Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 25 2010
By: zionseeker First Son 2 posts

H E L P :: Crushing is Not Unlocked (last trophy eludes me)

3 replies 549 views Edited Sep 25, 2010

OK  I played the game once in Easy and then again in Hard and used the weapons rewards to use the SAS throughout the game in Hard mode but after completing the game, "Crushing" mode didn't UNLOCK for me.  Was this because I used the weapons rewards?  I read that you can't get Crushing if you changed the game at any time to another difficulty but I never did that.  Is it because I used the weapon reward system?  If this is the case, what is the purpose of a reward if you can't use it to enjoy the game.  "Congratulations, you unlocked a reward that you will be punished if you use."  

I can't think of any other reason this could have happened.  I didn't let the credits finish after playing the game in Hard?  I have all the trophies but the Crushing trophy and this is quite disappointing.   About ready to ping T. Vanlaw.

Does ANYONE know the answer?  Would really appreciate it if Naughty Dog would respond.  After all, we are fellow Sonyians.  I know where you work in the Watergarden of S.M.  Don't make me come down there.  (he says jokingly):smileywink:

Nelson P. of SNEI of Culver City.

Message 1 of 4 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2274 posts

yeah if you change the difficulty or start from the middl...

Sep 29, 2010

zionseeker wrote:

OK  I played the game once in Easy and then again in Hard and used the weapons rewards to use the SAS throughout the game in Hard mode but after completing the game, "Crushing" mode didn't UNLOCK for me.  Was this because I used the weapons rewards?  I read that you can't get Crushing if you changed the game at any time to another difficulty but I never did that.  Is it because I used the weapon reward system?  If this is the case, what is the purpose of a reward if you can't use it to enjoy the game.  "Congratulations, you unlocked a reward that you will be punished if you use."  

I can't think of any other reason this could have happened.  I didn't let the credits finish after playing the game in Hard?  I have all the trophies but the Crushing trophy and this is quite disappointing.   About ready to ping T. Vanlaw.

Does ANYONE know the answer?  Would really appreciate it if Naughty Dog would respond.  After all, we are fellow Sonyians.  I know where you work in the Watergarden of S.M.  Don't make me come down there.  (he says jokingly):smileywink:

yeah if you change the difficulty or start from the middle it won't count

Message 2 of 4 (549 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Yeah figure it out

Oct 15, 2010

Figured it out.  Apparently if you go into Options and choose your difficulty there it doesn't show the option "Crushing".  You have to start a NEW game in order to see the "Crushing" option.

Sorry for being confused.

Message 3 of 4 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

i did something similar to someone who posted in http://f...

Oct 9, 2011

killman234567891 wrote:

zionseeker wrote:

yeah if you change the difficulty or start from the middle it won't count

i did something similar to someone who posted in http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/General-Discussion/HELP-Charted-Crushing-Trophy-not-working/td-p/264... .

i didn't get any reply in that forum-post so i'm posting my post in here :

<<<my original forum-post is typed below>>>

--(my reply to atarax1's post)--

that has happened to me too! :-S     . and i honestly am NOT in the mood to delete my game-file from the "Game Files" PS3-folder and then reinstall the game into the PS3 and then start all over again from zero/scratch. i went through HELL trying to play this game, and trying to finish it (i did something similar to you: first i played it in "Easy", and then i selected the "Play (which is the first option in the main menu, after you beat the game) and selected the "Hard" difficulty setting, and played it in "Hard", thereby unlocking me "Crushing", and i just FINISHED the last level, "Showdown", in the "Crushing" difficulty level (i had to stop playing and save the game where i was -- in the "Sanctuary?" level, and go to sleep. and then today at about 10AM CST i turned on my PS3, went to the main menu for "Uncharted", and started playing again where i left off -- i just selected "Chapter Select", went to "Sanctuary?", selected "Crushing" as the difficulty level, and kept playing) . and no "bing!", no in-game "medal" and no ps3-trophy! (this would have been my last one for "Uncharted" too. i already got all the other ones, so this one would have been my final one to get the Platinum).

i really don't want to go through that hell again. Naughty Dog, can you PLEASE figure out a BETTER solution for all of us that have worked so freaking hard to go through this game fair and square and just want to get the "Crushing" medal and trophy and the "Platinum" trophy like we so respectfully deserve?

Message 4 of 4 (549 Views)
0 Likes