Last Guardian
11297 posts

Re: About Harry Flynn's voice.

Mar 6, 2016

SavvySauce wrote:

Well the "update" might just be them telling us that they're not changing anything, sadly.. I think he just meant he's going to actually give a response to this, finally.. What the response will be, I'm not sure. Smiley Sad

Oh i see, missed that post. Smiley Sad

Knowing ND, they're probably gonna say 'no' to this whole Flynn fiasco, i can't be the only one who thinks that they never added Rika Raja & Wetsuit Elena to U3 because they were using those 'time and resources' on TLoU, and here again they're probably using that money to develop TLoU2 or the story DLC for U4, etc.

Then again, they can always patch in Steve's voice after the game releases... it's just a voice, no need to model a character... but still, you never know what's going on behind the scenes, they probably have a reason for doing this. Hopefully they'll share it.

Message 371 of 411 (4,570 Views)
Sackboy
438 posts

Mar 6, 2016

bump

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - ghyttgh
Message 372 of 411 (4,531 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
238 posts

Mar 7, 2016

Would gladly pay for dlc

Bring back Steve Valentine for Harry Flynn!

ghfh

Message 373 of 411 (4,510 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2016

I would gladly pay whatever Steve's price is x 100.

Message 374 of 411 (4,496 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Naughty Dog Developer
1669 posts

Mar 7, 2016

I know many of you have been asking and we've unfortunately been silent for quite some time regarding your comments and questions about the voice acting of Harry Flynn in Uncharted 4 Multiplayer. I meant to post an update on Friday, but it's been a hectic week with all the news and events. I don’t have great news, so I just wanted to be up front about the voice acting decision process.

Looking into it, we *did* contact the original voice actors for the characters when we were looking to cast and record voiceover for the multiplayer characters in order to have them reprise his roles - this included Harry Flynn. This was our priority and we proceeded to try to do that across the board. I can't speak to why anyone would feel otherwise. In this case, we made the best effort to make it work, but ultimately we couldn't strike a deal that both sides were satisfied with. Sometimes that happens in this industry, among many others.

As always, we do appreciate your feedback and efforts to put support behind things you like and want -- we know all you want is our game to be the best it possibly can. We did our part to make it work and it didn’t work out when it should have - when we were casting the roles and negotiating agreements. Unfortunately, the opportunity had long passed us by, even back in December, and we won’t be re-recording any multiplayer voices.

Message 375 of 411 (4,473 Views)
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Mar 7, 2016

Thank you for the answer. Obviously we appreciate the effort and the update, but couldn't we have been told this a really long time ago? Not trying to be rude or disrespectful, just seems like this was known for a long time.

Message 376 of 411 (4,465 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
238 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2016

But... Steve says he wasnt contacted.. and he very avidly expressed he would have loved to do it.. 

not that expected a different response.. and while I appreciate that we finally have any word about this at all..I am confused...

There is no chance of a voice over pack in the future?.. anything? I know you said its too late to do any more multiplayer recordings.. but.. anytime at all? Even if the fans were to fund it?

I don't understand why if back in december it was too late to record more lines anyway.. we weren't just told that..

Bring back Steve Valentine for Harry Flynn!

ghfh

Message 377 of 411 (4,447 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
137 posts

Mar 7, 2016

I am really confused.. and don't really know where to start. Steve has publically stated multiple multiple times that he was never contacted, that he would have loved to do it and was never given the offer. We're supposed to believe he's just been lying? I don't believe that. I'm really confused, and confused why this wasn't told to us back in December when this was first brought up.

If even in December it was too late to make this kind of change, why were we told you would see what you could do and for all of us to continue posting about it here?

I appreciate the reply, it's what we've been asking for for months..

Message 378 of 411 (4,437 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
1669 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2016

Kikkuchu wrote:

But... Steve says he wasnt contacted.. and he very avidly expressed he would have loved to do it.. 

Don't know why that's been said. I don't want to turn this into a he-said, she-said, but we did reach out via his representation as we always do with all our actors. And the typical contract negotiations were had. An agreement couldn't be settled on.

Kikkuchu wrote:

I don't understand why if back in december it was too late to record more lines anyway.. we weren't just told that..

It's all a complicated, sensitive situation try to to get all the info once the discussion went into a public space.

Message 379 of 411 (4,436 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
206 posts

Mar 7, 2016

Assuming we have all the necessary information and this all happened to be a big misunderstanding, would it still be possible to have Steve Valentine's voice work re-introduced via a later patch? Such as what Bungie did to Destiny's Ghost character, patching in Nolan North's work over Peter Dinklage's.

Message 380 of 411 (4,422 Views)