Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: Uncharted 1 freazing

Jan 1, 2012

I emailed Sony and they responded that I should delete the game data file and boot the system into Safe Mode and restore the file system. That seems to have done the trick.

So for anyone who runs into this issue:

-Go to the Game icon

-Select Game data utility

-Highlight the game data for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

-Hit triangle and delete

Once the delete is complete, please access safe mode to restore your file system, please follow the directions below to activate Safe Mode:

Step 1:

Turn off the PlayStation 3 by holding the power button on the front of the unit till the power light is red.

Step 2:

Touch and hold the power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PlayStation 3 is powering on.

Continue to hold the power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.

Continue to hold the power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (power light is red).

Step 3:

Touch and hold the power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PlayStation 3 to power on.

Continue to hold the power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.

Continue to hold the power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."

Connect a USB cable to the controller and the PlayStation 3 and press the PS button to enter Safe Mode. Then you will see the Safe Mode menu.

Step 4:

Chose option 3

Once the restore is complete, please reinsert Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to reinstall your game data and update data.

Seems overly complicated, but the game's working, for now at least.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 59 (1,372 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 3, 2012

Hi

Does this wipe any other game data or other media stored on the hard drive?

Cheers

Tino

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 59 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 5, 2012

It reset my sound settings & theme to the original factory settings, but didn't do anything to the game saves.

Admittedly, I don't have a lot of data on the Hard Drive at the moment as I still have to get my original PS3 fixed so I can recover the data.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 59 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Jan 30, 2012

his is odd, UDF has only frozen once on me.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 59 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Feb 29, 2012

My copy keeps freezing at the part where - SPOILERS - Drake and Elena runs away from the spaniard zombies. I'd be half way thru the cave and it'd freeze. My disc is completely clean and fine. The first time I played this game, it went through no problem. Now it's every time, it happens.

Also tried to pause the game for a few seconds before the segment happens, thinking it needs time to load all the necessary graphics though I hear no loading sound what so ever.

I play on the latest 160GB PS3.

Help? It's one of my most favorite parts in video game history and it blows to see it being interrupted, ruining the adrenaline.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 59 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Hey guys I would really like help or suggestion's for the following problem please I have a ps3 120 gig slimline running on latest updates and everything, I got uncharted: drake's fortune and when I put it in I naturally it said the latest update has been found so of course I did what was required. It loaded up fine and it asked me to press start so I did, no problems but then i clicked new game, normal difficulty and created a save, the screen went black apart from the loading coin in the bottom right corner,this coin span for say 20 seconds, music in the backround the whole time. Then it suddenly froze, and the music stopped . I left it for a few mins cause I thought it was still loading but in the end I turned off my ps3... The green light flashed and it beeped 3 times before turning off! I repeated this a number of times to no avail. I decided that I would clean the disc a bit despite it having no scratches and blu rays being scratch resistant. Tried again.. same result. I went into saved data and deleted uncharted's save, tried again and no luck! At this stage I was angry so I looked up possible causes, the top result being a firmware problem that was in 2009, surely this isn't my problem now?

I would greatly appreciate a reply,

Ganzi

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 59 (1,372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 11, 2012

My game freezes in chapter 13 (sanctuary).

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 59 (1,154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

@BGPu your step by step fixed my problem!!!

Thanks for sharing

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 59 (1,151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

2 days ago

Amazingly...years later...this still isn't fixed.

I grabbed Uncharted 1, 2 & 3 in hopes of getting caught up before Uncharted  4 releases.

Game keep crashing when trying to enter the Library. I got in once before, but now it crashes every time. I even loaded up an older save game grinded my way back, still keeps crashing.

If I can't find a work around, I'll just leave it there and watch the ending on YouTube. I'll load up Uncharted 2 and continue on.

All 3 games only cost me $15 used, so whatever.

...and people say PC games are buggy =(

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 59 (9 Views)
0 Likes