Apr 24 2010
By: real-wap First Son 5 posts

Game freeze (3.30)!

22 replies 147 views Edited Apr 24, 2010

Hi,

After the 3.30 system update, Uncharted 1 always freezes (and crashes the system) when I enter the room* just before the chapter "The Treasure Vault". I play on the hard level and reloading the game doesn't help. I can't go any further. This freeze also makes PS3 unable to quit the game and the console restart is quite long and difficult. Anyone? I look forward to see the game update/patch.

* room: There are symbol seals I need to spin to match the sketches in Drake's diary.

Message 1 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Try deleting your game data folder (not save data folder)...

Apr 27, 2010

Try deleting your game data folder (not save data folder) and reinstall the patch to see if it clears up your issue.

Message 2 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Same error, any new ideas?

May 3, 2010

Hi there,

I'm having a similar issue as above, recently upgraded to 3.30, came back to uncharted after not playing it for a few weeks, put the game in and it took a short eternity to load only to be greeted by a main menu with no text. I turned my PS3 off, cleaned the disc and retried, same deal, I let the PS3 cool for around an hour and tried again. Same issue.

I hit the X on the menu to start the game anyway and initially it looked fine, however there are no counters on the ammo, no text on the pause menu, no text when picking up treasures etc (you get the picture). Otherwise, audio and gameplay are fine.

I also have just gotten to the mausoleum after going through the church, completed the cut scene after spinning the symbols and I assume it should have told me what chapter I'm on, but it just showed a line...

I attempted deleting the data and re-installing the game update, however I'm hitting the same problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated as I'm eager to finish 1 before starting on 2!

Cheers

Message 3 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

I am having the same issue with the game freezing but at...

May 3, 2010

I am having the same issue with the game freezing but at a different spot.

I have tried the following things.

-Deleting the Game data and re-installing the patch

- restarting the level with auto save off

- I even traded my game for a different copy thinking it was the game at first.  That didn't work.  And I tried using a friends copy.  Therefore its not the disc

I have never had this happen on other games.

Message 4 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

I somehow passed this bug...

May 3, 2010

I didn't delete any data, but I tried to load the game several times with no luck. Then, I tried something new: I waited much more in the main menu before I started the game -- it seems like the game preloads a lot of data while you are in the menu. So I waited (2-3 minutes) until the disk indicator stopped and I pressed x. This time I was lucky and without any further freeze, I was able to finish the game on the hard level successfully. Unfortunately I have much less luck with the sequel, which freezes constantly and randomly (1.07 and OS 3.30), but this is another story to a different forum.

Message 5 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Just want to add myself to the list... sounds much like t...

May 7, 2010

Just want to add myself to the list... sounds much like the 3.0 FW problems. I have a pretty new PS3 slim 120 GB, bought in February. Since I borrowed my game to a friend for some weeks I couldn't play... Now got it back, wanted to try a new run on hard, everything worked just fine till Chapter 6. There just before Drake finds the looking glass in the FMV the game suddenly crashed. Restarted the PS3 (PS button not working) and tried to load the game, which froze AGAIN in the middle of the loading screen... Tried to revert to system defaults, tried to delete game data and re-installing the patch, tried to wait at the main menu, nothing worked so far, the game still crashes while loading.

Now I'll try without auto-saving (obviously there was a spot there) and see what happens further.

Just wanted to say, that this game was one of my first games for PS3 and I allready completed it without any issue on the fat PS3 several times...

Edit: Well my start from the chapter select without autosaving was no luck at all, this time I got just right before above spot, just wanted to save before it and it froze at the save screen(!) just as I wanted to select the slot to save... It's driving me nuts and I'm absolutely annoyed by it, the game just broken for me now, while it worked dozens time before!!! ...and btw I did manually save several times before in this chapter and even that reload freezes :smileysad:

Edit²: I tried another disc and it still freezes in the exact same spot...

Message 6 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Someone gotta fix it.   Arne maybe release a new UDF patc...

May 8, 2010

Someone's gotta fix it.

Arne maybe release a new UDF patch (v1.02)?

Sony maybe release a new firmware (v.3.31)?

Whoever's fault that is, please fix it! :smileysad:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Anyone from Naughty Dog outthere?   I have tried emailing...

May 10, 2010

Anyone from Naughty Dog outthere?

I have tried emailing and got no response... I would like to enjoy your game, but at the moment I can't and nobody seems to be able to tell me why?

Message 8 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

I am having this problem as well.. I've only recently pic...

May 10, 2010

I am having this problem as well.. I've only recently picked the game back up after shelving it since UC2 came out. I decided to go back and try to Platinum Drake's Fortune.. it turns out I had several trophies missing since the Trophy Patch. 

I started a new save file, but every time I get to a certain point in the "Plane Wrecked" chapter, my system freezes. It's always at the broken stone bridge that Drake has to cross in that chapter. 

I also am unable to just "quit game" and have to restart the system. It won't even let me "Continue" from the main menu.. I always have to start the chapter over from the beginning, which is no real hassle, but it would be nice to have the game load from the last saved checkpoint. 

At first I thought there may have been a scratch on my disk, but it was spotless. So I came on here only to find out that everyone seems to be having the same problem as me. 

Hopefully Naughty Dog puts out a patch that can clear up this problem for those of us who want to go back and re-play Drake's Fortune without any problems.

:smileysurprised:

Uncharted Rank: XV
Message 9 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

I've been having this problem since the 3.0 (3.1) update....

May 14, 2010

I've been having this problem since the 3.0 (3.1) update. Rather irritating really. I buy a game to play it, but if the game freezes in the exact same spot every time then it's pretty much useless.

Though, for those asking ND to come out with a fix I wouldn't expect one. The problem isn't on ND's end, it's the firmware from Sony. I've taken my Uncharted disk to a couple of friends' houses and played on their PS3s that aren't hooked up to the internet and have not installed any new firmware since the day they bought the systems and the game plays beautifully from start to finish. I even sat down with one friend and between the two of us we managed to burn through the entire game in two days. I only encounter the freezing problem on PS3s that have downloaded any firmware from 3.0 and up.

Message 10 of 23 (147 Views)
0 Likes