First Son
1 posts

Just got Uncharted 1 today in the mail. Crashes the conso...

Nov 3, 2011

Just got Uncharted 1 today in the mail. Crashes the console every time I try to start a new game. Sometimes I get the spinning coin icon, sometimes the game doesn't even load the coin. Once the game crashed when it tried to load the opening titles.

Makes no difference with the 1.10 patch or with autosave turned off.

PAL 250GB Slim, Firmware 3.73 (tried first with 3.72 as well, no dice).

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PAL BCES-00065 (retail disc)

While some of my games sometimes crash the console, this is the first game I've ever owned that does it all the time at a specific point. Naughty Dog, please fix this or at the very least inform Sony.

Message 41 of 67 (1,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Now that 3 is out whats the chances of this getting fixed...

Nov 6, 2011

Now that 3 is out whats the chances of this getting fixed? Drake's Fortune is one of my favorite games and this bug is really annoying

Message 42 of 67 (1,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Ok if its really bugging you I saved all my saved games a...

Nov 7, 2011

Ok if its really bugging you I saved all my saved games and formatted my disc. It seems whatever Drakes Fortune did it corrupted my HD as I couldnt play movies from an external hard drive anymore. The only downfall is that my trophies didnt work after doing this. So as all I am doing is going after the platnium its really annoying. I was at 90% on hard

Message 43 of 67 (1,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Naughty Dog, shame on you

Nov 15, 2011

Considering how the PS3 is currently using firmware 3.73, this problem has gone unaddressed for long enough. I had been interested in buying Uncharted 3, but wanted to revisit Uncharted 1 so I could enjoy the series up to the most recent release. This also means I would have to go buy Uncharted 2. If the developers of Uncharted 1 had continued to ensure their original product worked, they would have made some money off me. In light of their *&^#-poor support for their first Uncharted title, I won't be buying anything else they make until the problem is fixed. Plenty of other good games out there that work just as well as their predecessors still do like Arkham City, Skyrim, COD, and Assassin's Creed.

Message 44 of 67 (1,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

I recently bought uncharted DF, and when i put the disk i...

Nov 19, 2011

I recently bought uncharted DF, and when i put the disk inside the ps3 the games freezes in the spinning coin the far i went was the intruduction movie in campaign...

I really hope naughty dog to solve this problem because withe the release of uncharted 3 more people would buy the first one, which you seem "doesn't take care". 

Message 45 of 67 (1,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

i'm really upset with naughty dog 5 pages of complaint wi...

Nov 23, 2011

i'm really upset with naughty dog 5 pages of complaint without answers from this company staff... You should be proud of your work in unchrted series and don't think only in the last game think about the first one too, it seems a really good game wich i cant play due to some errors. Try to find out wht is causing the problems and release a ptch or something

Message 46 of 67 (1,426 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

I think the guys need to be contacted directly about the...

Dec 10, 2011

I think the guys need to be contacted directly about the spinning coin problem. It is irratating me too. I was half way through crushing when this problem started.

Message 47 of 67 (1,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Uncharted 1 freazing

Dec 25, 2011

.... Mmmmmmm seriously???? it almost three months when ive had this frustaed problem: 1 i play te disc in diferent console.

2 i rent the disc same problem so...

3 i buy a new game and same good damm problem my console has five months when i bought so anyone has solve this problem Smiley Sad thanks

Message 48 of 67 (1,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 27, 2011

This game must just have ongoing issues with FW updates. I got this game for Christmas and my PS3 (FW 4.00) won't load it. The coin spins for eternity when you pop it on.

However, my parents' PS3 (which they use soley for movies and storing pictures) runs it perfectly. I haven't updated their system yet, so it's whatever the FW was before 4.00. I'm really erked because I'm going back to college the day after New Years and I have very limited access to the TV in that room...

Message 49 of 67 (1,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Just picked up a copy of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to play on my brand new PS3 slim. I have also encountered the endlessly spinning coin on the loading screen. Got the game to actually play once, for about 2 hours, before it froze up. Now I'm back to the spinning coin. Exchanged the game for a different copy. Same problem.

Sony & Naughty Dog need to address this whatevr way they can. There's no excuse for selling people drink coasters.

Message 50 of 67 (1,426 Views)
0 Likes