May 25 2010
By: Telekill I Only Post Everything 1243 posts

Uncharted Drake's Fortune Movie

53 replies 258 views Edited May 25, 2010

I recently read somewhere that a movie of the first game is in the works. While this is great news to those that have yet to play the game (so they can get the story, and possibly then go buy the game), has there been any news on who may be playing Drake?

If there has yet to be any announcements, and Naughty Dog has any hand in the film's casting, then I highly recommend Nathan Fillion. If you dont know who that is, go and watch ABC's Castle. He's the main actor on the show and aside from looking like Drake, he also kinda acts like him in the show.

Those of you who have seen Castle, what are your thoughts on this? And oh... as a comparison... here's a picture of Nathan Fillion:

photo PS4Tag_zpsqnbvt5di.png
Message 1 of 54 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

Yes, there is a movie in the pipeline... last I heard (fr...

May 25, 2010

Yes, there is a movie in the pipeline... last I heard (from Amy Hannig, I believe, and this was a while ago) they (the producers, not Naughty Dog) are "talking to the right people about being Drake." If it isn't made Mo-cap like the cutscenes (which I would LOVE) I would like to see the original cast play them... but that won't happen, so this is my choice for Nathan...

Nathan Drake is Seeley Booth on a night off. I wouldn't mind Nathan Fillion... but I don't get such a Nathan vibe from him as I do from David Boreanaz.

And if anyone other than Emily Rose plays Elena I will be sorley disappointed.

Displaced NDF individual Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 54 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
780 posts

Nathan Fillion :)   When I saw this thread I was gonna su...

Jun 17, 2010

Nathan Fillion :smileyhappy:

When I saw this thread I was gonna suggest Nathan Fillion for Drake, but you beat me to it.

If you enjoyed Nathan Fillion in Castle I strongly reccomend you watch Firefly. It's a Western/Eastern Sci-Fi, set 500ish years into the future where America and China have become the strongest cultural influences. The human race has started to populate other planets and space travel is a widely accepted mode of transport for the masses.

Nathan Fillion plays Captain Malcolm Reynolds, of the Firefly ship called, serenity. A Han Solo smuggler type.

He leads a crew of diverse and charismatic characters through the series.

Their goal is to simply get by, and to keep serenity running.

Firefly is a world I completely believed in, I was drawn in by each characters personality and charm.

IMO it was a masterpiece that ended far too soon. Only 13 episodes :smileysad:

But back on topic. Malcolm Reynolds is pretty much Nathan Drake in space. His quirks, humour, looks and personailty all closely resemble Nathan Drake.

If Nathan Drake had fought in a space war and lost all the things he held dear, Malcolm Reynolds and Drake would be almost identical.

Fillion is the perfect choice.

Message 3 of 54 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13339 posts

I'm sorry but why Nathan Fillion?! I really think that so...

Jun 19, 2010

I'm sorry but why Nathan Fillion?! I really think that someone else could do a better job of handling Drake but this guy has the look and I guess that's what counts in Hollywood. Haha I just really don't like Nathan Fillion for some reason, but if he was cast into the movie.. I guess I would have to deal with it. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 54 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
780 posts

Malcolm Reynolds is pretty much Nathan Drake in space. Hi...

Jun 19, 2010

LightJak007 wrote:

I'm sorry but why Nathan Fillion?! I really think that someone else could do a better job of handling Drake but this guy has the look and I guess that's what counts in Hollywood. Haha I just really don't like Nathan Fillion for some reason, but if he was cast into the movie.. I guess I would have to deal with it. :smileyvery-happy:

Malcolm Reynolds is pretty much Nathan Drake in space. His quirks, humour, looks and personailty all closely resemble Nathan Drake.

If Nathan Drake had fought in a space war and lost all the things he held dear, Malcolm Reynolds and Drake would be almost identical.

Fillion is the perfect choice...

At least this is how I saw it. I think Fillion proved in Firefly he can pull off a character who is very similar to Drake.

Message 5 of 54 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2740 posts

I'd love to see an all-CG film with the original voice ac...

Jun 21, 2010

I'd love to see an all-CG film with the original voice actors. If they were gonna do it though, I wonder if Fillion's a little too old for the role now...

Message 6 of 54 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
780 posts

Yeah, Fillion's age was one of my concerns too, but then...

Jun 22, 2010

Yeah, Fillion's age was one of my concerns too, but then I found out he's only 39, and Amy Hennig has described Drake as in his mid 30's.

A CGI film would be one of the best ways to stay completely faithful to the characters by using the Actors voices and motion capture performances, but if they were to go to all that trouble to do it digitally I would feel a little sad that I couldn't be playing this adventure.

Message 7 of 54 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Benjamin Pratt could be Navarro and Roman could be Antony...

Jun 25, 2010

Benjamin Pratt could be Navarro and Roman could be Antony Hopkins.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 54 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

I don't know Benjamin Pratt, but he is somewhat dreamy....

Jun 25, 2010

I don't know Benjamin Pratt, but he is somewhat dreamy.

I always had Jim Robinson in my head as Roman. So pleased someone has com up with a better idea!

Displaced NDF individual Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 54 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

I was watching V the other day, and it came to my attenti...

Jun 28, 2010

I was watching V the other day, and it came to my attention that Charles Mesure could make a good Navarro?Am I right or am I right?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 54 (258 Views)
0 Likes