First Son
3 posts

3.56 Update

Jan 28, 2011

Still freezes after 3.56 fw update. Frustrating.

Message 31 of 67 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

I'm on firmware 3.56 and the game works fine for me up un...

Feb 9, 2011

I'm on firmware 3.56 and the game works fine for me up until the customs house where it freezes everytime I start walking up a staircase...   Never had a problem with any other game freezing. Tried uninstalling, re-installing, disabling autosave, etc. and no luck.  Very frustrating as I was really enjoying the game up until that point.  Seems a lot of people are having similar problems.  I really hope this issue gets addressed soon. :smileysad:

Message 32 of 67 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Yeah this game is completely broken for me since 3.5. Cra...

Feb 19, 2011
Yeah this game is completely broken for me since 3.5. Crashes every 10 seconds boo! Please fix it, not acceptable.
Message 33 of 67 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Yeah I had this too when I last played  through it wasn't...

Feb 24, 2011

Yeah I had this too when I last played  through it wasn't terrible just annoying as the cutscenes would freeze and then the speech would be behind, it was still playable but I just had to skip all cutscenes =(

Someone said that ND explained why this happened but I can't find the answer...

Message 34 of 67 (1,056 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Why don't they fix this!!!!!!!!! :smileymad:

Jul 28, 2011

Why don't they fix this!!!!!!!!! :smileymad:

Message 35 of 67 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

I am having the freezing issue now.. never had it, ever....

Aug 10, 2011
I am having the freezing issue now.. never had it, ever. Now I am stuck mid way through chapter 14 and I am going for my Platinum trophy.. Now I am kicking myself for not doing this trophy sooner.
Message 36 of 67 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

My problem is fixed, i uninstalled the game data and it d...

Aug 10, 2011

My problem is fixed, i uninstalled the game data and it didn't work. 2 days later i tried it again and the turning coin problem was fixed :smileyvery-happy:

Message 37 of 67 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

having the same problem

Sep 8, 2011

Just bought this game on retail.

Can't even start it. Sometimes I can load it, and it craches on the first animation. If I skip the animation, it crashes after 5 seconds of gameplay. Sometimes The coin keeps spinning forever. Sometimes the disk is not even read.

Tried to delete the game data, reinstall the update, turn off autosave....pretty much everything that's been suggested in here.

The weird thing is that my cousin's ps3 (fat 40Gb, mine is a slim 120gb) plays the game normally, so it's not a disk problem.

Quite a shame, I really like U2, wanted to play U1 for a long time...anybody has any other suggestions on what I could do to try and fix this?

Message 38 of 67 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Had the same problem - bought it in a 2-pack with Unchart...

Sep 23, 2011
Had the same problem - bought it in a 2-pack with Uncharted 2. Weirdly, what fixed it for me was installing the other game. Don't know if you have Among Thieves, but it totally healed everything wrong with the game and now I'm playing it like it's my life. So maybe give that a shot, even if you have to borrow the game from a friend and install it but not play it.
Message 39 of 67 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Uncharted hanging while starting

Sep 30, 2011

I just got the Uncharted Greatest Hits Dual Pack with Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and Uncharted 2 (Game of the Year Edition).  Both installed fine and I played Uncharted 1 for over an hour.  A couple of days later, I installed Uncharted 2 to install all of the addon content and the free stuff for the Playstation Plus members and now cannot play Uncharted 1.  Uncharted: Drakes Fortune now just shows the spinning coin and never loads the game.  I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it, watched it patch to the latest version and then it did the same thing.  I have for force the game to exit which causes the PS3 to restart completely.

How can I get Uncharted 1 to play again?  I would like to play it before playing Uncharted 2 so I get the full story before playing number 3 when it comes out.

Uncharted was patched to version 1.10 I believe and the PS3 has the latest updates.

Thank you for any help you can provide.  I have not seen any recent posts about this problem in the last year and the previous problems seemed to be related to a PS3 firmware version.

Message 40 of 67 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes