Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

I don't judge movies by the original script, I judge them...

Feb 10, 2011

ManThatYouFear wrote:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-10-uncharted-movie-has-sopranos-like-family

what is this **bleep** i just dont understand what the **bleep** he is going on about

Please Naughtydog please help us understand this drivel, yes the fighter is a fantastic movie and bale and wharlberg what AAA in it, that gives them no right to **bleep** this franshise

And ryan sorry, i stopped reading at "resident evil 1 and 2 were decent" no they was **bleep**, please go read the original script (on the internet by the daddy of zombies himself Romero)

I don't judge movies by the original script, I judge them by what I see on the screen.  And I liked what I saw.  You don't have to agree with me, that's fine.  I generally don't go online to read scripts and criticize movie makers based on what they "did wrong"  or left out or whatever.  I think it's a) a useless exercise, and b) one of those elitist things that people do to prove how into film they are. 

And while George A Romero may be the daddy of zombies, he has definitely been out of touch with it since at least the 80's.  Have you seen Diary of the Dead?  Or Survival of the Dead?  All due respect to Romero, his original movie and sequel are timeless classics, but his new zombie movies are BAD.  So I wouldn't really trust his modern scripts. 

/end mini rant. 

Message 11 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

I agree, it could be good, but it'll hurt my heart that i...

Feb 10, 2011

Kaswa101 wrote:

Overall I think it could be a pretty good movie, just not an Uncharted movie. For fans of the series this will end up the same way The Last Airbender did... God, that movie sucked! :smileytongue:

I agree, it could be good, but it'll hurt my heart that it has the Uncharted name attached to it. 

And I didn't even see the original Avatar series, and I still thought The Last Airbender was terrible!  Overly melodramatic overacting and a painfully weak script completely stopped me from enjoying what was otherwise at the very least a "pretty" film in terms of visual effects. 

Message 12 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

So first time post here, so hi.......anyway back on topic...

Feb 10, 2011

So first time post here, so hi.......anyway back on topic  didn't NaughtyDog say that David rang them up about the LA Times interview which first sparked the "Family" thing off and told them he didn't know what they were talking about.

Did he lie to ND or did ND lie to us to calm us down?

Has ND not said anything about this, I always thought they would of kept us up to date with the film by their blog, surley they've seen how many people are hating Russel and his stupid uncharted idea everytime he talks about it

Support Uncharted 4s Classic Mode

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-4-A-Thief-s-End/Uncharted-4-Multiplayer-CLASSIC-MODE-Please-Support/td-p/45451428
Message 13 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Welcome to the forums!  :smileyhappy:   Well apparently R...

Feb 10, 2011

Robsonmonkey wrote:

So first time post here, so hi.......anyway back on topic  didn't NaughtyDog say that David rang them up about the LA Times interview which first sparked the "Family" thing off and told them he didn't know what they were talking about.

Did he lie to ND or did ND lie to us to calm us down?

Has ND not said anything about this, I always thought they would of kept us up to date with the film by their blog, surley they've seen how many people are hating Russel and his stupid uncharted idea everytime he talks about it

Welcome to the forums!  :smileyhappy:

Well apparently Russell was lying or ND was... he's clearly talking about the whole family dynamic here.

And I'm not sure to what extent ND is involved in the film, I'm guessing not much.  Ultimately, Uncharted is owned by Sony, so if they want to allow David O Russell to do whatever he wants with Uncharted as a movie, that's what he'll do it seems.  Just sucks for us fans...

Message 14 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes