Highlighted
Jun 23 2010
By: scootgar Limit Breaker 17622 posts

My Sanity - **SPOILERS**

11 replies 28 views Edited Jun 23, 2010

Just wanted to give a heads-up to this fine community.

If I appear to go completely bats*** crazy over the next few days, it' because I'm stuck on the damned Showdown with Navarro... Now, I use Navarro all the time in UC2 MP... and love him as an MP avatar, but... if I have to bang my birtual head on that damnable Navarro Wall much longer... I'm going to lose it.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 1 of 12 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

That is a beeyotchin' hard boss battle, for sure. He does...

Jun 24, 2010

That is a beeyotchin' hard boss battle, for sure. He doesn't take ANY time aiming that laser at your head.

Displaced NDF individual Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 12 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
914 posts

Are you playing on Crushing? I know when I finished it on...

Jun 30, 2010

scootgar wrote:

If I appear to go completely bats*** crazy over the next few days, it' because I'm stuck on the damned Showdown with Navarro... Now, I use Navarro all the time in UC2 MP... and love him as an MP avatar, but... if I have to bang my birtual head on that damnable Navarro Wall much longer... I'm going to lose it.

Are you playing on Crushing? I know when I finished it on Hard he was quick with that laser. I think I kept moving from one box to another and back. That way he couldn't hit me so quick and the boxes didn't get destroyed so fast. I hope by now you finished it.

PSN Gamercards

Jesus is my Lord and Savior

Message 3 of 12 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2121 posts

Ya, it's a hard battle

Jul 2, 2010

scootgar wrote:

Ya, it's a hard battle

Message 4 of 12 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

Are you referring to the entire last level, or just the f...

Jul 4, 2010

scootgar wrote:

Are you referring to the entire last level, or just the final bit with Nate and Navarro? Each little section of the level has a spot near the beginning that provides pretty much permanent cover (from Navarro, anyway). The very last fight is extremely easy (I won't give anything away in case you haven't gotten there yet) and is just a matter of recognizing a pattern. It's tough the first time, but once you figure it out it is almost too easy.

Message 5 of 12 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

The boxes do not provide cover, as they get shot and dest...

Jul 5, 2010

icia85 wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Are you referring to the entire last level, or just the final bit with Nate and Navarro? Each little section of the level has a spot near the beginning that provides pretty much permanent cover (from Navarro, anyway). The very last fight is extremely easy (I won't give anything away in case you haven't gotten there yet) and is just a matter of recognizing a pattern. It's tough the first time, but once you figure it out it is almost too easy.

The boxes do not provide cover, as they get shot and destroyed in mere moments. The box breaks, Nate stands up, and BOOM headshot from laser. The trick is to move before the box is utterly destroyed, if you are using them for cover. But I am sure you know that, anyway.

Message 6 of 12 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

I wasn't referring to the wooden boxes, but little niches...

Jul 5, 2010

LadyPatience wrote:

The boxes do not provide cover, as they get shot and destroyed in mere moments. The box breaks, Nate stands up, and BOOM headshot from laser. The trick is to move before the box is utterly destroyed, if you are using them for cover. But I am sure you know that, anyway.

I wasn't referring to the wooden boxes, but little niches in the environment that are protected. The example that comes to mind is just after the explosion forces you to roll out from under a falling beam, you can immediately jump back towards the debris and find a little area protected from Navarro. The lackeys will still rush you (one by one, so it's easy) but Navarro can't see you. Eventually you need to peak out quickly to take out one last guy.

It has been a long time since I've played so I don't remember any other specifics, but I think there is at most one spot where you absolutely have to use the wooden boxes.

Message 7 of 12 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

Sorry; yes, I was just adding extra info rather than refu...

Jul 5, 2010

Sorry; yes, I was just adding extra info rather than refuting your point.

What I mean is; whatever you do, try not to rely on the boxes. :smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 12 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

Exactly . . . . . . . . except for the final battle, in w...

Jul 6, 2010

LadyPatience wrote:

What I mean is; whatever you do, try not to rely on the boxes. :smileyhappy:

Exactly . . . . . . . . except for the final battle, in which straying from the boxes = instadeath. 

I still remember the first time I tried that last bit. I was sure killing Navarro was physically impossible. Now any time I replay DF that is among the easiest parts of the game. I like that fight way better than the Lazaravic battle.

Message 9 of 12 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

I would imagine this game, crushing mode, level 20 would...

Jul 6, 2010

I would imagine this game, crushing mode, level 20 would take a crapload of patience.  This game is easy on hard mode, but crushing....really is crushing.

Message 10 of 12 (28 Views)
0 Likes