Sep 27 2010
By: judalation First Son 32 posts

NOOB question Here...

10 replies 246 views Edited Sep 27, 2010

I have some Great Games that I have saved in Cinema Mode and uploaded. However I would like to save these games on my computer... how do I get these games on my computer ?is it even possible without a PVR? Thanks for patronizing this noob question!

Message 1 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2274 posts

put this thread in uncharted 2 mp section

Sep 29, 2010

judalation wrote:

I have some Great Games that I have saved in Cinema Mode and uploaded. However I would like to save these games on my computer... how do I get these games on my computer ?is it even possible without a PVR? Thanks for patronizing this noob question!

put this thread in uncharted 2 mp section

Message 2 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Yeah I know. Why are you posting a U2 question in a UDF a...

Aug 7, 2011

Yeah I know. Why are you posting a U2 question in a UDF area? But yeah I do have the same question because I have some great games I want to show off to my friends.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 3 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20187 posts

Wrong section. *Insert facepalm here*

Aug 8, 2011
Wrong section.

*Insert facepalm here*
Message 4 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

You people do realize this was made last year?

Aug 8, 2011

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 5 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

He has the same question so rather than creating a comple...

Aug 8, 2011

fadi002 wrote:

They do, read below, R
EAD

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

Yeah I know. Why are you posting a U2 question in a UDF area? But yeah I do have the same question because I have some great games I want to show off to my friends.

He has the same question so rather than creating a completely pointless thread, and making a nonsense post like you have, he is using the search feature and using the forum as it was intended.

To answer the question, without a PVR there are other capturing devices, much cheaper but poor in quality alternatives to a PVR.

Dazzle DVD Recorder does the job at not so great quality.

Pinnacle PVT device records to USB pen drive

Easy Cap.. Similar to DVD Recorder.

On the more expensive side there are the

Happauge HD PVR - My personal choice

and

Black Magic Intensity Pro - Don't like this, requires you to open your pc. Effort is lame.

Regardless. you will need HDMI for Black magic? Could be wrong.

For Happauge you will need Component HD cables

For the cheaper alternatives you would need signal splitters and some other junk, kinda forgot what, been a long time since I used those.

The first ones I listed aren't actually PVR devices, They are capturing devices, you may ask what the difference is, apart from quality, I don't know. It's just how things are labelled. :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

1) Hauppauge doesn't require to open your pc? Where is th...

Aug 8, 2011

Aureilia wrote:
1) Black Magic Intensity Pro - Don't like this, requires you to open your pc. Effort is lame.

2) Regardless. you will need HDMI for Black magic? Could be wrong.

3) For Happauge you will need Component HD cables

1) Hauppauge doesn't require to open your pc? Where is the recorded video saved?

2) HDMI for capturing is a no-no, due to HDCP encryption. There are 2 ways to circumvent that, but it's not really worth the effort.

3) Yeap, Component is the way to go for HD capturing.

Personally, I use this one:

http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=531

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

I mean open your PC in a sense of taking the screws out a...

Aug 9, 2011

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
1) Black Magic Intensity Pro - Don't like this, requires you to open your pc. Effort is lame.

2) Regardless. you will need HDMI for Black magic? Could be wrong.

3) For Happauge you will need Component HD cables

1) Hauppauge doesn't require to open your pc? Where is the recorded video saved?

2) HDMI for capturing is a no-no, due to HDCP encryption. There are 2 ways to circumvent that, but it's not really worth the effort.

3) Yeap, Component is the way to go for HD capturing.

Personally, I use this one:

http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=531

I mean open your PC in a sense of taking the screws out and fiddling with the insides :smileytongue:

You still have to switch on your PC to access your files. Actually the PC needs to be on to record also.

I haven't personally heard much about the one you have. Seems similar to the Happauge though.

Message 8 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Ah, not a big issue for me, you only have to do it once....

Aug 9, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

I mean open your PC in a sense of taking the screws out and fiddling with the insides :smileytongue:

Ah, not a big issue for me, you only have to do it once. :smileytongue:

I prefer internal cards, because they are cheaper (half the price compared to Hauppauge) and the capture quality is the same. :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 9 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Yeah it's probably not so wise for me to do that, my PC a...

Aug 10, 2011

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Ah, not a big issue for me, you only have to do it once. :smileytongue:

I prefer internal cards, because they are cheaper (half the price compared to Hauppauge) and the capture quality is the same. :smileyhappy:

Yeah it's probably not so wise for me to do that, my PC already overheats and shuts down on it's own after a while. I was under the impression the quality was better on some of the internal cards though, even though I quite honestly can't tell any difference.

Message 10 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes