Jan 12 2011
By: Kaswa101 I Only Post Everything 1337 posts

News: Wahlberg = Drake; Fillion comments on casting choice

11 replies 13 views Edited Jan 12, 2011
Message 4 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

I think Markie Mark just wants everyone to forget all abo...

Jan 10, 2011

I think Markie Mark just wants everyone to forget all about Max Payne.  :smileytongue:

Message 1 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

i'm not really too worried about mark. i'm just hoping th...

Jan 11, 2011

i'm not really too worried about mark. i'm just hoping that they won't use that family rubbish.

Message 2 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1931 posts

Why did you have to remind me of that horrible movie? I t...

Jan 12, 2011

ryaniscool47 wrote:

I think Markie Mark just wants everyone to forget all about Max Payne.  :smileytongue:

Why did you have to remind me of that horrible movie?

I though Shooter was pretty good, however.

Message 3 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Haha I will NEVER forget!  That movie was offensive to my...

Jan 12, 2011

overlordofpizza wrote:

ryaniscool47 wrote:

Why did you have to remind me of that horrible movie?

I though Shooter was pretty good, however.

Haha I will NEVER forget!  That movie was offensive to my eyes and ears. 

And yeah I liked shooter, it was decent.  Mark Wahlberg isn't a bad actor as long as he's got a director to guide him.

Good:

The Departed - best supporting actor nomination

Three Kings - the only reason I still have a shred of hope that the Uncharted movie could still be good even with Wahlberg as Drake.

The Fighter - haven't seen yet but heard he's great in it.

Bad/Terrible:

The Happening - Laughable - "The bees are disappearing you guys!  Don't you care about that?"

Max Payne - Dismal

The Other Guys - One dimensional performance that seemed forced most of the time.

All that said, Mark's performance as Drake will be different from what we've seen in the games.  This won't necessarily be a failure, but I am dubious at best.

Message 5 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1261 posts

Meh, im expecting the movie to be sh*t.   Like that, if i...

Jan 17, 2011

Meh, im expecting the movie to be sh*t.

Like that, if it is sh*t, I would have expected it. If some how it turns out to be good, I'll be pleasently surpirised. Win/ Win If you can accept the fact that the movie will be terrible.

Also, I don't have any thing against Mark, maybe it's because I have'nt seen Max Payne but I did enjoy The other guys. Sure his character was'nt very deep but hell, it was a silly movie to begin with, that new one were he plays a boxer looks pretty solid though.

All in all, this constant hate for the man is pretty brutal. Are'nt we over reacting a bit?

Message 6 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

It's gonna be complete garbage. The director was talking...

Jan 19, 2011

It's gonna be complete garbage. The director was talking about Nathan being in New York city, and bringing his family in and all this garbage.

I would agree more to Sony walking on the street, asking people if they've played Uncharted 1, and whoever says yes first, ask them if they wanted to be a director and get payed a few million dollars. I'd rather see that then to get some **bleep** from hollywood who has never played the game before.

**bleep** Hollywood they always ruin video game movies. I understand if you want to not copy the game place by place but adding in a whole 'nother plot and characters and settings? That's just taking the main character and placing him in a whole different story!

As for Mark Wahlberg I think he's a pretty good actor especially in shooter and others. Yea I don't think he's fit for a comedy role like in The Other Guys but he should make a joke here and there. Anyways I'd never even heard of Nathan Fillion before, maybe seen him once on one of those sitcoms? Until I heard he wants to play Drake.

But hey what the freak about the God of War movie? That was announced like 5 years ago and all they have is a script. That would be interesting to see.

Message 7 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

I think I will release a film   HC9 pointed at TV, UCDF o...

Jan 19, 2011

I think I will release a film

HC9 pointed at TV, UCDF on easy

Everyone will like that.

Just bought a BluRay burner as well

Just can't read any in XP

Recently Invalid now Glass Jaw & Come Get Some
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - mseja
Message 8 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Uncharted Movie

Jan 19, 2011

Are you kidding me !??! WHY!? Uncharted is one of the best games ever and they are going to make ANOTHER bad movie adaptation. Nothing against Markie Mark in general, but COME ON! He is NOT Nathan Drake! and what's up with the family!? Joe Pesci!? Where does he fit in to Uncharted. This SUCKS! This move will probably make The Last Air Bender look like an oscar winner! Naughty Dog, you need to step in and make this movie the right way.

Message 9 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Movie producer: "Your film is too long. Cut out all...

Jan 19, 2011

mseja wrote:

I think I will release a film

HC9 pointed at TV, UCDF on easy

Everyone will like that.

Just bought a BluRay burner as well

Just can't read any in XP

Movie producer: "Your film is too long. Cut out all that inane dialogue.  The shooting's great, but what's with all the puzzles?  Lose those.  Also, let's re-cast this Eddy fellow.  I envision him as a plucky fat dude.  How about Zack Galifianakis?  Also, Elena is too plain.  Put Mila Kunis in there, spice it up a bit... and let's lose Navarro.  The new villain is... Jackie Chan!  Ok?  Greenlight it"

:smileytongue:

Message 10 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes