Highlighted
Dec 20 2010
By: ryaniscool47 Treasure Hunter 4945 posts

UDF saved my Sunday

15 replies 21 views Edited Dec 20, 2010

Man I was having a super bad day yesterday.  My internet went out over and over again, and got into a huge fight with my gf.  I usually play games to help myself feel better in these situations, but as my net was down my usual option of UC2 or Black Ops wasn't viable.  Then I remembered Drake's Fortune.  I still hadn't beaten that game on hard or crushing, so i decided to give it a shot.  Man, I'm glad I did.  I had forgotten how much fun, and how amazing this game was!  I got about 65% of the way through it, and am looking forward to playing more tonight after work!  Needless to say, it helped me feel better about life.  :smileyhappy:

Did anyone else come back to this game after a long time to find out all over again how awesome it was?  I really look forward to battling zombies in the facility tonight!  :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

I played it like two weeks ago, when the x1-x8 thing begu...

Dec 21, 2010

I played it like two weeks ago, when the x1-x8 thing begun. It was x2 and people were sending me messages reminding me, but I was so into crushing on that game I didn't want to come off. It is a great game and sometimes I even think it beats UC2's singleplayer.

Message 2 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

I played the game so much when it came out then went back...

Jan 9, 2011

I played the game so much when it came out then went back to it just before U2 came out.

But the other day I got it out because I was getting a bit bored with U2 multiplayer. I remember playing U2 and feeling the difference and thinking that I couldn't go back to UDF and enjoy it the same as I did the first time because it just didn't feel as good with the older engine.

But even today after all these years it is still so amazing.

In some ways I kind of enjoyed that feeling of mystery and adventure it has more than the second game, because it's all on one island and islands are such adventurous mysterious environments. It felt like a true adventure movie something like Indiana Jones or Romancing the Stone.

U2 is so impressive and offers so much more with tech and variety and length and depth, however it doesn't make you feel as much of an adventurer or explorer, it's a true action game.

Elena: There it is, The Cintamani Stone. It's beautiful
Chloe: Yep, Magnificent. Now let's smash it and get the hell out of here
Message 3 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

ready to 'jump' in all over again...

Jan 10, 2011

I'm the same - I've only done it on normal and am about to start it again on Hard.  Cannot wait.  I've forgotten most of the story and set pieces and also want to try and get more trophies on it! 

My nit picky things in that game were the final boss which I thought was a let down conceptually and with the QTEs at the end, and the animation when Drake jumps - its so bad lol!  it's too floaty and looks very half hearted.  they improved it for UC2 but it still wasn't quite right. Am I being silly about this lol?  yes - probably.
but then animation's my game and it annoys me when studios mess up something so crucial... :smileymad:

but yes - UDF!  Awesome!  :smileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
884 posts

Im a bit sad, I Played uncharted 2 before even looking at...

Jan 16, 2011

Im a bit sad, I Played uncharted 2 before even looking at Uncharted 1.

I bought Uncharted about 10 Days ago, OMG love it  :smileyvery-happy:

Finished game on Easy, Normal and Hard, Got 40+ Treasures without a guide and im at about 75%+ complete for Platinum trophy.

You can really see how much they improved on the 1st game to get uncharted 2 so Awesome.

The water Looks unreal, Guns sound good, the hand to hand combat is a bit tricky, Trying to perfect the "Square Triangle Square" combo      :smileywink:.

Rock on, Can't wait for the next installment................

ND you guys Rock

Message 5 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4545 posts

UDF!

Jan 16, 2011

I have given up on Leveling up on U2 (for now?) so I'm trying to play/replay other games I haven't touched for ages due to my silly addiction to the MP. Anyway, I've just started replaying UDF last night to get my trophy. So far I have all the trophies (I found all the treasures a long time ago), except for Expert Dyno-Might which is still "hidden" for some reason, and I've reached Chapter 5 on Hard; I'm currently in the blue water room where Nate says "This place could use a good plumber!" and I'm having so much fun :smileysurprised:

Now I'm really enjoying the Single Player because I can really play at my own pace without having to worry about lag, SA, glitchers, spawns, and all the bad things that usually frustrate me in U2 MP. Plus I have noticed so much improvement in my skill, strategy, and aiming compared to when I first started playing UDF. I'm playing on Hard and it's even easier than Coop on Hard lol

I've been wanting to replay UDF for ages, but my U2 frustration only reached its max yesterday and that's when I said "ENOUGH!" and removed U2 from my PS3 and tossed in UDF instead and till now I'm not regretting anything :smileyhappy:

The only silly problem that I will encounter later is that I will have to go through that chapter where you encounter those things, and I can only imagine how "special" it will be on Hard and Crushing -_-'

Photobucket
Message 6 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Trust me, the end is the easier part on Crushing, especia...

Jan 16, 2011

Shrantellatessa wrote:

I have given up on Leveling up on U2 (for now?) so I'm trying to play/replay other games I haven't touched for ages due to my silly addiction to the MP. Anyway, I've just started replaying UDF last night to get my trophy. So far I have all the trophies (I found all the treasures a long time ago), except for Expert Dyno-Might which is still "hidden" for some reason, and I've reached Chapter 5 on Hard; I'm currently in the blue water room where Nate says "This place could use a good plumber!" and I'm having so much fun :smileysurprised:

Now I'm really enjoying the Single Player because I can really play at my own pace without having to worry about lag, SA, glitchers, spawns, and all the bad things that usually frustrate me in U2 MP. Plus I have noticed so much improvement in my skill, strategy, and aiming compared to when I first started playing UDF. I'm playing on Hard and it's even easier than Coop on Hard lol

I've been wanting to replay UDF for ages, but my U2 frustration only reached its max yesterday and that's when I said "ENOUGH!" and removed U2 from my PS3 and tossed in UDF instead and till now I'm not regretting anything :smileyhappy:

The only silly problem that I will encounter later is that I will have to go through that chapter where you encounter those things, and I can only imagine how "special" it will be on Hard and Crushing -_-'

Trust me, the end is the easier part on Crushing, especially considering that the Descendants can't attack you from a distance, AND distracts any nearby soldiers so you can take them out. Those parts were freaky, but easy. :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Haha nice!  "I got so frustrated with Uncharted 2, I...

Jan 19, 2011

Shrantellatessa wrote:

Haha nice!  "I got so frustrated with Uncharted 2, I decided to play Uncharted!"  Lol 

I'm the same, except I got the hard trophy.  I still need to do it on Crushing and get expert dyno might.  There are only 2 places I know of where dyno-might is possible in this game, so getting that trophy is slightly annoying to me.  Gotta do it though, if that's all that stands between me and the platinum.  :smileytongue:

And I completely agree.  I noticed I was a much better shot and strategist playing it on Hard because of all my UC2 experience.  :smileyhappy:  The only thing I hate are the grenades!  So difficult to throw and handle in udf lol

Message 8 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

I can't believe some people still have trophies to get on...

Jan 19, 2011

I can't believe some people still have trophies to get on UDF.

I platinumed the game in 2 days after the trophy patch was released and I'd already done that once before! It was my favourite game in the world until U2 came out, had to be done!!

Elena: There it is, The Cintamani Stone. It's beautiful
Chloe: Yep, Magnificent. Now let's smash it and get the hell out of here
Message 9 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Yeah I feel kinda pathetic not earning the platinum yet....

Jan 19, 2011

MaterialBoy wrote:

I can't believe some people still have trophies to get on UDF.

I platinumed the game in 2 days after the trophy patch was released and I'd already done that once before! It was my favourite game in the world until U2 came out, had to be done!!

Yeah I feel kinda pathetic not earning the platinum yet.  It's because when I was playing it before, I didn't think I'd be able to handle it on hard and crushing...

Message 10 of 16 (21 Views)
0 Likes