Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 20 2010
By: Guzzyo Uncharted Territory 1559 posts

More fun than Uncharted 2?

19 replies 14 views Edited Apr 20, 2010

I'm not sure how I feel, but maybe the story play felt so new and original in the first one... don't get me wrong the second game is one of the best games i have played, but the first felt so new and amazing when i first played it... but Kudos for ND for creating a series which is original and fun, hope you never stop making these games :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

I can remember UDF giving me lots of headache trying to g...

Apr 20, 2010

I can remember UDF giving me lots of headache trying to get Platinum back then. Crushing was way too difficult for my tastes, but at least I managed to get all the trophies. More fun than U2? I don't think so. U2 felt more like an Indiana Jones type of thing with the visiting of various locations around the world. And I love the Indiana Jones series.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
600 posts

Yes, it's true because the first game was so new and so n...

Apr 20, 2010

Guzzyo wrote:

I'm not sure how I feel, but maybe the story play felt so new and original in the first one... don't get me wrong the second game is one of the best games i have played, but the first felt so new and amazing when i first played it... but Kudos for ND for creating a series which is original and fun, hope you never stop making these games :smileyhappy:

Yes, it's true because the first game was so new and so nice, the second one is better made and nicer but I like the first one more, I don't know why. I do like the second one more because it has MP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Personal guns, made by the awesome JoninRock64! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1559 posts

haven't  tried crushing on either... o.O but I have to in...

Apr 20, 2010

McGilmore wrote:

I can remember UDF giving me lots of headache trying to get Platinum back then. Crushing was way too difficult for my tastes, but at least I managed to get all the trophies. More fun than U2? I don't think so. U2 felt more like an Indiana Jones type of thing with the visiting of various locations around the world. And I love the Indiana Jones series.

haven't  tried crushing on either... o.O but I have to in U2 to get M Polo skin... Uncharted 1 was more Indiana than U2 IMHO...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

Difficult to say.

Apr 21, 2010

UDF had a more nature like enviroment for most of the game. I liked that, it felt like Drake, Elena & Sully were the only ones on the island other than the villians all egarly hunting them down. It was almost like survival horror at one part. UAT gave me more of a ''bigger than life'' feel. Especially the epic 3 chapter train part. Both games are wonderful though. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

There will always be a special place in my heart for Drak...

Apr 21, 2010

There will always be a special place in my heart for Drake's Fortune, but I played both of them in quick succession, so the experiences just sort of flow together for me. I think I like U2:AT more because we have more Elena and the dynamics between Chloe, Elena, and Drake are more entertaining. I can definitely understand how the shine of the first Uncharted hasn't transcended that of U2:AT though.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

UDF is a great game too, but I think U2 is better and &qu...

Apr 21, 2010

UDF is a great game too, but I think U2 is better and "more fun" thanks to the Havok physics engine, ossom graphics, the on-going action/cut scenes while in-game, and of course the fewer waves of mercenaries :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Uncharted 2 seemed to improve in all aspects. Don't get m...

Apr 21, 2010
Uncharted 2 seemed to improve in all aspects. Don't get me wrong, UDF was FANTASTIC, but there were some moments that were so repetitive and gunfight after gunfight after gunfight that I stopped for a fortnight. Uncharted 2, I loved every minute of it, and time flew by whenever I played. Great Game. Looking forward to Uncharted 3.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

Well, I prefer UAT for so many reasons, but Drake's Fortu...

Apr 21, 2010

Well, I prefer UAT for so many reasons, but Drake's Fortune feels friendlier. I write for an Uncharted news site, and recently wrote a piece about exactly this, if you are interested. All Things Uncharted

Displaced NDF individual :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Great post, LadyPatience. I disagree with some of your ob...

Apr 21, 2010

LadyPatience wrote:

Well, I prefer UAT for so many reasons, but Drake's Fortune feels friendlier. I write for an Uncharted news site, and recently wrote a piece about exactly this, if you are interested. All Things Uncharted

Great post, LadyPatience. I disagree with some of your observations about Drake and Fisher in terms of their "chemistry" and in terms of what Drake's personality is like, but I enjoyed the read. I played Drake's Fortune right before Among Thieves, so I don't have two or three years worth of nostalgia colouring my play experience, so it was interesting to read about yours.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (14 Views)
0 Likes