1 of 5 (920 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: Uncharted - Sanctuary? Crashing

May 12, 2012

I am having the same exact issue, except it's right after Elaine raises the gate and Drake holds it up for her. I've tried changing discs, deleting and reinstalling game data, loading a friend's game save, etc. So, it has to either be the PS3 or some coding glitch in either the game itself or the update 1.10. I'm going to try to delete game data, play without updating to 1.10, and see if it still crashes.

Message 2 of 5 (920 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 12, 2012

Deleted all updates and same thing still happened. Going ahead to next chapter on friends game save and hoping it won't keep freezing. Will update soon.

Message 3 of 5 (920 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 13, 2012

I have now eliminated all possible causes I can think of with no success. I have played Fallout 3 for hours with no problems so it likely isn't the console itself. Went to the next chapter with the same result; it works until a certain map location at which point it freezes without exception. Can we get a response from Naughty Dog moderators on this? I've seen posts littered all over the Internet going back to 2009. All involve freezing at a certain point and all have apparently gone without resolve. Where's the support for this? This is supposed to be the game of the year?

Message 4 of 5 (920 Views)
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

I've got the same problem. Just started playing last Saturday and my games crashes in the same place as described in OP.

Fixed the problem by doing a system recovery.  

Read the top post in this thread....

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-Drake-s-Fortune/Uncharted-1-freazing/td-p/36623501/...

Message 5 of 5 (838 Views)
0 Likes