Feb 14 2011
By: Hellhound716- Splicer 68 posts

Uncharted Drake's Fortune!

13 replies 38 views Edited Feb 14, 2011

Ok! Hello everybody, Hellhound here, I just re-bought UDF after not having it since release date when it stopped working on me, and boy am I ready to platinum this baby! :smileywink: Any tips for Crushing would be appreciated, and kudos to everyone who has it Platinum already, I look forward to having this game on my platinum list becuase most people i know, even with UC2 AT Plat, have at most 80% of UDF.

Anyways, starting my long and tedious adventure with Drake,

Yours Truly,

Hellhound.

CRYSIS 2!
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Hellhound716-
Message 1 of 14 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Oh also, I didn't get a chance to beat UDF's story before...

Feb 14, 2011

Oh also, I didn't get a chance to beat UDF's story before it stopped working, what is the main Villian/The"Boss" I have to fight at the end. I'm guessing it's Atoq Nevaro?

CRYSIS 2!
Message 2 of 14 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

The boss is....

Feb 14, 2011

**spoiler alert, play the game!!!:smileywink: ** you have to fight at the end. The boss battle is somewhat easy (hint: timing), getting up to the boss battle is **bleep** hard.

Where did you leave off at? Did you even get to the zombies yet?

See this thread for some tips and what to expect: http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/General-Discussion/UDF-on-Crushing/td-p/155885

The box thing really helps in chapter 4, saved me from smashing the game disc or something like that.

Message 3 of 14 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

No offence I want to beat UDF the way I beat UC2 crushing...

Feb 15, 2011

xtr_desert wrote:

**spoiler alert, play the game!!!:smileywink: ** you have to fight at the end. The boss battle is somewhat easy (hint: timing), getting up to the boss battle is **bleep** hard.

Where did you leave off at? Did you even get to the zombies yet?

See this thread for some tips and what to expect: http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/General-Discussion/UDF-on-Crushing/td-p/155885

The box thing really helps in chapter 4, saved me from smashing the game disc or something like that.

No offence I want to beat UDF the way I beat UC2 crushing, without any tips, walkthroughs, ect.

And no, I hadn't faced any "zombies" yet, but thanks for the spoiler, now I know what those Voodoo looking things in the jungle are, :smileysad:
Edit: And everything in shooting games is about timing; you shoot too early, you miss the shot, shoot to late and he'll get you first. Facing Lezaravic; you have to time when to run away, and when to stop and shoot the resin.

CRYSIS 2!
Message 4 of 14 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

huh?

Feb 15, 2011

You wanted tips in your OP and now you don't wany any? interesting. Ok the only tips I have then that will help you is the thread I quoted.

Oh and the *spoiler* arent  *spoiler*, they are **spoiler alert, hope you havent read any more of the UDF forums otherwise this spoiler is all over the threads here, play the game!!:smileywink:**

Message 5 of 14 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

No lol I meant no guides, or walkthroughs. Something like...

Feb 17, 2011

xtr_desert wrote:

You wanted tips in your OP and now you don't wany any? interesting. Ok the only tips I have then that will help you is the thread I quoted.

Oh and the *spoiler* arent  *spoiler*, they are **spoiler alert, hope you havent read any more of the UDF forums otherwise this spoiler is all over the threads here, play the game!!:smileywink:**

No lol I meant no guides, or walkthroughs. Something like "When using the AK-47 only burts fire at chest level" or something. Nothing that will make crushing seem dull.

CRYSIS 2!
Message 6 of 14 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Uncharted Drake's Fortune

Feb 17, 2011

Ok, so I'm at 51% game completion on crushing for UDF now. Just got past the second "Jet Ski" part, with elena on the back with the grenade launcher. I must say crushing is 10x easier than I thought it would be. It's alot more fun than most game's hardest difficulties. IMO; UDF's singleplayer is alot more immersive, and deep than UC2 AT's. Like Goldhawk said; "it's the little details in UDF that makes it what it is." Things like little crevices on Drake's shirt swaying as he walks, how the enemies jump, roll, duck and weave to avoid being shot at by you. Hell, I've even seen a couple lay down next to their cover, and shoot me while they were on the ground laying down! :smileyvery-happy: I like the envirenment in DF alot more too, the lush green jungle, and vegitation riddled abandoned cities. Feels more like Indiana Jones, were UC2 AT is more like a modern Tomb Raider (without a female treasure hunter of course). Anyways, anyone who hasn't picked UDF up yet, I highly recomend it!
Yours Truly,

Hellhound

CRYSIS 2!
Message 7 of 14 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
884 posts

Your post has brought back memories, going to get back on...

Feb 18, 2011

Your post has brought back memories, going to get back onto my Crushing game on Uncharted.

It is a an awesome game.

I can't remember were IM up to on crushing.....

Message 8 of 14 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

ah ok

Feb 18, 2011

Ah ok, I get ya now.
One thing I've noticed is enemies don't die fast if you shoot them anywhere but the head, aka I've noticed headshot = one shot kill, anywhere else = 5 or 6 shot kill.

So try for headshots if you're like me and must have a bunch of ammo on hand (aka 2 clips+ full of pistol and rifle ammo, and 4 grenades) at all times. If you can't get a headshot since they're moving too fast, shoot em in the chest, while they duck down in pain then do a headshot.

I miss UC2 where ammo pickups give you more ammo.

Message 9 of 14 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Uncharted Drake's Fortune!

Feb 18, 2011

Alright! I have 71% of UDF trophies now, I cleared it on Easy and mopped up all but two of the weapon kills. Going to do it on hard, wich will also give me the weapon kills, then crushing will be icing on the cake for my Platinum. =D

CRYSIS 2!
Message 10 of 14 (38 Views)
0 Likes