Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 22 2011
By: holoquin2 Sackboy 481 posts

Uncharted Drake's Fortune Film and Novel?

5 replies 34 views Edited Jan 22, 2011

So there has been some information released about the production of a film, based on Uncharted Drake's Fortune. 

Nathan Drake from UDF

Mark Wahlberg - confirmed actor of Nate Drake

I guess there is some kind of similarity. 

Movie Information

Director            : David O. Russell 

Writers             : Thomas Dean Donnelly & Joshua Oppenheimer 

Release Date: 2013

Actors               : Mark Wahlberg (Drake), Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci 

Source: www.imdb.com 

Message 1 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

Wahlberg actually isn't confirmed. My colleague at All Th...

Jan 22, 2011

Wahlberg actually isn't confirmed. My colleague at All Things Uncharted wrote to the studio to ask. No scrpit had been submitted, and as such the film is still in pre production andtherefore no casting decisions have been made, whatever Wahlberg/ORussell say.

But, it probably will happen, but there is a glimmer of hope that I still cling to that it won't.

http://allthingsuncharted.com/2010/11/mark-wahlberg-says-he-is-nathan-drake-in-mtv-interview/
http://allthingsuncharted.com/2010/12/uncharteds-film-version-of-nathan-drake-to-gain-a-family/

Until it is officially official I will continue to live in denial.

Edit; Having said that, the longer we wait the worse it looks.

Displaced NDF individual :smileysad:
Message 2 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
727 posts

OMG I hope not....

Jan 22, 2011

I see an excessive number of movies and MW would not have even been on my long list of actors to play Nate.

Uncharted 3 Sig Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 3 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

I am actually hoping this movie never happens and gets ca...

Jan 24, 2011

I am actually hoping this movie never happens and gets cancelled, seriously lets just stick with making uncharted games.

Message 4 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

Me too. I was all excited about it. Back in the day. I kn...

Jan 24, 2011

Squirtle101 wrote:

I am actually hoping this movie never happens and gets cancelled, seriously lets just stick with making uncharted games.

Me too. I was all excited about it. Back in the day. I know people will see it and say "wtf? is THIS what Bryony is in love with? The story is **bleep** and that Nathan guy is such a **bleep**."

On the plus side I did hear that David O Russell has said he now wants to make another film before this one. So much for committment, then.

Displaced NDF individual :smileysad:
Message 5 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Good, maybe they'll take David O. Russell off.  I would a...

Jan 24, 2011

LadyPatience wrote:

Squirtle101 wrote:

Me too. I was all excited about it. Back in the day. I know people will see it and say "wtf? is THIS what Bryony is in love with? The story is **bleep** and that Nathan guy is such a **bleep**."

On the plus side I did hear that David O Russell has said he now wants to make another film before this one. So much for committment, then.

Good, maybe they'll take David O. Russell off.  I would actually trust him to direct, though.  Just let someone else write the script! 

Message 6 of 6 (34 Views)
0 Likes