Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 20 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 9691 posts

Plat

8 replies 364 views Edited Jun 20, 2012

Has anyone ever platted this game before?  I tried playing through on HARD a few times...and I just can't do it.  The gameplay is so aweful and the gun battles last so long because you die so quick... I can't imagine what crushing is like. 

I find a lot of the other trophies to be pretty hard to obtain too...

So has anyone actually done it yet? 

Message 1 of 9 (364 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Re: Plat

Jun 20, 2012

Haha, a lot of people have. Crushing is truly the worst part of Plat, so if you need, just find a way that works for you or watch a YouTube walkthrough. You just need patience, a LOT of patience.

Message 2 of 9 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Yeah I LIMPED through Crushing. It's waaay harder than U2 or U3. Those two I found challenging but fun - Drake's Fortune was more a case of grim determination I think! You do feel pretty awesome when you achieve it though.

Message 3 of 9 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jun 20, 2012

I'm already limping through DF...

This is the third time I've stopped playing on hard more.  This is just ridiculous.  Every time I go back I'm like "ok, it'll be different this time" and then I get into 10 minute gun battles where I shoot the guy with half a clip of a weapon and he doesn't die, but he shoots me twice and I need to take cover. 

Message 4 of 9 (364 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Headshots are key in UDF. Seriously. Otherwise you just waste ammo, which is already scarce. Prepare yourself with the best weapons wherever possible, making sure you always know what's next. Crushing was torture the first time through for me, but after you figure out the easiest way to work through each battle it becomes easier. Plus you usually get a checkpoint halfway through each battle as well.

Which chapter are you stuck on now?

Message 5 of 9 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2120 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Yes, I did.

I got all the extras and completed all the challenges.

But that was before the trophy patch.:smileyindifferent:

So I had to do Crushing again to get the platinum.

It was just freakin great.:smileymad:

Message 6 of 9 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Oof - really not good!! On the other hand, congrats on battling your way through Crushing twice!

Message 7 of 9 (345 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1334 posts

Jul 14, 2012

You can do it Goldhawk!!!

At least in SP you don't have to deal with BS lag deaths, which I know are a favorite of yours :smileywink:

As for your question, I have completed it on all difficulties but haven't platted it because of the dam treasures. I ONLY NEED 3 MORE!!!! Plus I got find out where the HELL the strange relic is. Am too much of a traditionalist gamer to cheat and look it up on Yotube. That be like playing Portal 2, and looking up how to do each Test Chamber. So please, no replies telling me where the things are. :smileyhappy:

R.I.P Rika Raja - Confirmed 21/06/12
Message 8 of 9 (342 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Jul 15, 2012

Coffeebug wrote:

Oof - really not good!! On the other hand, congrats on battling your way through Crushing twice!

Crushing was more fun the second time for me. :smileyvery-happy: It's not so stressful knowing you already have Plat. :smileytongue:

Message 9 of 9 (336 Views)
0 Likes